Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skincare in Limerick?

• 08-09-2016 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Has anyone ever gotten any chemical peels done in Limerick? If so, how much did it cost and where did you get it done? I'm also looking for a place to get extractions done.

I've had acne for years and it's left my skin damaged. Unfortunately, I'm a student and therefore I can't afford to spend large amounts of money on lasers and the likes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

If you have acne then do not waste your money with chemical peels. They are temporary ineffective solutions to underlying issues. I would recommend going to your gp to seek advice. Depending on whether your are male or female they may place you on the pill or antibiotics to treat the acne.

I would highly recommend Dr Naomi Mackle in the Adare Cosmetics clinic in Adare. She is a gp but is also trained to prescribe roaccutane as well. http://adarecosmetics.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PVHD

panda100 wrote: »
    If you have acne then do not waste your money with chemical peels. They are temporary ineffective solutions to underlying issues. I would recommend going to your gp to seek advice. Depending on whether your are male or female they may place you on the pill or antibiotics to treat the acne.

I would highly recommend Dr Naomi Mackle in the Adare Cosmetics clinic in Adare. She is a gp but is also trained to prescribe roaccutane as well

Thanks very much for the reply. I finished my course of accutane about six months ago and although it's pretty much cleared the acne I had, I've been left with a lot of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. There are red marks from pimples I had on my cheeks almost a year ago . As far as I can tell, they haven't changed much over the last six months. Do you have any recommendations? Would a peel be a good solution to speed up the process, or is it just a case of waiting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

PVHD wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the reply. I finished my course of accutane about six months ago and although it's pretty much cleared the acne I had, I've been left with a lot of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. There are red marks from pimples I had on my cheeks almost a year ago . As far as I can tell, they haven't changed much over the last six months. Do you have any recommendations? Would a peel be a good solution to speed up the process, or is it just a case of waiting?

Oh apologies, I mis-read your first post :) I also was left with a lot of scarring/redness after acne. It sucks but it does get better with time.

I tried a course of microdermbrasion in Belissimo and IPL skin rejuvenation in Vanilla Browns Spa. Neither really did anything. I just don't think the treatments in beauty salons are strong enough for acne scarring. My scars have lessened a lot over the years by using really good skincare, mainly Ole Henriksen.I also love my facials from Alchemist Earth whom use 100% natural, cruelty free products. They have buy one get one free on beauty treatments at the mo!

If I was to go down the peel route I would probably go to Adare Cosmetics Clinic. It's a medical centre so the treatments used would be a lot stronger and probably more effective.

Advertisement