Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems accessing certain sites with Eircom DSL IP address

Options
  • 08-09-2016 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

Hi there, 

Just wondering if anybody else is having trouble accessing SSL websites from Eircom DSL accounts. A customer of mine needs access to siadmin.eu , but she cannot get access to this. Some SSL sites, like hotmail.com and boi.ie work, but other SSL sites dont. 

I have contacted business support but they are saying that it is a local DNS issue, which it is not, as I use the same DNS servers on my own E-Fibre connection and I can connect to the siadmin.eu website. 

I have done the following: 
    - Rebooted the D1000 router, acquired a different public IP address, still cant access website. 
    - Connected the site to a different provider (over 3G) and they CAN connect to this website. 
    - Replaced the router with a new D1000 router, reset the router, and still cant connect for DSL IP address. 

So I'm pretty certain that the problem is with Eircom network. Is anybody else experiencing similar? 

regards, 
    Peter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Guy called Brian on technical support told me to switch of uPNP. This sorted out problems with both the issue with the SSL websites and an issue with port forwarding. I just wish the guy yesterday could have told me this. Would have saved me about 8 hours work. :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Guy called Brian on technical support told me to switch of uPNP. This sorted out problems with both the issue with the SSL websites and an issue with port forwarding. I just wish the guy yesterday could have told me this. Would have saved me about 8 hours work. :-(
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]PeterTheNinth,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear this issue is now resolved. Apologies it took so long to reach a resolution, I will relay your feedback to the technical team.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement