Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why the increase?

Options
  • 08-09-2016 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭

I got a quotation from Liberty for car insurance (online) on August 19 and as cover wasnt required until 15 Sept I left it for a while but when I went back today I see that the original quote was only valid for 7 days. That on its own is a bit crazy as most insurers quotes would remain valid for 30 days.

So I went and got an other quote just a few minutes ago and its now almost €40 dearer. I would like to know how you can justify an increase of almost €40 within a 20 day period?

And just to not that a €40 increase over a 20 day period equates to a yearly increase of €730

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

muffler wrote: »
    I got a quotation from Liberty for car insurance (online) on August 19 and as cover wasnt required until 15 Sept I left it for a while but when I went back today I see that the original quote was only valid for 7 days. That on its own is a bit crazy as most insurers quotes would remain valid for 30 days.

So I went and got an other quote just a few minutes ago and its now almost €40 dearer. I would like to know how you can justify an increase of almost €40 within a 20 day period?

And just to not that a €40 increase over a 20 day period equates to a yearly increase of €730
    Hi muffler,
    Can you PM me the quote references so we can check them.
    Thanks
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks Una. PM sent.

Advertisement