Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine recommendations in Sunday Times

Options
  • 08-09-2016 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Does anyone have a list of the Aldi/Supervalu wine recommendations in this week's Sunday Times? Looking to buy some white wine for a party this weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I have a photo of it, but not posting til I get my fill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

emmetfahy wrote: »
    Does anyone have a list of the Aldi/Supervalu wine recommendations in this week's Sunday Times? Looking to buy some white wine for a party this weekend.

I think these are them.

Comte De Moucheron 1er Cru Beaune 2012; €34.99; Lidl. A classic Burgundy that’s worth every cent of its price. (93/100)

Ch Camp De La Hire 2010, Castillon; €16.99 or 2 for €20; @winerepublic. Fab vintage, so it’s fruity, spicy and supple with a few years of life yet. (90/100)

Nikau Point Hawkes Bay Reserve Syrah 2014; €9.99; Aldi. A stunner that tastes like a €20 Crozes-Hermitage. Buy it in bulk. (90/100)

Ch La Baronnerie 2010, Blaye, €15.99 or 2 for €20; Supervalu. 2010 was a great Bordeaux vintage and hard to find now, so snap it up. (89/100)

Adrien Marechal Reuilly 2015, €14.99; Lidl. A symphony of citrus that outshines neighbours Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumé in this sale. (90/100)

Domäne Wachau Grüner Veltliner 2015, €8.99; Aldi. Great grüner from a leading estate and a total steal. (88/100)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Cheers, what/where is @winerepublic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Winerepublic one is Supevalu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

is there a bargain here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

frash wrote: »
    is there a bargain here?

They're doesn't need to be anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia