Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What DJ turntable to buy

• 08-09-2016 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. I have started to buy vinyl again and went back to mixing with a Sound Lab DLP 1600 which is a pile of crap. Biggest problem with it is the tiny pitch control which is also faulty so makes it quite hard to mix with.

I am using a DJM 400 mixer and two CDJ 400s. At a party one of the decks got soaked in beer. It still works but the job wheel is quite stiff even after using a lot of servisol spray to try and free it up.

I would like some advice on which turntable in the market is the best value for my needs. Should I go second hand? What kind of features on modern turntables should I be looking out for. Only came across a USB turntable for the first time today :P

Budget wise I would be looking at 500 euro max but would be nice to get something for 300

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I'd say keep an out out for a pair of decks on the second hand sites. Adverts, Gumtree etc
    If there is a set of Technics within budget then get those. Mine are 20+ years old and still going strong.
    Mostly those USB turntables are not for DJing, more for people to convert their old collections.
    Techs, Vestax and then maybe Geminis. If you want to DJ for real make you you get direct drives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

From the comments it looks like these can be had for your budget....

http://www.adverts.ie/11206353

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

iamstop wrote: »
    I'd say keep an out out for a pair of decks on the second hand sites. Adverts, Gumtree etc
    If there is a set of Technics within budget then get those. Mine are 20+ years old and still going strong.

I'll second this,cant beat a set of 1210s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Technics 1210's or 1200's, failing that Vestax are pretty good as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

has to be technics. keep them in good order and you'll get your money back 20 years later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Technics all day long.

I picked up mine 4 years ago from a guy on DoneDeal. He said he had a pair of 1200s. He specifically described them as the 'silver ones'.

However when I met him he produced a pair of 1210s, as black as the day is long, but brand-new in unopened boxes.

He had them advertised for €800 but he said "€500 and don't ask any questions. Take it or leave it. You interested?"

Stupid question. My sincerest apologies to the owner of whatever warehouse window they floated out through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Technics all day long.

I picked up mine 4 years ago from a guy on DoneDeal. He said he had a pair of 1200s. He specifically described them as the 'silver ones'.

However when I met him he produced a pair of 1210s, as black as the day is long, but brand-new in unopened boxes.

He had them advertised for €800 but he said "€500 and don't ask any questions. Take it or leave it. You interested?"

Stupid question. My sincerest apologies to the owner of whatever warehouse window they floated out through.

you certainly got very lucky there mate for sure, done deal is usually full of scammers but you cant pass up an opportunity like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭francois

have mine for over 20 years, still going strong, only ever needed to replace a €2 fuse on the board once.

Advertisement