Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pedal Power Meter Pricing

Options
  • 08-09-2016 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Condition: New

Brand new PowerTap P1 Pedal Powermeter Set
    •IT'S LIKE CLIPPING YOUR FEET INTO TWO LITTLE LIE DETECTORS.
    •These aren't ordinary pedals. The P1 pedal is a simple, intelligent and uncompromising design that provides the same proven PowerTap accuracy and reliability. The simple one-piece design easily mounts to any crank and does not require calibration nor installation angle setting, providing a true “plug-and-play” experience.
    •The P1 also features dual band ANT+ and Bluetooth SMART for compatibility with a multitude of head units and smart devices. Plus, the independent measurement opens the possibility for a new set of pedaling metrics previously unavailable to help give you the ultimate competitive edge.

•Features:
    •Thread Type: 9/16"
    •Cleat Interface: 3 bolt - KEO style
    •Spring Type: Adjustable Elastomer
    •Proven PowerTap accuracy
    •Release Tension: 6-20 Nm
    •Stack Height: 14mm
    •Q-Factor: 53mm (measured from crank to pedal)
    •Lean Angle: 16 degrees (based on 175mm crank length, 75mm BB drop and 147mm Q-Factor crank)
    •Firmware Updates: Over the air
    •Connectivity: ANT+ and Bluetooth SMART
    •Battery: AAA
    •Battery Life: 60 hours
    •Weight: 398 grams
    2 year warranty worldwide on all of our PowerTap branded power meters

Retailing at €1,237 http://www.wiggle.com/powertap-p1-pedal-powermeter-set/

Selling for €1,100, (no offers). If i don't sell i will keep them

That link you have posted has them retailing for 1,138 :/.(Edit this is when you get them delivered to Ireland using parcel motel) You will definitely be holding onto to them at that price. Another new pair also been sitting on adverts for 999 for a good few weeks. Them pedals are long overdue a price drop with the garmin pedals now available at 900 quid..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

That link you have posted has them retailing for 1,138 :/.(Edit this is when you get them delivered to Ireland using parcel motel) You will definitely be holding onto to them at that price. Another new pair also been sitting on adverts for 999 for a good few weeks. Them pedals are long overdue a price drop with the garmin pedals now available at 900 quid..

Post edited.

Thanks for that so you will take them at a €1,000 then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Them pedals are long overdue a price drop with the garmin pedals now available at 900 quid..

Slightly off topic but where did you see that? They are currently 1,179e on the Garmin website delivered to Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

tunney wrote: »
    Why oh why would you want a vector?

People often confuse cheap with good value.

Not to hijack the thread, but what would be the best power meter out there? I gather it depends a lot on various elements, would that be right?

My Profile: Just finished my first season of Sprint races, want to make the best of the time I spend and the work I do on the bike.

Would like to spend the winter getting cosy with a power meter so that when race season comes around again I'm as best prepared as possible.

Any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

The Rook wrote: »
    Not to hijack the thread, but what would be the best power meter out there? I gather it depends a lot on various elements, would that be right?

My Profile: Just finished my first season of Sprint races, want to make the best of the time I spend and the work I do on the bike.

Would like to spend the winter getting cosy with a power meter so that when race season comes around again I'm as best prepared as possible.

Any recommendations?

single bike or want to switch between two? comfortable working on your bike(changing a chainset)? seperate training and race wheels or just one set?

few factors will dictate the best choice. need a bit more info. i prefer chainset, power2max would be your best bet IMHO, quarg are simialr, SRM the gold standard but you need a fat wallet for SRM

you're going down the right path though. do you need a PM to train properly? No. is it a good way of ensuring you get the best from your sessions? definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

mossym wrote: »
    single bike or want to switch between two? comfortable working on your bike(changing a chainset)? seperate training and race wheels or just one set?

few factors will dictate the best choice. need a bit more info. i prefer chainset, power2max would be your best bet IMHO, quarg are simialr, SRM the gold standard but you need a fat wallet for SRM

you're going down the right path though. do you need a PM to train properly? No. is it a good way of ensuring you get the best from your sessions? definitely

Put a price on just working....

Put a price on just working....

??? by working i mean him switching over the chainset on his bike, not the operation of the PM.
    if he is happy changing chainsets between two bikes, or only has one bike, then then there is no price.

if he has to bring it to a shop every time then there is a cost

Thanks for the swift responses.

I just have the one bike, with no plans as of yet to get a second for a while (although I can't help but think about Velominati Rule #12
    "While the minimum number of bikes one should own is three, the correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned. This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner" !!

I've no problem working on the bike (as in effort) but am a bit clueless when it comes to actual "mechanic" style working on the bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

The Rook wrote: »

Power2max gossamer
    is far from the best PM on the market, its entry level at €700, but I bought it coming from a similar background as yourself and have found it very useful for winter turbos in particular. Probably the most useful bang for tri-spend buck I've had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Why oh why would you want a vector?

People often confuse cheap with good value.

Havent heard of anyone having problems with theirs?

if you have a single bike, then i'd be looking at a crankset, and power2max would be top of my list. choice can be a bit daunting depending on what bottom bracket you have, if you've trouble figuring out what you need we can point you in the right direction.

mossym wrote: »
    if you have a single bike, then i'd be looking at a crankset, and power2max would be top of my list. choice can be a bit daunting depending on what bottom bracket you have, if you've trouble figuring out what you need we can point you in the right direction.

Thanks again , this is brilliant.

I have a trek Emonda SL5 (http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bikes/road-bikes/performance-road/%C3%A9monda/%C3%A9monda-sl-5/p/1442000-2016) and from looking at the power2max website I'm not entirely sure which version of the gossamer PM I should be going for. (nor if I should be going for chain rings, chain ring bolts or bottom brackets!)

Apologies for all the questions!

trek, so it's going to be a BB90 bottom bracket. the gossamer linked here:
    http://www.power2max.de/europe/en/Produkt/power-meters-en/power2max-type-s-fsa-gossamer-road-2-2/

will work. you will need to decide if you want a compact (110bcd) or standard (130bcd), and you will most likely need a set of chain rings (as i'm guessing you have a shimano chainset on your bike, and the rings can't be reused with the gossamer). the praxis rings are superb, i use them and find them excellent, they would be my choice. you will need chain ring bolts to put them together.

one last thing, power2max are excellent in terms of customer service, to make sure i haven't gotten it all wrong send them an email before buying, listing your bike and what you intend to buy, and just make sure it's right.

that is of course if you decide to go cranket. always the options of pedals or hub based

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Alternatively just buy a brand new Powertap P1 pedal set from me.

Alternatively just buy a brand new Powertap P1 pedal set from me.

I would if I could Jackyback but the funds just don't stretch that far. The convenience of the pedals vs the crank would be great, but as I've only the one bike I don't need it. As such the power2max suits me nicely. Sorry again for hijacking the thread with my play school level questions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

I have a Powertap wheel (hub-based PM) I could be persuaded to part with The Rook. Cheapest way by far to get into bike power management and obviously movable between bikes in seconds should you get another bike in the future.

MojoMaker wrote: »
    I have a Powertap wheel (hub-based PM) I could be persuaded to part with The Rook. Cheapest way by far to get into bike power management and obviously movable between bikes in seconds should you get another bike in the future.

Hi MojoMaker, I actually have now bought a Power Meter offline, thanks for the offer though.

Kona2016-50 will get you 50% off any power meter on https://www.powertap.com. Technically meant for Kona qualifiers but managed to get it to work, serious bargain on their pedals ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Kona2016-50 will get you 50% off any power meter on https://www.powertap.com. Technically meant for Kona qualifiers but managed to get it to work, serious bargain on their pedals ....

Any issues with shipping to Ireland. And or customs.?

Ceepo wrote: »
    Any issues with shipping to Ireland. And or customs.?

Order from the uk site and got it delivered to parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Munurty

I've ordered from the UK site and used parcel motel too. The billing address would only accept a UK address and wouldn't accept my credit card. I used Paypal in the end and it seems to be processing fine.

Thanks for the heads up boysinblack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I'm finding it very hard to keep my wallet in my pocket. Urge to buy rising. God damn it I just can't do it. I know I'm going to regret not buying but can't afford a purchase like this atm

I'm finding it very hard to keep my wallet in my pocket. Urge to buy rising. God damn it I just can't do it. I know I'm going to regret not buying but can't afford a purchase like this atm

Wasnt planning on buying them to the new year myself but the credit card just had to take the hit. Discounts that good are rare enough on power products!

Too good to be true lads. Offer not available to non-Kona qualifiers!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 shellda1

Too good to be true for me unfortunately, got an email back asking where i had got the code from as they had no record of sending it to me. Played the "my friend KQ'd and gave me the code" card but it didnt work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Munurty

I asked the sales guy who emailed me what kind of discount he could offer me and he came back with 25%. Hmm tough decision.

Follow what I did above and get yourself the full 50. Small bit off hassle to save couple of hundred quid.

You do realise you are openly admitting to identity theft?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Code doesn't seem to be working anymore in any region. I'll have to take it as I've just saved ~€600.

Advertisement