Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forfeit switching bonus when cancelling

Options
  • 08-09-2016 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭

Hi, a few months back I switched to a duel fuel plan (Elec: domestic urban, Gas: standard domestic value reward) and as part of that got a €120 switching bonus which was applied as credit to my gas account. I'm forced to look at our options at the moment and I'm wondering what happens to that credit if we have to cancel our contract with Electric Ireland?

I understand that there is a clause that if there is any change to the contract the associated discounts are lost, but as this was a cash back bonus which was applied as credit that clause doesn't seem to apply (since it's not a discount). Apart from the €50 cancellation fee per account, and the final bill, would there be any other money owed or penalty? I've read the terms and conditions and can't find anything explicitly mentioning it, so just looking for confirmation.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi TheChizler,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We are sorry to read that you may have to switch from Electric Ireland. Should you do so mid contract, the exit fee will be as you say: €50 per fuel, and that would be it, the credit would not be reversed.

We hope that assists you sufficiently. If you require any further information though, do let us know.

Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Hi TheChizler,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We are sorry to read that you may have to switch from Electric Ireland. Should you do so mid contract, the exit fee will be as you say: 50 per fuel, and that would be it, the credit would not be reversed.

We hope that assists you sufficiently. If you require any further information though, do let us know.

Una

________
    Thanks Una, I just want to be informed at this point! Thanks for the info.

Advertisement