Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refunded bank giro issue

Options
  • 08-09-2016 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently closed an account with Electric Ireland on account of a move. My final bill was an estimate, and was higher than the actual amount due, so I contacted Electric Ireland with the reading and was informed I was due a refund. I then recieved a letter in the post which included a Bank Giro Credit Transfer in the amount due.

However, when I attempted to lodge this, it was returned to me. How can I access the refunded amount?

Thanks for any information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi DivingDuck,

Thank you for post.

A refund can be issued by cheque or by electronic fund transfer (if the account was on direct debit). Alternatively, it can be transferred to another Electric Ireland account at the request of the account holder with the credit.

We can check if a refund has already been requested for you and how this will be processed.

For account security, we will require the following information by private message:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement