Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters/Tri Swimming sessions 2016/17

Options
  • 08-09-2016 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

Masters Swimming sessions have recommenced in Arklow and will continue for 80 sessions (twice weekly, Mon and Thurs 8-9pm).
    There are two lanes booked (ability standard is roughly 6-9min 400m in lane 1, 4:40-6min 400m in lane 2). 50/50 triathletes/swimmers.
    Coach is Asgard Swim Club head coach John Kealy.
    Cost is €45/month.

There are a couple of slots free in either lane (numbers are being kept small, less than 7 per lane), anyone who would welcome winter wet-work in Wicklow, drop me a PM :)

**Edit- everything is full up now, no more spots available**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Sub60Swim have an 11-week block starting Friday 7th October 7-8pm, Belvedere Pool Dublin 1. Details on Facebook. Highly recommended Tri-focused sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭RuMan

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    Sub60Swim have an 11-week block starting Friday 7th October 7-8pm, Belvedere Pool Dublin 1. Details on Facebook. Highly recommended Tri-focused sessions.

Are these for members only ?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

No open to ti members

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Kurt, find me a session like this in Limerick and i'll buy you a beer next time i see you...:)

mossym wrote: »
    Kurt, find me a session like this in Limerick and i'll buy you a beer next time i see you...:)

Limerick Masters have the benefits of that great pool, and you'll soon be leading out your wave by doing fly for the first 50m... what triathlete doesn't need more fly sets in their life?;)

But... scratch the head... surely you are spoilt for tri swim groups in Limerick area?

(Its worth noting for newbie swimmers looking to join a group that many Masters groups train towards "proper" swimming, and while endless fast 25's dive start will do wonders for your shoulders <kisses biceps> they may not be all that useful for 750/1500/3800 sets)

• Advertisement

aye, lots of tri clubs. severe shortage of smaller coached sessions though.

mossym wrote: »
    aye, lots of tri clubs. severe shortage of smaller coached sessions though.

There was no Tri group sessions a few years ago in my place either... get in contact with a good coach and build it. There's loads of people waiting to sign up for these courses, just need a few more chiefs!

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    There was no Tri group sessions a few years ago in my place either... get in contact with a good coach and build it. There's loads of people waiting to sign up for these courses, just need a few more chiefs!

next time i meet you at a race remind me to tell you about the politics of this one..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

"Masters Swimming sessions have recommenced in Arklow and will continue for 80 sessions (twice weekly, Mon and Thurs 8-9pm).
    There are two lanes booked (ability standard is roughly 6-9min 400m in lane 1, 4:40-6min 400m in lane 2). 50/50 triathletes/swimmers.
    Coach is Asgard Swim Club head coach John Kealy.
    Cost is €45/month."

2 slots have opened up here if anyone is interested (couple of lads weren't quite fast enough), send me a PM for more details.

Advertisement