Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You'd think pay as you go meters are worth it? 19c per day - I don't think so

Options
  • 08-09-2016 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi,

So I had about 2e left on the meter, I was going away for 2 weeks.  So cleaned out the fridge - hit the main switch to turn everything off.

And I come back to a -7.56e debt on the meter? 19c per day, 14x0.19=2.66e.  Where does the extra ~7e come from?

I had no power what so ever in my place over that time.

Please explain.

Regards,
    EH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi ElusiveHaggis,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Is your Pay As You Go meter a Smarter PAYG (the newest type of Electric Ireland PAYG meter, launched last year) or one of the older Electric Ireland PAYG meters?

For the standing charge, are you urban based or rural based? And before your PAYG meter was installed, was your ESB meter a 24-hour meter (same unit rate at all times) or a NightSaver meter (day rate and night rate)?

If you need us to clarify any of these, do send us a private message confirming the Electric Ireland account number in question, stating you are the account-holder and how your name appears on the account, and confirming your address and date of birth.

We will be able to respond either this evening before 6pm or tomorrow.

Regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Hi,

So I had about 2e left on the meter, I was going away for 2 weeks.  So cleaned out the fridge - hit the main switch to turn everything off.

And I come back to a -7.56e debt on the meter? 19c per day, 14x0.19=2.66e.  Where does the extra ~7e come from?

I had no power what so ever in my place over that time.

Please explain.

Regards,
    EH
    ESB Network charge, PSO levy. You pay these if you are on a bill or a meter. The 19c is extra for the meter. 

This would have been broken by whatever salesperson you dealt with 

Advertisement