Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Fraud

Options
  • 08-09-2016 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I reported a fraud of c.€6000 on Monday to my branch manager and the card fraud team. My branch manager was quick to respond and said the transaction looked to have been pending but not gone through.

The card fraud team have filed a report and have promised a call back. I have not heard from them as yet. I followed up today but they could not update me as they do not have access to the fraud team and were not in a position to give me details of a fraud contact to follow up with.

Today the transaction looks to have gone through and I have also been charged a cross border/fx fee of 11 euro.

Can somebody please come back to me on this. It is a significant amount of money and having an impact which I would hope BOI appreciate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning jbrady5, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to Boards.ie. 

I am very sorry to hear that you have been a recent victim of fraud. When our Fraud team open an investigation, they will contact you as soon as they have an update. As each case is different it can take a little longer to investigate. Please be assured that our team will be in contact with you once they have resolved your case. 

If you'd like an update in the mean time, please call 0818 365 365 between Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm and a rep will be more than happy to pop you through to one of Fraud reps. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jbrady5

I hi have called them multiple times. As per my post above, when I did get through, the fraud team do not have access to anything, all they do is file a report and 'send it to dublin'.

I have been promised a call back within 24 hours twice now but have still heard nothing 5 days later. Considering the amount and impact it is having, this is quite poor. 

Elaine, imagine this was your €6000, what would you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Thanks for coming back to me here, 

I completely understand jbrady5 and apologies as I was not aware that you had been promised a call back. If you'd like to send me a Private Message with your name and contact number, I'll be happy to follow this up for you on Monday when our Fraud Investigations team re open. 

To send a PM please make sure you have your signatures set to display in your control panel setting and then click in the link in my signature below to send the message. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

The branch should take that money out of a suspense account and give it back to the customer, pending an investigation

Advertisement