If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE49KU6400 vs PANASONIC TX50DX700B

Options
  • 08-09-2016 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi,
        I notice the Panasonic has local dimming but which TV would you rate as having the better picture and indeed better set overall.  

I'm also looking to use it with Plex and I believe the Samaung's tend to work with this app better so that may ultimately swing it  but the picture quality is important.

Thanks,
    Bifl

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

bifl wrote: »
    Hi,
        I notice the Panasonic has local dimming but which TV would you rate as having the better picture and indeed better set overall.  

I'm also looking to use it with Plex and I believe the Samaung's tend to work with this app better so that may ultimately swing it  but the picture quality is important.

Thanks,
    Bifl
    Hi Bifl.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Both these screens are very good indeed but for me the Panasonic would swing it on Picture compared to the 6400.
    There is a £100 price difference between the two.

Like you say the smart features are more comprehensive on the Samsung but again I still like the picture on the 700 over the 6400.

Not sure how much this will swing you as you would not be disappointed by either.

Let me know what you think, any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

Thanks Kenny,
       Where would I need to be go so in the Samsung range to get something comparable to the Panasonic picture quality ?  Looking at 49-50 inch.

Thanks,
    Bifl 

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

bifl,

Thanks for the post - the Samsung that has always really impressed me is the 49KS7000 - its a chunk more expensive but it really is a nice TV - have a look here:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201975-ue49ks7000.aspx

Keep us posted!

ATVB,

John Mc & crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.