Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Ireland in 30th week

Options
  • 08-09-2016 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've seen few similar threads here, but this is a bit different now.

My GF is pregnant with me (Yuuupie!). Baby is expected to be born at the end of January.
    I'm EU citizen working in Dublin for the last 12 years with intention to stay some more time. My GF decided to move to Dublin (she is also EU citizen) so we can share the joy of raising our boy together from the beginning.

Due to many different reason she won't be able to move to Dublin before end of October / start of November. This will be 29th week of pregnancy.

Obliviously she doesn't have PPS number - we can apply for it when she's here, stating that she intends to stay with me for at least a year and she will need maternity care.

Will be there any issues with GP taking us in 29th/30th week? Should i try to make an appointment in Rotunda now for November?

Any other suggestions, tips or general advice will be appreciated. This is the mission I want to have planned and prepared for :)

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Once she is an EU citizen she should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Thanks, I believe so. But you know women, "should be fine" won't get through to her.
    Got reply to my query about "ordinary resident" status and how to get it (you can become one if you intend to stay in state for 12 month or longer - according to HSE) from HSE, but it looks like copied and pastied answer with some info missing.
    To access maternity services in Ireland you must be able to show that you intend to be ordinarily resident.
      Proof that you have been Ordinarily Resident in Ireland for the last year or more (P60, Rent Book, Letter from Employer)
      Photographic ID and your PPS number.

Above answer is a bit catch 22 to me, same feeling I had when I rang my health centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Similar thread posted recently, the letter from the GP should be enough to get her a PPS number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Did this just a couple of weeks ago: Set up an appointment with the GP immediately, tell you need a letter for the PPS number. It would be wise setting an appointment for applying for the PPS number quite early, because waiting times can be up to 4 weeks. (I had to wait around 3)
    Attend her application appointment! It will make everything a lot easier when you are around as the partner. Have your paperwork ready, rest should be fine.

Advertisement