Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China mobiles in a shop in Ireland?

Options
  • 08-09-2016 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Websites like DX.com, Aliexpress and so on have lots of "China phones" that do not come from first-tier manufacturers. Brands like DOOGEE feature prominently there. They offer a lot of features for a small price, at the cost of not having warranty service in Europe.

In itself that would be an acceptable bargain, but a phone ordered from China can arrive dead. *That* is a risk I am not willing to take.

I know that in places like Russia there are shops (not of the mainstream variety) where you can buy such phones. One can at least test the device thoroughly before purchasing it, and sometimes the shop itself gives you a brief warranty.

I wonder if similar shops exist in Ireland. Ideally in Limerick, second preference Cork, and third preference Dublin or Galway. (I'm not driving to Belfast for this).

The background here is that my son wants a mobile, with Pokemon Go a priority - and this thingie hogs resources. Not much money is available. A Bush model from Argos fits the bill perfectly but 100 Euro is on the high side in our situation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can purchase from one of the China sites, but order from the EU warehouse/part of the site to have it arrive quicker/ no customs etc and easier to return if that helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Try adverts some shops selling phones like xiaomi

Advertisement