Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards recruitment September 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

I got an email to book my stage two there, that was quick .. I'm in the mid 1000s group.
    I've a feeling this will be highly excelerated, I waited 8 months for my stage 2 last time .. This time I waited about 8 days. Hopefully we get going soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭mandymo

I got an email to book my stage two there, that was quick .. I'm in the mid 1000s group.
    I've a feeling this will be highly excelerated, I waited 8 months for my stage 2 last time .. This time I waited about 8 days. Hopefully we get going soon.

Me too, just got the message and I'm the same as you early 1000's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Any verification emails for those sitting stage 2 next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭clairelouise95

MrBlack93 wrote: »

Haven't got mine yet.. I've my stage 2 on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭DE1991

The woman told me earlier when i phoned that the verication emails would be sent out tomorrow

• Advertisement

Anyone know how long stage 2 will last? I've mine at half 2 Monday, would I make it for the half 5 bus home?

Anyone know how long stage 2 will last? I've mine at half 2 Monday, would I make it for the half 5 bus home?

Probably not.
    The testing will take at least an hour, there was an hour between the testing and orientation last time and the orientation takes 30 mins.

You also want to factor in time for potential technical difficulties on the day.

Probably not.
    The testing will take at least an hour, there was an hour between the testing and orientation last time and the orientation takes 30 mins.

You also want to factor in time for potential technical difficulties on the day.

That's dead on thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jobseekr1

Hi all,
    Amazed to have gotten through to the supervised aptitudes, I’m in the 1,000 plus category.
    Anyhow, trying to get a sense of how many people are left from the 2013 and also the 2015 campaign?, queued for Templemore ahead of the September 2016 campaign?
    Also, do people think those in the second batch as in 1,000 plus would also be interviewed from the December 8 date, or likely early in the New Year?

I do hate badgering but has anyone received a confirmation about their assessment centre test booking next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 AlisonT123

I contacted them yesterday and they confirmed my date and time. They said an email will go out today.. Is it the first 1000 that succeeded in stage one that is called to stage 2.. I wonder how many of the people called further will attended stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 TF1992

Say we'll get the list of what we need to bring by the end of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

Emails just gone out confirming dates.

TF1992 wrote: »
    Say we'll get the list of what we need to bring by the end of the day

List of what you need to bring is as follows

I.D. - Passport or Driving licence

2 Passport Photos - With your candidate I.D. written on the back + signature

Printout of invitation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Emer29

I just read the email. At the button it mentions to familiarise yourself with the material for stage 3 before your test. I presume this is an error and they mean stage 2??

Emer29 wrote: »
    I just read the email. At the button it mentions to familiarise yourself with the material for stage 3 before your test. I presume this is an error and they mean stage 2??

Yeah, probably a relic from when the assessment centre was referred to as stage 3.

But there is a section regarding stage 3 within the familiarisation material for stage 2 so they could be referring to that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Butterfly2323

Got my confirmation email but it's saying I'm at half 2 on the 7th but when I rang they told me I was down for 1.15?? Any one else have this issue? I've already booked my train home for 7 to make sure I had plenty of time after the test but if it's at half 2 now I could be cutting it close??

Got my confirmation email but it's saying I'm at half 2 on the 7th but when I rang they told me I was down for 1.15?? Any one else have this issue? I've already booked my train home for 7 to make sure I had plenty of time after the test but if it's at half 2 now I could be cutting it close??

Call them to verify the time. could be a mistake on their part

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Resus_Medic

Got stage 2 booked today - 15 Nov @ 11:30. Anyone else on that day?

I wouldn't be the fittest person going, so I have booked a few PT sessions in a local gym... Would I be right in saying that getting going at the fitness early is a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭vodkacz

I rang them and was told that 2.30 is the time when the tests start. The reason they want us to come in 1.15 is that orientation presentation prior to the test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Butterfly2323

vodkacz wrote: »
    I rang them and was told that 2.30 is the time when the tests start. The reason they want us to come in 1.15 is that orientation presentation prior to the test.

Oh that's fine so! I thought they'd just changed the times! So still be there for 1:15! Perfect!

So the people doing the test at half 2 have to be there for 1.15?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 TF1992

Got stage 2 booked today - 15 Nov @ 11:30. Anyone else on that day?

I wouldn't be the fittest person going, so I have booked a few PT sessions in a local gym... Would I be right in saying that getting going at the fitness early is a good idea?

They big up the fitness during the induction , it's where a lot of people fell down last time. Fair play to you for getting going now , it'll show at the fitness

Fed up of doing practice tests ha! I'm leaving nothing down to chance this time, to the extent that I'm losing sleep running through every potential test scenario for stage 2!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

You'll be grand lad, you're through to this round so you're doing fine. Verbal reasoning and the report writing you'd want to be paying attention to most, the rest are grand as you'd have done them before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

Will stage 3 dates be announced before 25th for people doing tests next week or will we have to wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 AlisonT123

Does anyone remember the scenarios and actions giving in stage 1. One regarding a officer leaving his assigned area and another regarding a seized car. Trying to go over them as unsure if I got them correct or not

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭DE1991

Just got the online course there from career services. Anyone else get it? Slightly hungover today so i think ill wait till tomorrow to have a crack at looking through it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

DE1991 wrote: »
    Just got the online course there from career services. Anyone else get it? Slightly hungover today so i think ill wait till tomorrow to have a crack at looking through it

Try not to mention those courses, against forum rules. They are good, there's pointers in there that you might not have know before.

• Advertisement

Best of luck to the brave souls who are doing stage 2 tomorrow.

Advertisement