Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guards recruitment September 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Just outside the 260 aswel after just failing last time. Hurrah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lmarie2016

Hi Guys, has anyone who done theirs on the 15th of November got their results yet??? If they have doesn't seem good that I haven't got an email yet ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Lmarie2016 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, has anyone who done theirs on the 15th of November got their results yet??? If they have doesn't seem good that I haven't got an email yet ;(

I haven't got mine yet and I was roughly around the same time as you.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lmarie2016

Can anyone who did theirs on the 15th confirm if they got the email?? Just to put my mind at rest over the weekend, it doesn't seem like a good thing if some people got their email and others didn't for that date??? Pleaseee x

• Registered Users Posts: 3 user1133

Hi Guys
    I'm just wondering what was your score on report writing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Can anyone who did theirs on the 15th confirm if they got the email?? Just to put my mind at rest over the weekend, it doesn't seem like a good thing if some people got their email and others didn't for that date??? Pleaseee x

Hi, if it helps I done mine on the 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dublingarda

TallGlass wrote: »
    Hi, if it helps I done mine on the 10th.

I was the day after and I didn't get anything yet. It's only those who ranked up to 1000 who got their results. We should hear by next Friday or the friday after

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭wlynch1984

Did mine on the 7th and have herd nothing yet. Fingers crossed and plenty of prayers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

wlynch1984 wrote: »
    Did mine on the 7th and have herd nothing yet. Fingers crossed and plenty of prayers!

Prayer to St Jude is always helpful..

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

I have done mine also around the same time and have heard nothing yet. No news is good news :)

• Advertisement

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Passed :-D

Great news hopefully I'll find out good news this week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cjgblm

Is it a suit and tie kind of interview ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

Yup. Dress to impress as they say

• Registered Users Posts: 44 GazDublinC

Does anybody know how strict they are with getting your original leaving certificate? I only have the provisional cert. I've ordered one online but worried if it doesn't arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ivandrago2008

GazDublinC wrote: »
    Does anybody know how strict they are with getting your original leaving certificate? I only have the provisional cert. I've ordered one online but worried if it doesn't arrive

It'll take two weeks for it to come. If it doesn't come before your interview then you can post it to them after. It just slows the process down

• Registered Users Posts: 6 danzeman29

I have ordered mine also and unless our interview is on the 8th,9th or 12th we should have it in time if we don't get it before the 8th

I had to do a second language to qualify so picked Irish I sat the leaving cert this year and passed it, examinations.ie said my colour version won't be issued till February the earliest, so they sent me a letter explaining the situation for publicjobs.

Thanks for the info! Hopefully we get sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Blahtoblah

Anybody know when interviews for OOM in the early 300's is likely to be?

• Advertisement

Blahtoblah wrote: »

Soon! You could well be starting templemore in February

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

Blahtoblah wrote: »

Very soon hopefully, I'm early 300s too, best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

I don't wanna piss on anyone's parade. But just in case people are making plans around this I wouldn't want people to start handing in their notice in work too early, Id assume if anyone was to have a chance at the February intake its those placed inside the top 260. The February intake begins on the 13th of February.

I'm assuming PAS won't call for interview those of us (myself included) beyond an oom of 260 until the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 danzeman29

I cant see how anyone from this campaign will start in Feb.Results of interviews will be out in January.There just isn't time for background checks,medical and physical to be completed along with time for any notice to be given.

The thing about interview is they know the result almost instantaneous once you left the room so the wait might not be that long. If someone from the September campaign got an OOM after interview of say 20, would they be more likely to get called for medical/fitness against someone in the 2016 campaign who has a higher OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

I'm mid 300s and I reckon we'll be interviewed late Jan early Feb.

Apparently around 80% pass the interview. The number who fail every time includes no-shows which is always surprisingly high.

So you're down to 208. If you say ten per cent fail the medical, ten per cent fail the physical and ten per cent drop out (get offered another job, a relative gets sick, that kind of thing) you're down to 146. That's not enough for accelerated recruitment so we should be called very soon.

If you look back at the threads for previous campaigns us getting called within a couple of months would be really fast. Even some of those in the top 260 could be delayed by vetting until later in the year if they've worked abroad. It's a long process. It's very fair though, because as long as you pass everything you're pretty much guaranteed a job if you can wait long enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Guys, just so you know, there are still a few 100 left over from the 2015 campaign . I'm not sure what way the OOM works but in the end it comes down to your vetting coming back all clear which in some cases can take it long time.

I read on one of those interview pages that the rest of the results would be given out "later" ... I don't k ow if it meant later today, later in the week they didn't specify. The PAS love giving out results towards the end of the day 16:00 - 18-00 or so. Fingers crossed for us who are waiting. Anyone hears anything post it here pleeeeease to put us out of our misery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shane88

Any ideas when the next intake after February would be? April/May maybe?

Shane88 wrote: »
    Any ideas when the next intake after February would be? April/May maybe?

Saw this posted elsewhere;

"I am informed by the Garda Commissioner that there will be four intakes of 200 trainee Garda in 2017 scheduled for 13 February, 2 May, 8 August and 6 November giving a total intake of 800 trainee Garda"-Francis Fitzgerald.

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2016-11-15a.35&s=garda+recruitment

"I am informed by the Garda Commissioner that there will be four intakes of 200 trainee Garda in 2017 scheduled for 13 February, 2 May, 8 August and 6 November giving a total intake of 800 trainee Garda"-Francis Fitzgerald.

That's great. Good clarification and gives us all something to go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shane88

Thanks for that. My OOM is mid 500s so realistically I'd be looking at May then if all went well

Hey guys I placed low 200s and I have never worked abroad and have only 1 close relative living abroad , as long as I have all my paperwork the day of the interview I can't imagine anything that would slow down the process for me (touch wood) what are the realistic chances of starting in the first group of 13 Feb 2017 all going well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭IrelandDylan

I think most of the February intake will be made up from people from the last campaign, wont be getting interview results until after the holidays aparantly then to get up to Dublin for a medical, down to Tipp for physical, meet the super and the sergeant all before 13th February is a bit much to ask I think. The Minister also said "It is expected that successful candidates from the new campaign will enter the Garda College from mid-2017." Which sounds to me like the May intake is for us

I think most of the February intake will be made up from people from the last campaign, wont be getting interview results until after the holidays aparantly then to get up to Dublin for a medical, down to Tipp for physical, meet the super and the sergeant all before 13th February is a bit much to ask I think. The Minister also said "It is expected that successful candidates from the new campaign will enter the Garda College from mid-2017." Which sounds to me like the May intake is for us

I was thinking the same myself , the only thing that has me thinking Feb was the fact it is an accelerated drive and all the stages have been incredibaly close together compared to previous drives

Interview times/dates are out

Interview times/dates are out

We haven't even got results yet :( ..
    What are the dates for ye roughly?

Guys is there a reason some people who did there stage2 on Nov 7th have got there results and some hav'nt? Kinda getting worried here.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

At stage 2 the sergeant doing our briefing said "a couple" of this intake might be going down in February. I'd imagine if that's true it'll just be one or two spots to fill up a class.

misslemon wrote: »
    At stage 2 the sergeant doing our briefing said "a couple" of this intake might be going down in February. I'd imagine if that's true it'll just be one or two spots to fill up a class.

Which I assume would leave the top 200 who have had there vetting completed and are highest in the OOM to proceed in May ?

For anyone who's got an interview date could you tell us what competencies are being sought?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

Can I ask, is there a good chance anyone with an oom of 300-500 be in the February intake or even the May intake of next year all going well?

Can I ask, is there a good chance anyone with an oom of 300-500 be in the February intake or even the May intake of next year all going well?

The best anyone on here can tell you is;

February: Realistically No

May: Realistic Possibility

For anyone who's got an interview date could you tell us what competencies are being sought?

I got a message just telling me the time and date and says the form B is to follow. No competencies mentioned

I got a message just telling me the time and date and says the form B is to follow. No competencies mentioned

The competencies are located in the familiarisation material link , that accompanies your results

cjgblm wrote: »
    The competencies are located in the familiarisation material link , that accompanies your results

Thanks. Haven't been able to open that link yet. I'm assuming it will work when I get my hands on a PC :)

Thanks. Haven't been able to open that link yet. I'm assuming it will work when I get my hands on a PC :)

I was able to open it using my iPhone I've have the abode reader app installed , seems to be mostly the same as last year from what I've been told

• Registered Users Posts: 31 iCiaranS

Hi guys first post on here, I did my stage 2 tests and am waiting for my results this weekend hopefully and I thought all went well but I did pretty good compared to my Stage 1 results, and I'm afraid it was too good, I answered 9 more Verbal reasoning questions and all patterns ones compared to only 15 in stage 1 and was confident they were good, will the penalise me for the difference?? The nerves are getting to me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tod1577

No competencies for stage3. They are taken information from the application form that was filled out when applying.

iCiaranS wrote: »
    Hi guys first post on here, I did my stage 2 tests and am waiting for my results this weekend hopefully and I thought all went well but I did pretty good compared to my Stage 1 results, and I'm afraid it was too good, I answered 9 more Verbal reasoning questions and all patterns ones compared to only 15 in stage 1 and was confident they were good, will the penalise me for the difference?? The nerves are getting to me haha

No that should not make a difference, if you scored a lot less or poorer than your stage1 then that would cause them concern.

• Advertisement

tod1577 wrote: »
    No competencies for stage3. They are taken information from the application form that was filled out when applying.

This is confusing, people are saying conflicting things. Could someone copy and paste or PM what it says in the familiarisation material verbatim to clear this up?

Advertisement