Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards recruitment September 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

DE1991 wrote: »
    Is that for stage 3? I was just saying jeans and tshirt for stage 2

Ya stage 3. Stage 2 you can dress casually, even though some had dressed smart today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

madcabbage wrote: »
    Was in for the exams today, the Sgt who gave a talk after said we should dress seriously as it makes an impression for the Super meeting.
    What did you make of it overall compared to stage 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭DE1991

madcabbage wrote: »
    Ya stage 3. Stage 2 you can dress casually, even though some had dressed smart today.

Cool thanks! Was it any easier or harder than expected? Happy with how it all went? Anything you wished u had revised more? 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6 danzeman29

Just to say misslemon can't reply to your message inbox is full it says 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

danzeman29 wrote: »
    Just to say misslemon can't reply to your message inbox is full it says 😊

You banging her or sumthin ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

What did you make of it overall compared to stage 1?

Exact same, you'll be fine. Just practice for the written report. The rest is stuff you've done already.
    Cool thanks! Was it any easier or harder than expected? Happy with how it all went? Anything you wished u had revised more? 😂😂

Honestly, thought it was grand. Maybe one or two questions caught me but if you've practiced enough samples, you'll be well on your way. Practice, practice, practice.

Is it just a passport photo and valid ID we need? Pretty sure that's what I was told on the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

DE1991 wrote:
    Is it just a passport photo and valid ID we need? Pretty sure that's what I was told on the phone

2 photos. Signed and candidate number on the back.
    Also printout of email

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cjgblm

And a print out of your invite to sit the exam , also must sign the back of the photos and put your candidate number on them

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    2 photos. Signed and candidate number on the back.
    Also printout of email

Okay thanks. I wonder would they allow me to get the photos after the test? Work til 7 tomorrow night then have my test 8:30am Wed :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

Okay thanks. I wonder would they allow me to get the photos after the test? Work til 7 tomorrow night then have my test 8:30am Wed :/

Jervis shopping centre is across the street from PAS, they might have a photo booth :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

For anyone that did Stage 2 today, did they mention when you would expect to get the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭clairelouise95

For anyone that did Stage 2 today, did they mention when you would expect to get the results?

They said it would be December!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

They said it would be December!
    Crikey! Thought they wanted to interview in December!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭clairelouise95

Crikey! Thought they wanted to interview in December!

Yeah that's what I thought so hopefully find out before that!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

They said interviews early as December so I reckon we will have results within 3 weeks.

How did everyone find the tests? Was it just me or was the abstract a bit different then the online test?

Overall I thought it went okay though -- apart from job simulation

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

CorkColin wrote: »

Jervis shopping centre is across the street from PAS, they might have a photo booth :)

At my session they were giving out envelopes with address labels on it to send your photos in if you didn't have them with you today.

They confirmed what we thought which is that interviews start 8th of December.

Does that mean some people will find out December 1st earliest for a December 8th interview?!

misslemon wrote:
    Does that mean some people will find out December 1st earliest for a December 8th interview?!

Possibly even a few days earlier. Probably will be the same format again where you call up to book an interview slot

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lmarie2016

Hope everyone who had stage 2 today went well.. Fly the dreaded 36 hour flight from Oz on Friday, then back to oz on Wednesday!!:( I suppose if I want it this badly it has to be done haha!!..

I havn't heard many people mention the report writing exercise, is it difficult or manageable.
    Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

Lmarie2016 wrote: »
    Hope everyone who had stage 2 today went well.. Fly the dreaded 36 hour flight from Oz on Friday, then back to oz on Wednesday!!:( I suppose if I want it this badly it has to be done haha!!..

I havn't heard many people mention the report writing exercise, is it difficult or manageable.
    Thank you.

Different groups get different videos to watch I think but my one regarding a theft was definitely manageable wouldn't worry about it and don't panic if you miss out some details .. I missed out some the first time I did it months ago and passed it.

All the way from AUS , that's determination hope all goes well, best of luck !!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 AlisonT123

They said interviews early as December so I reckon we will have results within 3 weeks.

How did everyone find the tests? Was it just me or was the abstract a bit different then the online test?

Overall I thought it went okay though -- apart from job simulation

In the tests today did they involve abstract reasoning or the same as online the discovering rules , thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Lads, quick question.....doing stage 2 on Monday next week, have not got any confirmation email or info regarding photo ID or passport photos. Just rang, and got a time and date.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Best of luck to you all.

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Lads, quick question.....doing stage 2 on Monday next week, have not got any confirmation email or info regarding photo ID or passport photos. Just rang, and got a time and date.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Best of luck to you all.

Ring PAS

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭vodkacz

Hi guys,

Going to Dublin on Thursday for stage 2. Any info on discovering rules?? Familiarization material mentioned abstract (which I reckon was an error). Also what about writing reports? Any difficulties there??

Abstract is an error from the last campaign, it's discovering rules.

Best of luck!

How have those that sat stage 2 today felt they got on?

Any/All feedback is appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Any/All feedback is appreciated!

Should you not not just go in blind like everyone else. Plenty of people posted yesterday and said everything that needs to be said. Any more info that was given yesterday will be a break in the recruitment processes social media terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 craftgirl

My son has aspergers and is quite normal and high functioning but he finds social situations difficult. He got 593 in the stage 1 we are going from cork as he has the test at 8.30 on Thursday morning so it's a disaster. He's in college doing nursing studies and has never tried this before so we don't know what to expect. Can anyone recommend a hotel or tell us exactly where it is in Dublin as we are really not sure where to go. And what to expect? Do we bring pen and notepad etc any help greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

craftgirl wrote: »
    My son has aspergers and is quite normal and high functioning but he finds social situations difficult. He got 593 in the stage 1 we are going from cork as he has the test at 8.30 on Thursday morning so it's a disaster. He's in college doing nursing studies and has never tried this before so we don't know what to expect. Can anyone recommend a hotel or tell us exactly where it is in Dublin as we are really not sure where to go. And what to expect? Do we bring pen and notepad etc any help greatly appreciated.

The address for the testing venue is the following:

Chapter House, 26/30 1, Abbey Street Upper, Dublin 1
    It's about a 20 minute walk from o'connell street
    It's almost directly across from the jervis shoping centre

Check Google Maps

A repeat of stage one verbal and discovering rules (aptitude) tests as well as a job simulation test, these are all done on a computer
    no need for a pen, there is a written exercise which is a report writing exercise but writing materials are provided.

Thoroughly go through the familiarisation material document that he received in his publicjobs account mailbox as everything is outlined there.

he'll need photographic ID
    A passport photo (signed and candidate number on the back)
    a printout of invitation email

Advertisement