Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards recruitment September 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Eddyrio5

Well thats all done now, good luck to all that are doing it.
    Those wondering what to bring, photo ID only need the one. Passport photo(sign the back and put candidate number). Confirmation email or show phone.
    There both a passport photo booth and internet/printer facilities in the Dublin 1 shopping centre or Abbey street lower.
    Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

Was told today during orientation that there are 800 going in next year with the first 200 going in January 17. The Jan intake will mainly consist of people from the 2016 campaign and not the accelerated Sep campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

Was told today during orientation that there are 800 going in next year with the first 200 going in January 17. The Jan intake will mainly consist of people from the 2016 campaign and not the accelerated Sep campaign.

And the confusion begins! We were told February. Not much a difference, mind, but still.

Everyone seems to get told different "facts" at the orientations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

Ha, oh right. She didn't give an specifics dates but just said January so could be the last week, who knows! I trust the 800 in 2017 so happy with that.

She could be right! Gives us something to speculate about while we wait anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

When can we expect results of stage 2. Last week in November/ first week of December ? And how is job sim marked is there a certain score you need to get over like verbal and abstract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Mrnew wrote:
    When can we expect results of stage 2. Last week in November/ first week of December ? And how is job sim marked is there a certain score you need to get over like verbal and abstract

Yeah that's a solid estimation for the results release.

Job sim last time was marked out of 800 requiring a passing score of 400

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭DE1991

I wonder how many people are going to attend stage 2? In comparison to the number of positions being recruited. As in i wonder will 1 in 2 people that go for it get in?

Currently en route to Dublin to give this another go tomorrow.

I'm sure about 2 things;

I'm a lot more prepared than I was last time.

And I don't ever wanna feel like I did back in March when I got the "I'm sorry to inform you" email.

Light a candle for me :-P

You're involved in a competitive competition for the role of Garda Trainee. Another applicant asks you to light a candle to increase their likelihood of passing the test. If they do well they may well take "your" spot in Templemore. Please rate the following options:

a) you light the candle for the applicant and wish them well.
    b) you tell the applicant you will light the candle for them, but don't.
    c) you light the candle, but also say a novena that his computer freezes midway through the test.
    d) inform the Public Appointments Service that the applicant may be a pyromaniac and therefore completely unsuitable to the role of Garda trainee.

;)

Only joking, best of luck! I'm sure you'll fly it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Currently en route to Dublin to give this another go tomorrow.

I'm sure about 2 things;

I'm a lot more prepared than I was last time.

And I don't ever wanna feel like I did back in March when I got the "I'm sorry to inform you" email.

Light a candle for me :-P

The very best of luck buddy. Not that you will need it this time. I have mine next week and I am literally on information overload now just want to sit it right now. Let us know how it goes. I am in the same boat my second attempt at this stage.

The very best of luck buddy. Not that you will need it this time. I have mine next week and I am literally on information overload now just want to sit it right now. Let us know how it goes. I am in the same boat my second attempt at this stage.

It's definitely easier the second time around. Honestly. You know the centre layout, you know how the report video works, you don't have to be worried about finding the building. So you go in a lot calmer, which will hopefully stand to us all.

Best of luck to you too. What tripped you up last time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Hi I failed on report report writing last time, in fairness I did make a complete mess of it and knew I failed it walking out. But how much is too much and how little is too little, I watched others who had filled the two pages but to me the important info only filled a half a page at the most. As I said I did make a mess no mistake there but I don't think filling a page is essential. Pm me if you prefer not to post here. Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Hi guys,

Anybody who has completed this stage and completed it in the 14.30 slot, roughly what time can I expect to get out at?

How long from 13.00 does the whole stage take?

My session took three and a half hours from start to finish, but I was in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Mine finished at 4:45pm as just made my bus for 5pm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

hi guys just a quick question, have time in the morning to get passport pics before the test but was just wondering if they ask for 1 or 2, have one and was wondering if id get away with just the one

• Registered Users Posts: 44 GazDublinC

Depp wrote: »
    hi guys just a quick question, have time in the morning to get passport pics before the test but was just wondering if they ask for 1 or 2, have one and was wondering if id get away with just the one

I only gave one. That's all they asked for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

No need to get them. 1 is all U need. Write candidate id on the back and sign it. And you need your invite printed off.

cheers lads! have everything ready to go so, that'll make the morning a lot easier!

• Advertisement

Gave it a good go! Job sim a bit tricky and the video was a bit trickier than last year for nailing some details.

Should be grand.

Now we play the waiting game

Wonder if you exceed your verbal reasoning or abstract scores at the assessment centre can it count as unqualified?

Highly doubt it but just want to confirm. Played a blinder on the verbal reasoning today in comparison to the online test (answered all 42 questions today opposed to 32 online at stage 1)

Wonder if you exceed your verbal reasoning or abstract scores at the assessment centre can it count as unqualified?

Highly doubt it but just want to confirm. Played a blinder on the verbal reasoning today in comparison to the online test (answered all 42 questions today opposed to 32 online at stage 1)

I wondered that too. I got 39 in stage one but got them all completed with two minutes to go in stage two.

I doubt they'd penalise you for doing better.

misslemon wrote:
    I wondered that too. I got 39 in stage one but got them all completed with two minutes to go in stage two.

misslemon wrote:
    I doubt they'd penalise you for doing better.

Hopefully not. Might fire off an email to PAS to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 danzeman29

I got 36 done online and all 42 in stage two with few seconds to spare..chatting to few people after they got them all done in stage 2 whereas they didn't in stage 1..whatever the reason is behind it

danzeman29 wrote:
    I got 36 done online and all 42 in stage two with few seconds to spare..chatting to few people after they got them all done in stage 2 whereas they didn't in stage 1..whatever the reason is behind it

Adrenaline on the day, recalling things from stage 1 etc. Probably the main reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 6 danzeman29

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Adrenaline on the day, recalling things from stage 1 etc. Probably the main reasons

Yeah that's it and I didn't use a mouse for stage 1 found it quicker using mouse for stage 2.

happy enough with that, had the exact same comprehension from stage 1 and the same report writing scenario as last time round...best of luck to everyone else!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

danzeman29 wrote: »
    Yeah that's it and I didn't use a mouse for stage 1 found it quicker using mouse for stage 2.

I assume you used a track-pad last time rather than using your keyboard like some sort of coding warrior!
    happy enough with that, had the exact same comprehension from stage 1 and the same report writing scenario as last time round...best of luck to everyone else!

Same here! No advantage to be honest :( Still as blurry as last time!

Advertisement