Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards recruitment September 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 timmym628

Do you need to bring your own computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redzer

Anyone know if there are secure storage or lockers for valuables phones etc in Chapters House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

timmym628 wrote:

No. Computers are provided.

redzer wrote:
    Anyone know if there are secure storage or lockers for valuables phones etc in Chapters House?

Yes. Valuables are stored in a locked room for the duration of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dan 191

timmym628 wrote: »

Nope ..all stuff is there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redzer

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Yes. Valuables are stored in a locked room for the duration of the test

Grand, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Emer29

Does anyone have any idea when we can expect the results from stage 2 if the interviews are starting 8th Dec???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Emer29 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea when we can expect the results from stage 2 if the interviews are starting 8th Dec???

Probably end of this month or start of Dec. They have warned people to be prepared to be called up on short notice

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Topps

My stage 2 email confirmation says Time 14:30 and Orientation 13:15. I take it I should be there at 13:00?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

madcabbage wrote: »
    Probably end of this month or start of Dec. They have warned people to be prepared to be called up on short notice

We were told that the interviews aren't till the new year and the results for stage two won't be till mid December

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

madcabbage wrote: »

We were told that the interviews aren't till the new year and the results for stage two won't be till mid December

Depending where you were placed from stage one and when you sat stage two. People who sat stage two the first week should hear back last week in November first week in December as we were told interview's start 8th of December

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Emer29

From what I've heard there seems to have been different information regarding dates etc mentioned at the orientation sessions. On garda.ie and the familisation booklet it says the interviews will be commencing from 8th Dec. I'm going by that date!

Mrnew wrote: »
    Depending where you were placed from stage one and when you sat stage two. People who sat stage two the first week should hear back last week in November first week in December as we were told interview's start 8th of December

Apologies lad, you're dead right.
    I'm only after doing my stage 2 there last Tuesday or so. I thought we would all find out around the same time

It's gone awful quiet here. Slight chance those of us from the first week of testing will get some news before the weekend but I'm not holding my breath.

It's gone awful quiet here. Slight chance those of us from the first week of testing will get some news before the weekend but I'm not holding my breath.

I did my stage two last Tuesday ... I'll hardly hear back for a while will I?

I did my stage two last Tuesday ... I'll hardly hear back for a while will I?

My understanding is that the the group from the first week of testing is being processed first. We were told we would get our results before the end of November.

I think your group was told that you'll get your results in december

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lmarie2016

PAS seem to love Thursdays , so hopefully those from the first week hear tomorrow

Lmarie2016 wrote: »

PAS seem to love Thursdays , so hopefully those from the first week hear tomorrow

Hopefully, all we can do is wait and see. Unless someone wants to give them a quick call? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I was told last week in november when I asked anyway so I was just assuming it would be next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Libraligs

Does any1 know how it goes after if lets say you pass- do they tell you your place in your band or overall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 GazDublinC

I really hope results are out soon. Need to be put out of my misery the wait is killing me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 31 floggmolly

Wait is killing me too! Not holding my breath on passing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 GazDublinC

floggmolly wrote: »
    Wait is killing me too! Not holding my breath on passing though!

Same...nerves are fairly setting in

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lmarie2016

Good Luck to everyone hoping to get results this week or next, I'll have the candle lit :L:L..
    I won't hear until mid-December so I just gave up with the worrying or I would have went nuts :L

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

I sat my stage two last week and I was told we will find out in the start of December so I am hoping I'll will hear something next Thursday - Friday :).

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭DE1991

Does anyone know if you will be given a set date and time should you progress to the interview stage, or like stage 2 will we have to ring and book in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

DE1991 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you will be given a set date and time should you progress to the interview stage, or like stage 2 will we have to ring and book in?

From what I was told it will be a exact date and an exact time given to each person.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 floggmolly

No results today...

Let's see what today brings

• Advertisement

I think everyone will get their results at the same time. How is everyone supposed to get an OOM number if they give out some results first ....
    (If that makes sense)
    They can't put you above or below a guy that try haven't graded yet so on that basis they can only hand out all the results at the same time. Anyone understand what I mean? ..

Advertisement