Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards recruitment September 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

misslemon wrote: »
    Won't a lot of next year's intake be from the January campaign?

The first intake from this most recent campaign is expected to commence in mid 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    The first intake from this most recent campaign is expected to commence in mid 2017.

Why do they need "accelerated recruitment" if January's campaign isn't starting until then?

misslemon wrote: »
    Why do they need "accelerated recruitment" if January's campaign isn't starting until then?

Sorry I think you've misunderstood me. My fault I phrased it badly.

Last January's campaign will have an intake in November and another one in the new year.

The first Intake from the current campaign which closed in September is expected to enter Templemore mid 2017.

Sorry I read it wrong, head's all over the place today.

Will they really only get 6-9 months out of the 16,700 that applied in January? That's mad. Good for those of us in the current campaign though.

Check your public jobs inbox.
    Assessment questionnaire window for completion is between Friday 7th and 12 noon on Tuesday 11th October 2016.

• Advertisement

And we're off!

The sign off on the email is the "Justice Recruitment Unit". Sounds a little bit like the Justice League :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jimmibar

There is no abstract reasoning ..! One thing I was confident on ..! Any opinions on logical reasoning ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jimmibar

There is no abstract reasoning ..! One thing I was confident on ..! Any opinions on logical reasoning ?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lmarie2016

Has anyone completed the assessment? what was it like? - going to do it tomorrow.

Lmarie2016 wrote: »
    Has anyone completed the assessment? what was it like? - going to do it tomorrow.

Won't be doing it until Saturday afternoon.
    Have you ever participated in a Garda Recruitment Campaign before?

• Advertisement

Jimmibar wrote: »

It sounds similar enough to abstract reasoning (discovering the pattern or rule) so I wouldn't worry about it - it's testing the same thing.

I did it back in 2013 or 2014 and wasn't that great at it and I can't really remember what was on it. Was trying to work it out so I could get a bit of study in.

I did it back in 2013 or 2014 and wasn't that great at it and I can't really remember what was on it. Was trying to work it out so I could get a bit of study in.

I found the job sim questions I was presented with particularly difficult this time in comparison to last year, with several no win scenarios and answers. Think I did relatively well all things considered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Hi guys. Just looking for some advice. I found the questionnaire scenarios quite tricky and dont think I did too good. I've seen other threads where people said they lost out on progression because they were a few points short in Job simulation. Would that be at stage 1 or is there other job simulation later on? Point is I've taken courses for the aptitude tests and feel comfortable enough but I'm wondering even if I do ok in them could I be ruled out because of Job simulation at stage 1? Any info would be great?

Hi guys. Just looking for some advice. I found the questionnaire scenarios quite tricky and dont think I did too good. I've seen other threads where people said they lost out on progression because they were a few points short in Job simulation. Would that be at stage 1 or is there other job simulation later on? Point is I've taken courses for the aptitude tests and feel comfortable enough but I'm wondering even if I do ok in them could I be ruled out because of Job simulation at stage 1? Any info would be great?

Welcome!
    No job sim isn't pass fail at stage one however the score you receive is added to the aptitude test scores to see if you reach the limit of the amount of people being brought forward to stage 2.

Job sim can be failed at stage 2, it requires a minimum passing score of 50% (400 out of 800 marks).

Don't stress it, you've plenty of opportunities to make up your stage 1 score elsewhere and you probably did better than you think tbh.
    Job sim is an awful balls! and it was a lot tougher than last time a lot of us thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Welcome!
    No job sim isn't pass fail at stage one however the score you receive is added to the aptitude test scores to see if you reach the limit of the amount of people being brought forward to stage 2.

Job sim can be failed at stage 2, it requires a minimum passing score of 50% (400 out of 800 marks).

Don't stress it, you've plenty of opportunities to make up your stage 1 score elsewhere and you probably did better than you think tbh.
    Job sim is an awful balls! and it was a lot tougher than last time a lot of us thought

Hi... Fair play and thanks for coming back so quick... That's great news... So if I push hard on the aptitude I have a chance... I thought I read people saying that Job sim knocked them out.. Is there job sim at stage two? And just one more thing.. If I get through at stage one and get a number, Is it a clean slate for stage two again as in are the numbers reset or does it all add up. Hope Im making some sense and thanks again

Hi... Fair play and thanks for coming back so quick... That's great news... So if I push hard on the aptitude I have a chance... I thought I read people saying that Job sim knocked them out.. Is there job sim at stage two? And just one more thing.. If I get through at stage one and get a number, Is it a clean slate for stage two again as in are the numbers reset or does it all add up. Hope Im making some sense and thanks again

Yeah job sim is repeated at stage 2, that's what I failed last year!

Those that complete with the highest scores will be advanced the quickest. After stage 2 you'll be scheduled for an interview, after which you'll receive a fresh OOM (overall order of merrit) Number is my understanding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭AudiKidd

Poll: Would you consider becoming a guard?
    http://jrnl.ie/3022419

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭square ball

Guys do any of ye know the timeline for the various stages in this campaign. I thought I saw it somewhere but cant remember where to find it?

Guys do any of ye know the timeline for the various stages in this campaign. I thought I saw it somewhere but cant remember where to find it?

Stage 2 begins on the 7th of November. Interviews begin after December 8th. First intake will be mid 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭square ball

Stage 2 begins on the 7th of November. Interviews begin after December 8th. First intake will be mid 2017

Thanks.

We can probably expect to receive the familiarisation and test link in our publicjobs account at some stage this afternoon.

Stage 1b - aptitude test link is now active

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Think im going to do mine Sunday evening try get a bit of study in before then lads is it just verbal reasoning and shapes for aptitude test don't have access to a computer to download the example material won't work on my iPad

Think im going to do mine Sunday evening try get a bit of study in before then lads is it just verbal reasoning and shapes for aptitude test don't have access to a computer to download the example material won't work on my iPad
    Hi I am going to do mine today, so yeah its verbal reasoning and shapes, I would definitely advise to complete the practise tests before you do the actual test as its harder than you think. Things I thought I was getting right was incorrect. Good Luck everyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dublingarda

Well how have people found the test??

• Advertisement

Well how have people found the test??

Verbal reasoning was very difficult I thought. Inductive reasoning was straightforward though. Not feeling confident I met the passing score for the verbal tbh

Advertisement