Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards recruitment September 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tod1577

I rang public jobs and they said that there in no competencies form to be filled out. The form which was filled out on applying for the campaign is what they are using.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Did public jobs when the rest of the results will be out? .. It's very odd the rest of us haven't got our results. If anyone fancies ringing it'd be awesome ^^) I can't ring I'm working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Emer29

The competencies are being examined, I presume in the form of questions they will ask you during the interview. The five competencies are clearly listed in the familiarisation material.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭wlynch1984

People who did there stage 2 on the 14th will know by end of week/start of next week.

wlynch1984 wrote: »
    People who did there stage 2 on the 14th will know by end of week/start of next week.

I wonder why they left us wait another week :( .. It can't be that everyone did worse that week than the week before. Seems odd

• Advertisement

I wonder why they left us wait another week :( .. It can't be that everyone did worse that week than the week before. Seems odd

No the people that sat there's on the 7th get there's first.

No the people that sat there's on the 7th get there's first.

Oh so is it possible that sone of us yet to get results could be a lower OOM than the people who got their results already? If that makes sense? ..

• Registered Users Posts: 44 GazDublinC

iCiaranS wrote: »
    Hi guys first post on here, I did my stage 2 tests and am waiting for my results this weekend hopefully and I thought all went well but I did pretty good compared to my Stage 1 results, and I'm afraid it was too good, I answered 9 more Verbal reasoning questions and all patterns ones compared to only 15 in stage 1 and was confident they were good, will the penalise me for the difference?? The nerves are getting to me haha

I did far better in stage 2 than stage 1 too. Got my result and all was fine. My oom went from high 900's into the top 200 and have interview next week

Oh so is it possible that sone of us yet to get results could be a lower OOM than the people who got their results already? If that makes sense? ..

Not 100% sure, publicjobs would probably tell you if you rang them.

Not 100% sure, publicjobs would probably tell you if you rang them.

Ah, surely it can't be a case that everyone from Nov 14th onwards did worse than everyone the week before.
    We will see anyway.

• Advertisement

Ah, surely it can't be a case that everyone from Nov 14th onwards did worse than everyone the week before.
    We will see anyway.

No I'd seriously doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭AiB123

It'll take two weeks for it to come. If it doesn't come before your interview then you can post it to them after. It just slows the process down

One way appears to be free and the other appears to charge €14.50. Which one did you order?
    Just worried I'll get the wrong cert!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cjgblm

AiB123 wrote: »
    One way appears to be free and the other appears to charge €14.50. Which one did you order?

I am aware that every school may take a different approach but my school had possession of my original leave cert results they only ever sent out a copy to me , now I sat it just over 4 years ago so anyone that has sat it longer I doubt the school would hold on to it , may be worth a phone though if you do not remember getting the orginal copy , the original copy will have w hologram down the bottom right corner that when tilted says "valid"

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭DE1991

If lucky enough to progress through the interview stage and the rest of the stages after that, does anyone know if you're offered to start in templemore in feb or may and it didnt suit, is it possible to defer to the next intake? Just out of curiosity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

DE1991 wrote: »
    If lucky enough to progress through the interview stage and the rest of the stages after that, does anyone know if you're offered to start in templemore in feb or may and it didnt suit, is it possible to defer to the next intake? Just out of curiosity

I do believe I've heard that it's possible to defer one intake and it's assessed on a case by case basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭DE1991

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    I do believe I've heard that it's possible to defer one intake and it's assessed on a case by case basis.

Cool thanks. How have you faired or have u got your results?

DE1991 wrote: »
    Cool thanks. How have you faired or have u got your results?

Passed the assessment centre, outside of the first 260 so wont be hearing much more until the new year I expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

Passed the assessment centre, outside of the first 260 so wont be hearing much more until the new year I expect.

Well I heard todday from a few people that if you are in around the 300s you will be proceeding to the interview before Christmas, it won't take them long to get through the first 260, so I'm taking it that we'll have our interview before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭clairelouise95

Well I heard todday from a few people that if you are in around the 300s you will be proceeding to the interview before Christmas, it won't take them long to get through the first 260, so I'm taking it that we'll have our interview before Christmas

God I hope so! I'm around the 370 mark so hopefully :(

I highly doubt it (but then again I'm speculating), when you break it down the interviews aren't even commencing until the 8th of December. Between the 8th of December and the New Year there are only about 10/11 working days so it wouldn't really be imaginable that they'd be able to process that many in the month of December.

Never worry though, it won't be long coming around and we've got the luxury of plenty of time to prepare. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

I highly doubt it (but then again I'm speculating), when you break it down the interviews aren't even commencing until the 8th of December. Between the 8th of December and the New Year there are only about 10/11 working days so it wouldn't really be imaginable that they'd be able to process that many in the month of December.

Never worry though, it won't be long coming around and we've got the luxury of plenty of time to prepare. :)

That's true as well I suppose, and as you say we're only speculating. Yeah exactly it'll be fine whatever happens 😊

Between 2006 and 2011 they didn't issue coloured certs to schools. So if you sat your leaving within that time frame they send the cert out for free. Otherwise it's 14.50 as far as I'm aware. I ordered the free one as I did it in 2009. Although it says it can take up to 6 weeks. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

http://www.gra.cc/TraineeGardai.html

Here's a link regarding pay increments folks. If you hold a degree or diploma your entitled to extra pay increments after year two.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

http://www.gra.cc/TraineeGardai.html

Here's a link regarding pay increments folks. If you hold a degree or diploma your entitled to extra pay increments after year two.

Sorry if I am off topic but still nevertheless very much relevant as money pays the bills:)

GazDublinC wrote: »
    Between 2006 and 2011 they didn't issue coloured certs to schools. So if you sat your leaving within that time frame they send the cert out for free. Otherwise it's 14.50 as far as I'm aware. I ordered the free one as I did it in 2009. Although it says it can take up to 6 weeks. :/

I saw the part about 6 weeks alright! But jesus, when you only get 2 and a half weeks notice for interviews it's hard to do anything about it.
    I wonder if you pay for the €14.50 version would you have it that bit sooner?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Megan7290

I saw the part about 6 weeks alright! But jesus, when you only get 2 and a half weeks notice for interviews it's hard to do anything about it.

Happened to me and I rang up and asked is it possible to get a rush on it as I need it for an interview with the guards and they said no problem... had it the next day and it has to be the full coloured version of your results with the holographic symbol

Yeah I guess the only way to find out is to ring up and ask. If I get a chance in work tomorrow I will ring them and will post response

Megan7290 wrote: »
    Happened to me and I rang up and asked is it possible to get a rush on it as I need it for an interview with the guards and they said no problem... had it the next day

Thanks!! Will do the same

Megan7290 wrote: »
    Happened to me and I rang up and asked is it possible to get a rush on it as I need it for an interview with the guards and they said no problem... had it the next day and it has to be the full coloured version of your results with the holographic symbol

Good to know, thanks!!

• Advertisement

Good to know, thanks!!

FYI

I rang up and they are processing it for me today.

Had to pay the €14.50 for it. I think it's worth just paying

Advertisement