Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards recruitment September 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭DE1991

Sorry if I am off topic but still nevertheless very much relevant as money pays the bills:)

Is this part of the new agreement from the planned strike? As in for year one and 2 is there not going to be any rise?
    Hopefully i get thru these interviews now i have a 4 year degree so three extra increments ðŸ™

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Hi all.. Just wondering if anyone knows what the pass rate for the interview is and do they tell you on the day if you're successful. Also I have bad eyesight so if I do get through interview can I defer my medical for a while in order to give me time to get my laser sorted? Thanks in advance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Hi all.. Just wondering if anyone knows what the pass rate for the interview is and do they tell you on the day if you're successful. Also I have bad eyesight so if I do get through interview can I defer my medical for a while in order to give me time to get my laser sorted? Thanks in advance...

You do the medical and then they give you 6 months to submit a six week post-surgery report.

Elliot192 wrote: »
    You do the medical and then they give you 6 months to submit a six week post-surgery report.
    Grand, thanks for that. I might have it done in time but who knows and its a 3K spend I could do without!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Libraligs

So band 1 got their results last thursday.. i guess band 2 will be getting them tomorrow. Just wonder did every1 who placed under 1000 in stage 1 got their results or are there still ppl waiting? I'm so nervous :( sleepless night for me for sure...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

DE1991 wrote: »
    Is this part of the new agreement from the planned strike? As in for year one and 2 is there not going to be any rise?
    Hopefully i get thru these interviews now i have a 4 year degree so three extra increments ðŸ™

A friend of mine sent it onto me who is a new recruit. This was before the new agreement so you can assume this pay scale will be even better once amended.

Yes I am in the same boat have an honours degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

i'm still awaiting an interview date but already have managed to write out all of my competencies over the last 2 days.

No harm being prepared I suppose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lmarie2016

I called there a minute ago to check when those in the 1300's will hear how stage two went... she advised they are still waiting to hear back from the test company and said in the next two weeks or so...

I still expect an answer this week or next because I think the PAS set the expectations further so there's no people giving out.

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    i'm still awaiting an interview date but already have managed to write out all of my competencies over the last 2 days.

No harm being prepared I suppose :D

Chalk it down.:) By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

Lmarie2016 wrote: »
    I called there a minute ago to check when those in the 1300's will hear how stage two went... she advised they are still waiting to hear back from the test company and said in the next two weeks or so...

I still expect an answer this week or next because I think the PAS set the expectations further so there's no people giving out.

Yes absolutely totally agree. I'm hoping to hear today, tomorrow or Tuesday of next week latest :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lmarie2016

Lmarie2016 wrote: »

Yes absolutely totally agree. I'm hoping to hear today, tomorrow or Tuesday of next week latest :)

We will hope so anyway.. I think I failed anyway so not getting too much excited😂😂but just want the results over and done with 😄

Chalk it down.:) By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

The month of December is going to fly in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Does anybody know what the story with increments is?

Are they frozen till 2018 due to the Financial Emergency Measures Act (FEMPI)?

Does that mean that new recruits are on the 23,750 for two years ?

Any replies greatly appreciated

GazDublinC wrote: »
    FYI

I rang up and they are processing it for me today.

Had to pay the €14.50 for it. I think it's worth just paying

Was it Athlone you rang? I rang and explained and they still send me online!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 GazDublinC

Was it Athlone you rang? I rang and explained and they still send me online!!

Yeah you need to order it online. Order the statement of results for €14.50

https://www.examinations.ie/?l=en&mc=ca&sc=exr

Once the order is done and paid ring up give your transaction reference (they email this to you straight after you pay) and they should do it for you and send it in the post that day.

The number I called was 090 644 2810

Oh please PAS put us out of our misery and give us the results tomorrow. Amen:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Chrisbellew

Rang PAS there this morning, I did my test on the 15th and enquiried when the results would come back and they said they haven't got the results for the second week yet and that it should be sometime in the middle of December and interviews for the second week won't commence until the middle/end of January....seems to be a bit more of a wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭wlynch1984

Rang PAS there this morning, I did my test on the 15th and enquiried when the results would come back and they said they haven't got the results for the second week yet and that it should be sometime in the middle of December and interviews for the second week won't commence until the middle/end of January....seems to be a bit more of a wait...

I did mine 14th they said the results would be out today or early next week.

Does anyone know if you find out the names of your interviewers before you meet them? And who they are? Is three guards or three PAS employees or how does it work? Please :D

Does anyone know if you find out the names of your interviewers before you meet them? And who they are? Is three guards or three PAS employees or how does it work? Please :D

2 members of PAS and a senior member of AGS as far as I'm aware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shane88

I done an interview for the prison service a few weeks ago,similar process and just before I went in a lady from pas told me the panels names and when I went into the interview I I got introduced to them properly.

Shane88 wrote: »
    I done an interview for the prison service a few weeks ago,similar process and just before I went in a lady from pas told me the panels names and when I went into the interview I I got introduced to them properly.

Great thanks for that! I think it looks bad if you don't know their names before you go in

For the Form B what are people putting under the address column for Uncles/Aunts and Grandparents who are deceased?

I assume the address at which they last resided?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shane88

Great thanks for that! I think it looks bad if you don't know their names before you go in

Yeah definitely! Always good to know and address them by their name. I was told its 2 people from pas and a member of AGS interviewing and then another member of pas sits off to one side taking notes but. Look the interview is as simple/difficult as you make it. Main thing is to relax and be yourself. As long as you know the interview form ya filled out in the beginning and stick to the info on that and have solid examples of the competencies they are looking for it won't be a drama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Public jobs website is down for maintenance, might not be getting results this week.

Cedric87 wrote: »
    Public jobs website is down for maintenance, might not be getting results this week.

Oh great! Just our luck. Maybe it's the high volume of high marks crashed the server lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Or maybe it's down as the results are being uploaded? ... Hmm
    Let's see the glass half full haha

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Topps

Or maybe it's down as the results are being uploaded? ... Hmm
    Let's see the glass half full haha

Guys chill. I cant imagine what ye are like the night before christmas haha

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5 GenericUser1

Hi Lads,
    I have a bit of a difficult one here and I'd like to hear your perspective.

I have a JLO youth caution from when I was an early teen.

I'm very concerned that if I pass all the other stages my vetting would be rejected because of it, I have been a "model citizen" since then, but I still feel that the caution is a huge obstacle. Does anyone know of anyone in a similar situation having passing vetting? What do you think my chances are or is it futile even trying?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭wlynch1984

Hi Lads,
    I have a bit of a difficult one here and I'd like to hear your perspective.

I have a JLO youth caution from when I was an early teen.

I'm very concerned that if I pass all the other stages my vetting would be rejected because of it, I have been a "model citizen" since then, but I still feel that the caution is a huge obstacle. Does anyone know of anyone in a similar situation having passing vetting? What do you think my chances are or is it futile even trying?

Thanks!

"Who dares wins!"
    I'd recommend ringing your local Garda/seargent and discussing it with them. At the end of the day it's there opinion that matters as its there report what the superintendent goes by!

Advertisement