Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards recruitment September 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Hi Lads,
    I have a bit of a difficult one here and I'd like to hear your perspective.

I have a JLO youth caution from when I was an early teen.

I'm very concerned that if I pass all the other stages my vetting would be rejected because of it, I have been a "model citizen" since then, but I still feel that the caution is a huge obstacle. Does anyone know of anyone in a similar situation having passing vetting? What do you think my chances are or is it futile even trying?

Thanks!
    I'm fairly confident in saying this, as long as you DONT have any convictions in the court of law then you are fine.
    If they start holding lads back for Mickey Mouse things they'd never recruit anyone, if they penalised you they'd have to penalise the lad who was caught speeding when he was 17 who's now 33. You'll be grand, There isn't a doubt in my mind saying that.
    As long as you haven't been in front of a judge for assault or murder or any of that craic you are grand. (There are a lot more offences which would exclude you) but yours isn't one of them. I wouldn't even let it play on your mind because it's irrelevant. I am 99.98% sure of it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5 GenericUser1

Many thanks lads, much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Many thanks lads, much appreciated.

Home from a course today. It came up and it's a non issue they said. Declare everything because pulse is checked for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kinsellacoon93

Well lads Im number 478 on the order of merit to be called for an interview. I'm just wondering if any of you could guess around when I could be called for an interview... I'm in college at the moment, it would life easier for myself if I could organise myself around the interview! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭DE1991

Is form B to be filled out by typing or by hand??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

DE1991 wrote: »
    Is form B to be filled out by typing or by hand??
    Typed and printed off and not to be signed until you meet them.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭wlynch1984

Anyone who did there stage 2 on the 14th hear anything?

wlynch1984 wrote: »
    Anyone who did there stage 2 on the 14th hear anything?

I heard nothing yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

My friend did stage two on the week of the 14th. He said he rang up PAS and they said he won't receive his results until January, whether it be true or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭wlynch1984

My friend did stage two on the week of the 14th. He said he rang up PAS and they said he won't receive his results until January, whether it be true or not...

Hardly, they said mid December on the day and told me on the phone sometime this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Chrisbellew

They told me middle of December on the phone as well, hopefully it's this week

They told me middle of December on the phone as well, hopefully it's this week

Hope to god it's this week boy. Head us wrecked here thinking about it

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Squip90

Guys,

Looking for a quick bit of advice. I have the interview early next week. I have a black suit (which is slightly more comfortable) and a charcoal suit. My plan is to wear a white shirt. My problem is the tie. I have a nice black tie but the feedback from those around me is that I look like I am going to a funeral. As this is what I was planning to wear I am now slightly stressed. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

I heard nothing yet anyway.

I heard nothing yet either and I done mine that week also. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Squip90 wrote: »
    Guys,

Looking for a quick bit of advice. I have the interview early next week. I have a black suit (which is slightly more comfortable) and a charcoal suit. My plan is to wear a white shirt. My problem is the tie. I have a nice black tie but the feedback from those around me is that I look like I am going to a funeral. As this is what I was planning to wear I am now slightly stressed. Any advice?

Don't wear the black tie as the feedback you received was honest. Brighten up the suit....light blue colored tie with white shirt??????

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

wlynch1984 wrote: »
    Hardly, they said mid December on the day and told me on the phone sometime this week.

Well as I said I'm not sure, but that's just what he told me, hope yous get them soon 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Chrisbellew

Put it this way lads can enjoy all those Christmas sweets without having the thoughts of the PCT in January haha

Do people think brown shoes would be a bad idea? Dark grey suit im wearing so would black be more professional?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Best of Luck to anyone doing interviews tomorrow.
    We'll all be eager to hear how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 GazDublinC

Do people think brown shoes would be a bad idea? Dark grey suit im wearing so would black be more professional?

I would say black. I'll be wearing black myself

• Advertisement

Could someone offer advice on form B please.

I spent 3 months on a J1 visa in America and also 3 months in Brazil.

Should I include these in my previous addresses? Even though they were short and more of a travel holiday.

Also are people including aunt and uncle in laws details?

GazDublinC wrote: »
    Could someone offer advice on form B please.

I spent 3 months on a J1 visa in America and also 3 months in Brazil.

Should I include these in my previous addresses? Even though they were short and more of a travel holiday.

Also are people including aunt and uncle in laws details?

I was told not to include aunt and uncles in law only your aunts and uncles who are your parents siblings.

Yes you'll have to include these addresses as omitting them may result in you being expelled from the competition. Granted this'll probably cause a delay in your vetting but it's better than the alternative which is being removed from the competition.

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    I was told not to include aunt and uncles in law only your aunts and uncles who are your parents siblings.

Yes you'll have to include these addresses as omitting them may result in you being expelled from the competition. Granted this'll probably cause a delay in your vetting but it's better than the alternative which is being removed from the competition.

Thanks for that! Will stick them in so

GazDublinC wrote: »
    I would say black. I'll be wearing black myself

I concur. Keep it simple and nondescript.

Does it look bad to select 'permission refused' to contact current employer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Does it look bad to select 'permission refused' to contact current employer?

Up to you. It's the sergeant who contacts your current employer so it could be that you have the medical and possibly even fitness done by then? You will at least know that you've passed the interview by the time anyone even thinks to contact your employer. Plus they're going to want to talk to them at some stage. If that's any help.

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Up to you. It's the sergeant who contacts your current employer so it could be that you have the medical and possibly even fitness done by then? You will at least know that you've passed the interview by the time anyone even thinks to contact your employer. Plus they're going to want to talk to them at some stage. If that's any help.

I might just say permission granted so.
    What about leaving cert results? Ordered nearly two weeks ago still dont have them. Rang today and they were sent in post Tues, hoping i have them in the morning i have interview at lunch time tomoro. Do you or anyone else think this would be a major issue if they dont arrive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

I might just say permission granted so.
    What about leaving cert results? Ordered nearly two weeks ago still dont have them. Rang today and they were sent in post Tues, hoping i have them in the morning i have interview at lunch time tomoro. Do you or anyone else think this would be a major issue if they dont arrive?

No, they give you seven days to submit any missing information. Best of luck tomorrow. The panel are very nice. No trick questions. Be confident, demonstrate your competencies, and you'll be grand.

I was also told a grilling is a good sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

Anyone else up for interviews tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Anyone else up for interviews tomorrow?

Yep! Nerves setting in now!

Advertisement