Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guards recruitment September 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wexfordgal0987

So we will be getting out interview dates this week then? Cheers for calling them that puts me at ease.
    I'm OOM 590's when do u reckon my interview will be based on your info?

Yeah we are gettin them Friday, that's what yer man said anyway! I haven't a clue, maybe the start the week of the 13th, maybe the middle?? I say it will be that week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭wlynch1984

Guys anyone know when publicjobs are starting and how long they are interviewing for the month of February???

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

I dunno about the rest of yous, but this waiting on interview results is absolutely killing me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 46 AlisonT123

I dunno about the rest of yous, but this waiting on interview results is absolutely killing me lol

I can't understand the delay in hearing , they must know if you passed or not on the day. The wait is a killer, hopefully hear this Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lmarie2016

Can someone please tell me the best app for the bleep test, trying to get someway fit ha

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Anyone have advice for someone who potentially will have the interview in a few weeks.

What competencies ?
    What to study ?
    What to say what not to say etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anybody else get results for Jan interviews? Unfortunately I was unsuccessful. :(

But I shall go again!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭clairelouise95

madcabbage wrote: »
    Anybody else get results for Jan interviews? Unfortunately I was unsuccessful. :(

But I shall go again!

When did you do interview? I haven't got any results yet. Sorry to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

When did you do interview? I haven't got any results yet. Sorry to hear.

Literally last wednesday. Could be just a case of those who didnt meet the mark are being informed. Ah sure, its dissappointing but I'll know what to do to better myself for the next opportunity.

madcabbage wrote: »
    Literally last wednesday. Could be just a case of those who didnt meet the mark are being informed. Ah sure, its dissappointing but I'll know what to do to better myself for the next opportunity.

I done mine on the 16th. Hope I hear soon. Yeah you'll have more experience going into it next time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Blahtoblah

Had my interview last Wednesday and have passed 😄 My heart was pounding trying to log into public jobs after getting the text to say check messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shane88

Results are out from last week! Got the pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tearing123

Blahtoblah wrote: »
    Had my interview last Wednesday and have passed 😄 My heart was pounding trying to log into public jobs after getting the text to say check messages.
    was the same myself Blahtoblah, forgot my password in the height of it haha

Passed the interview! Can't believe it!

tearing123 wrote: »
    was the same myself Blahtoblah, forgot my password in the height of it haha

I didn't even try and read the email. Just scanning it for ''pleased to inform you'' or the dreaded ''regret to inform you''

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Eddyrio5

passed!! Cant stop shaking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Long time coming. Passed :-)

Congrats to all who passed. I'm genuinely sorry for those who didn't, keep trying your time will come

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Eddyrio5

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Long time coming. Passed :-)

Congrats to all who passed. I'm genuinely sorry for those who didn't, keep trying your time will come

Congrats.

And I echo this to. I know how much this means to each and everyone of us. Dont give up and come again to those who did not pass this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leixlipgirl

Shane88 wrote: »
    Results are out from last week! Got the pass!
    Well done my son passed too what kind of oom have people now

• Advertisement

Commiserations to anybody who gets bad news. Use the experience and go again.

For those that passed what sort of OOM are you getting if you don't mind sharing. Iv moved to just inside the top 200.

Well done my son passed too what kind of oom have people now

Around the 150 mark now

• Registered Users Posts: 22 OLOB

Also passed my interview! OOM 200+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Congrats guys. Passed too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nodnewel

Finally signed up to boards to add that I also just got the news that I passed my interview. OOM ~350

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kilrodane boy

Oom 390 any ideas time wait people!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Cohaw

Passed too. Just short of 300. . Time to get my runners out !.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Cam anyone tell me the competencies you need to be familiar with for the interview? . .
    And with them roughly how many examples were you asked of each?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 freename1807

Was unsuccessful in my interview.

Bit around the process for those waiting to do interviews.

It's not like a usual interview, in the sense that everything is already outlined for you before you go in. You know what to expect, your competencies will be asked almost in sequential order.

Before i even went into the room a lady came out, sat me down, told me not to be nervous. Outlined the competencies to me again, who was on the panel, what their names were, where they were from career wise. She then told me i could shake their hands if i wanted... and do shake them when i leave... she was helpful but almost one step away from holding my hand through the door.

Interview

There was a panel of 3, one superintendent named Fiona Fogarty (i think) a civil servant and another who person i cant remember. They were all very nice, welcoming and put me at ease. Each of them outlined the competency they would question me on. They explained what each competency was about and what was expected from the answer. I'd say each person asked about 2-3 questions for each competency. Might be worth mentioning that they asked me quite negative questions... by this i mean they asked about times i've been criticized, how i dealt with that. Have i ever given negative feedback. What would i do differently.

The superintendent was asking me specific questions about the garda. The ranks of guards, what support services do they consist of, the geographical regions, who i knew, what were the shift hours, what the pay was, templemore courses, hours of the course, training expectation etc. basically testing knowledge on the garda.

I dont have much experience within a community i.e Garda reserve, GAA, Order of Malta etc. I felt they were looking for people who had experience in team roles that could be clearly outlined by reflecting community work, or helping people whether it be customer service, volunteering work and relaying these back into the competencies.

Good luck to those who are continuing on their applications and process and congrats to the folk who passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Brian 92

Passed . OOM in the 200s . Another step closer .Hard luck to those who were unsuccessful . Keep trying .

With regards to being contacted for medical. How soon were people contacted after the last round of interviews?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

With regards to being contacted for medical. How soon were people contacted after the last round of interviews?

I was waiting 5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kinsellacoon

Well lads do any of ye have any idea when you could be called if your oom is around 350?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

I passed the interview.. Absolutely over the moon and well done to everybody else. It's a long process, and to everyone who didn't pass definitely go for it again next time, if it's for you if won't pass you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 AlisonT123

Can't believe it placed just over 300 in the OOM
    In shock. I wonder when we will start hearing about Medicals/physicals
    Head up for those who didn't reach passing, it is tough we all have been there failing but keep positive , they will be recruiting in the next few months again ðŸ‘

I was waiting 5 weeks.

What was your approx oom after interview?

+1000

+1000

OOM goes out the window after the interview. Your vetting is the most important aspect of the application. You could have an OOM of 1 but if your vetting isn't cleared you won't be called. Just focus on passing the medical and PCT. The rest will take care of itself. Congrats on passing the interview.

So my oom is now around 200.

Does that mean 200 oom overall for this campaign or does it mean 200 against this interview cycle.
    What was the lowest oom?

OOM goes out the window after the interview. Your vetting is the most important aspect of the application. You could have an OOM of 1 but if your vetting isn't cleared you won't be called. Just focus on passing the medical and PCT. The rest will take care of itself. Congrats on passing the interview.

Yeah I'm aware of vetting delays alright. Just wondering when I'll be called for medical is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Peterh89

passed aswel just around the 300 mark. Time to run a bit further now.

• Advertisement

Whats the point of giving us an OOM then?

Shane88 wrote:
    Whats the point of giving us an OOM then?

You'll be processed through the medical and pca in order of oom.

if your vetting is outstanding someone with higher oom than you could get in before you is the point he's making

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Congratulations to all who got good news. Its a great feeling when the email comes. Hard luck to all who were unsuccessful this time. I'm on my third go this time and I know exactly how tough it is, but every step is experience...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

You can get called for medical and pct in any order after your interview. Your OOM is irrelevant in that respect.

It comes in to play in the order you get called for Temolemore.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

So my oom is now around 200.

Does that mean 200 oom overall for this campaign or does it mean 200 against this interview cycle.
    What was the lowest oom?
    That oom would be based on your interview group, so the interviews in December are ahead on the overall oom!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

2 weeks

Henry2006 wrote:
    2 weeks

Thanks for the reply. And when were the medicals scheduled? 2 weeks after that again?

Also at what point must you meet the local sergeant and super?

And has anyone else here from the Sligo area met the super etc??

Genuinely appreciate the feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Thanks for the reply. And when were the medicals scheduled? 2 weeks after that again?

Also at what point must you meet the local sergeant and super?

And has anyone else here from the Sligo area met the super etc??

Genuinely appreciate the feedback

Yep 2 weeks after, haven't met sergeant or super yet and still waiting for date for physical

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭vodkacz

Henry2006 wrote: »
    Yep 2 weeks after, haven't met sergeant or super yet and still waiting for date for physical

I met sergeant on Monday, roughly 2 weeks after my medical, but after reading numerous posts here I think there is no adequate pattern for the dates to be called in for medical or pct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 BobbyP

Congrats to everyone who got through! I passed the interview (found out today) and my oom is low 200s. When are the open days or how do we find out? Or should I have gone to one already?

Am I right thinking we should find out about medicals in 2-3 weeks and then the actual medical will be on in another 2 weeks after that? Where does the medical take place?

Advertisement