Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guards recruitment September 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

BobbyP wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone who got through! I passed the interview (found out today) and my oom is low 200s. When are the open days or how do we find out? Or should I have gone to one already?

Am I right thinking we should find out about medicals in 2-3 weeks and then the actual medical will be on in another 2 weeks after that? Where does the medical take place?

That's the sort of timelines I'm looking at for those with lower oom.

Medical takes place in Phoenix Park as far as I'm aware

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lmarie2016

Hey guys, just trying to work this out it may be silly 😂😂 but 7.6 on the beep test, how many times over and back would you be running??

Anyone with a good app??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Lmarie2016 wrote: »
    Hey guys, just trying to work this out it may be silly 😂😂 but 7.6 on the beep test, how many times over and back would you be running??

Anyone with a good app??

I think it works out at approx 60ish turns

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shane88

Anyone with a good app??

Loadsa beep tests on YouTube. That's what I use anyway, not sure about which apps are good.

Anyone with a good app??

8 shuttles per level up until level six
    10 shuttles for each level from then

Loughborough Intermittent 20m Shuttle Test (LIST) is the one used on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Can someone list out the competencies for the interview for me. I just want to reassure myself I'm familiarising myself with the right headings.

Can someone list out the competencies for the interview for me. I just want to reassure myself I'm familiarising myself with the right headings.

Motivation to be a guard

Interpersonal skills

Resilience

Judgement and decision making

Delivery of results

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Well done my son passed too what kind of oom have people now

Glad to hear it. I got through as well, was dreading reading that email. To all who didn't, very sorry to hear that and don't give up. Tenacity is a virtue of its own and just learn what you can from this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 voodosheeb

my test is on Monday, should I get a hair cut and shave my beard or will it matter at all, or is tidying it up enough?

voodosheeb wrote:
    my test is on Monday, should I get a hair cut and shave my beard or will it matter at all, or is tidying it up enough?

What test. Stage 2 or interview?

For stage 2 appearance is irrelevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 saz1995

In relation to the PCT , how long after your medical do you have to wait for a date for the pct? I passed medical 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. Have met up with superintendent and inspector 2 weeks ago too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

"Mr Twomey announced that a new competition for garda trainees for next year and beyond would be issued in March or April, with a separate competition for the garda reserves."

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/garda-numbers-growing-for-first-time-says-deputy-chief-441948.html

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

D Trent wrote: »
    "Mr Twomey announced that a new competition for garda trainees for next year and beyond would be issued in March or April, with a separate competition for the garda reserves."

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/garda-numbers-growing-for-first-time-says-deputy-chief-441948.html

I just read it earlier. Great news:)

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    What test. Stage 2 or interview?

For stage 2 appearance is irrelevant.
    satge 2 , so do I not have to wear a suit either?

voodosheeb wrote: »
    satge 2 , so do I not have to wear a suit either?

No. You can go in trackies for all they care at that stage (what I did).

Attire is important for the interview not for stage 2.

No. You can go in trackies for all they care at that stage (what I did).

Attire is important for the interview not for stage 2.

good to know thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ATM83

Interview dates out. Not much notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 coener88

Hi wat oom are you that u got your interview date, thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ATM83

coener88 wrote:
    Hi wat oom are you that u got your interview date, thanks in advance

Late 600s

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

A question for those who interviewed ahead of me. How long does it seem to be from interview results before you start getting contacted. And is the contact by email, phone, or both.

Just to give me some sort of idea. I realize some will hear quicker and others slower so any info is welcome :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Strange one, have interview at 9.00 am and was told in the email to be there 20 minutes before scheduled time, yet the PAS doesnt open until 9.15?
    anyone able to clear that one up?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

leestone wrote: »
    Strange one, have interview at 9.00 am and was told in the email to be there 20 minutes before scheduled time, yet the PAS doesnt open until 9.15?
    anyone able to clear that one up?
    It will be open. 9:15 is just the office hours - for phone calls etc

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Emer29

leestone wrote:
    Strange one, have interview at 9.00 am and was told in the email to be there 20 minutes before scheduled time, yet the PAS doesnt open until 9.15? anyone able to clear that one up?

They are open early. I arrived before 8.30am for my interview and they were open.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭DE1991

I wonder would points on drivers licence have any impact?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Coffeeguzzler

DE1991 wrote: »
    I wonder would points on drivers licence have any impact?

I have 3 points for speeding, it didn't effect me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 adam kearney

Hi guys
    Got the good news that I passed the interview last week.
    I got a call from pas saying I'd have to sit the irish assessment because I done foundation for the leaving.
    Just wondering is anyone else in the same boat??
    When are we likely to get dates for the Irish / medical ?
    Does anybody know if having to do the irish puts much of a delay on my process ??

Thanks

Any know the weight and bmi limits for men?

leestone wrote:
    Any know the weight and bmi limits for men?

Bmi has to be less than 30

Bmi has to be less than 30

Damm I'm 35 bmi interview next week.
    If successful how long is average time to medical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

Got my medical date today, roll on ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

Just did stage two there today. Missed one or two details on the report, feeling a bit indifferent now. Was wondering if anyone that passed did the same?

Just did stage two there today. Missed one or two details on the report, feeling a bit indifferent now. Was wondering if anyone that passed did the same?

Yeah I messed up on the phone numbers, was sure I failed but I passed so wouldn't worry too much about it :D

I did stage 2 twice missed more details than the first time yet I got a higher mark the second time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

leestone wrote: »
    I did stage 2 twice missed more details than the first time yet I got a higher mark the second time

Thanks man yeah I missed a digit on a number and an age so I'm hoping that's not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Peterh89

mutter_man wrote: »
    A question for those who interviewed ahead of me. How long does it seem to be from interview results before you start getting contacted. And is the contact by email, phone, or both.

Just to give me some sort of idea. I realize some will hear quicker and others slower so any info is welcome :D
    I got the result  8 days after my interview.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Peterh89

Hi guys
    Got the good news that I passed the interview last week.
    I got a call from pas saying I'd have to sit the irish assessment because I done foundation for the leaving.
    Just wondering is anyone else in the same boat??
    When are we likely to get dates for the Irish / medical ?
    Does anybody know if having to do the irish puts much of a delay on my process ??

Thanks
    I'm in the same boat as I didn't have the opportunity in the north to do two languages, PAS told me the date has not been set for the assessment but it should be in 2 months or so. Bar that the recruitment stages will still continue, as in it wont hold up the rest of the stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 AlisonT123

I am early 300 of OOM , I wonder how far into the OOM they invited to Stage 4.
    Do you recieve an email from public jobs or Gardai Headquarters when it comes to the medical

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Anyone have any tips for someone sitting the interview soon.

IE. Do's and don'ts ...
    What to brush up on.
    What to know thoroughly..
    What to know briefly etc etc

Thanks in advance :)

AlisonT123 wrote: »
    I am early 300 of OOM , I wonder how far into the OOM they invited to Stage 4.
    Do you recieve an email from public jobs or Gardai Headquarters when it comes to the medical

I'm really not sure , my friend and I both got emails this morning regarding our medical dates, he's very early 200s and I'm mid 200s. No public jobs any more, it's all over to Garda headquarters now. So it's basically a matter of checking the emails everyday as there isn't a text sent to the phone.

I'm really not sure , my friend and I both got emails this morning regarding our medical dates, he's very early 200s and I'm mid 200s. No public jobs any more, it's all over to Garda headquarters now. So it's basically a matter of checking the emails everyday as there isn't a text sent to the phone.

I'm low 200's and still no email.

• Advertisement

That's strange... would be anything to do with the vetting taking longer to come through?

When you sit your interview

leestone wrote:
    When you sit your interview

2 weeks ago. Got my results on wednesday

For anyone who has already done the medical, what did you put in the confirmation email. Do you just say I confirm that I can attend the examination at this time or is it just a matter of sending the email back?? Thank you in advance :)

Just wondering Did you interview in December or January?

Shane88 wrote: »
    Just wondering Did you interview in December or January?

January, only got my interview results last Wednesday.

January, only got my interview results last Wednesday.

Same as that. I'm around the 150 mark in OOM. Had an issue with getting my leaving cert results but got it sorted now so hopefully get the email for the medical shortly. Thanks for the update anyway

Shane88 wrote:
    Same as that. I'm around the 150 mark in OOM. Had an issue with getting my leaving cert results but got it sorted now so hopefully get the email for the medical shortly. Thanks for the update anyway

I was also missing postcodes on my form b on the day. That could be the issue for the delay.

Gonna ring hrm tomorrow just to see

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Eddyrio5

Shane88 wrote:

I was also missing postcodes on my form b on the day. That could be the issue for the delay.

Gonna ring hrm tomorrow just to see

Do you have to clear vetting before being called for medical etc?

Eddyrio5 wrote:
    Do you have to clear vetting before being called for medical etc?

No.

But I'd say all the documentation must be in order prior to organising your medical

• Advertisement
Advertisement