Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards recruitment September 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Lmarie2016 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.. this wait is the worst:(
    I was just wondering if we are able to defer any stage... if I am successful could I defer stage two and if I got through to Templemore could I defer it to the following intake if needed.

I will be travelling from overseas to do stage 2- I was just wondering was anyone else in the same situation?

From my own experience having reached stage two in the last campaign is that when the Sergeant from An Garda Síochána gave his presentation. He specifically said that once you get through the interview and pass your medical, fitness you can defer your start in Templemore if you want to finish off college etc.

So I'd say they're fairly flexible enough just once you inform them in advance. However, I don't know would that be the case with this campaign. Might be worth phoning the Public Appointments Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lmarie2016

Thank you so much. I will be flying from Australia to do stage 2 and it's just so close to Christmas the flights are so expensive!!! (Not that they are cheap anyway) haha

Yeah I might give public jobs a call and see what they can advise.

Thanks again for your response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Thank you so much. I will be flying from Australia to do stage 2 and it's just so close to Christmas the flights are so expensive!!! (Not that they are cheap anyway) haha

Yeah I might give public jobs a call and see what they can advise.

Thanks again for your response.

You'd want to contact the public appointments service ASAP. Some of the stages only permit deferral in exceptional instances. You could potentially be scheduled to commence stage 2 on the 7th of October, prepare accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lmarie2016

Hi, I called PAS in relation to deferring as I advised earlier- they gave me the information needed, so stage two will be between 7-25 November and we should know whether we are successful hopefully by the start of next week I was told :)

Just thought I would give you all the heads up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

Hi, I called PAS in relation to deferring as I advised earlier- they gave me the information needed, so stage two will be between 7-25 November and we should know whether we are successful hopefully by the start of next week I was told :)

Just thought I would give you all the heads up :)

Thank you so much for telling us, you're a star.

But... NEXT WEEK?!?!?!?!?!

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

misslemon wrote: »
    Thank you so much for telling us, you're a star.

But... NEXT WEEK?!?!?!?!?!

:eek:

Lord god, it's like your ma tellin you dinner is at 3 o clock and you're at the table then she says "it'll be another 20 mins spuds aren't ready" .... Then you tut and curse the back off it in your head 😂😂 I hate waiting!!

I dread what story I'll have to concoct to get out of work if I can't give them proper notice (though as I don't feel confident at all about those flippin cut-e tests I'm putting the cart way before the horse there).

I thought we'd have all this nice and sorted before the bank holiday. Instead it's going to be there, taking up headspace like an unwanted guest at stripmymind's ma's dinner table.

For the love of jaysus.

For those who think we'll be waiting till next week to hear; last year the stage 1 results and invitation to assessment centre were 2 separate messages in our PAS inboxes that were sent several days apart.

On this basis (slightly speculative) we may still get results this week and an assessment centre date next week. :D

One weeks notice is crazy, but alas what can ya do

Serious Question:

Will the amount of time stage 2 takes be impacted by the strike? How can you have the induction talk given by the Gardai if they're on strike? So four fridays, maybe 8-12 sessions, maybe on hold? That might add a week onto the stage 2 timeframe.

They can't give some of us the induction talk and not others, that leaves them open to accusations that some people had more info going into later stages than others.

It's not the end of the world, like. Just wondering.

Serious Question:

Will the amount of time stage 2 takes be impacted by the strike? How can you have the induction talk given by the Gardai if they're on strike? So four fridays, maybe 8-12 sessions, maybe on hold? That might add a week onto the stage 2 timeframe.

They can't give some of us the induction talk and not others, that leaves them open to accusations that some people had more info going into later stages than others.

Never even considered that. That could potentially be what'll happen

• Advertisement

Serious Question:

That's a good point never thought of that either myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭User16

Lord god, it's like your ma tellin you dinner is at 3 o clock and you're at the table then she says "it'll be another 20 mins spuds aren't ready" .... Then you tut and curse the back off it in your head 😂😂 I hate waiting!!

Pmsl

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dublingarda

The talk is a PowerPoint that has not changed in the last two campaigns. A member of PAS could do the talk but just limited in the answers they could give to questions asked.

I agree with above. We should hear by Friday if your successful. Followed by another email later on with a date.

I am hoping the PAS is just saying next week to fob us of so we won't ring them ;). As I remember I rang them for the results for stage two for the last campaign on a Friday and they said it would take two weeks to receive your results. The following Tuesday I was notified. So I am still hoping for Friday. Come on PAS put us out of our misery! Hopefully we can get to enjoy the long weekend and celebrate getting through to the next stage by finding out Friday :)

Results are out!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 TF1992

Hope everyone is happy :)

I think the new system, where we ring in and book a test session, makes so much more sense than the way they did it last year.

Fair play to everyone in PAS for putting us out of our misery before the bank holiday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

I think the new system, where we ring in and book a test session, makes so much more sense than the way they did it last year.

Fair play to everyone in PAS for putting us out of our misery before the bank holiday :D

How does that system work?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

I got no results yet ... There's a feeling of bad news about that scenario

How does that system work?

Last time we were assigned a test slot. If you couldn't make it, tough. There was no rescheduling. This time you phone up and choose a slot.

Might be because of the short notice, or because they have so few candidates they can't afford to lose some by not being accomodating.

• Advertisement

I got no results yet ... There's a feeling of bad news about that scenario

It might just be the first lot that were notified

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Last time we were assigned a test slot. If you couldn't make it, tough. There was no rescheduling. This time you phone up and choose a slot.

Might be because of the short notice, or because they have so few candidates they can't afford to lose some by not being accomodating.

Thanks.. No result yet so probably not relevant to me now anyway😀 Best of luck to all

They're taking 1000 through in this band. Might take time to get all the messages out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Well hurdle 1 of 6 down. Onto the next hurdle.

Happy enough with the result below 900.

Congrats TallGlass!

Delighted we get to schedule the next stage , going on holiday on the 11th!

TF1992 wrote: »
    Delighted we get to schedule the next stage , going on holiday on the 11th!

Me too actually! Was worrying me a bit that I'd get November 11 or 14th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 leeds192

Interesting way of doing it. Wonder if the interview stage will be the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 daveoc43

leeds192 wrote: »
    Interesting way of doing it. Wonder if the interview stage will be the same?

No your given a time and date for interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭mandymo

I ranked just over 1000 so the message said I'll hear after November 7th for the next round

Advertisement