Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards recruitment September 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dylanshhkyboy

Hi,
    I passed my medical about 2 months ago and I haven't heard anything since. Is this normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Hi,
    I passed my medical about 2 months ago and I haven't heard anything since. Is this normal?

That's a bit of a longish wait but understandable because medical deferals like myself from jan/feb are now elligible for the fitness test before you.

No harm contacting HRM just to follow up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dylanshhkyboy

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    That's a bit of a longish wait but understandable because medical deferals like myself from jan/feb are now elligible for the fitness test before you.

No harm contacting HRM just to follow up with them.

Thank you, I'll ring them tomorrow. Hopefully they'll give me some kind of answer

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Keeper34

Superintendent interview done. 3/4 minutes, half dozen questions left me thinking it wasn't looking promising then he says 'it all looks good, I'll send this on so'.
    Similar to anyone else's experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Keeper34 wrote: »
    Superintendent interview done. 3/4 minutes, half dozen questions left me thinking it wasn't looking promising then he says 'it all looks good, I'll send this on so'.

Seems as good as you could hope for if he says it all looks good..

• Advertisement

Hopefully I can get the physical done soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭JC43

Can you remember what questions he asked you please ?

About where I went to college, where I work now, what I do to keep fit. I named a current reference who is a serving Garda & he asked how I knew him. Asked about my age too because as you probably guessed I'm 34.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Damo1988

well lads. had my medical back in March and failed the eyesight. got the laser eye surgery done and have it over me about 2 months now. still have to do the physical and meet with my super. guessing i can kiss the august intake goodbye??

How many arrests do you reckon a Garda makes per shift? (On average).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Queevz33

Hi there, anyone else have an oom of in the 700's and who hasn't been called for fitness yet? Passed medical on 25th May and haven't heard anything since. Interview with super already done early May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭JC43

Queevz33 wrote: »
    Hi there, anyone else have an oom of in the 700's and who hasn't been called for fitness yet? Passed medical on 25th May and haven't heard anything since. Interview with super already done early May.

Similar oom and nothing except invitation to templemore since I passed interview back in march , so medical physical and Sargent and super to be called for !

I'm high 600's, medical and both sergeant and superintendent interviews done. Still waiting for physical date.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

I'm high 600's, medical and both sergeant and superintendent interviews done. Still waiting for physical date.
    did you get your date for pct yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 paul88

Im the same. Been waiting a while.

Nope, still waiting. People here have said ring HR & ask to go on a cancellation list but I'm hesitant to do that as I'm not confident enough about the push ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mango167

Have my medical coming up my bmi is 33.7 5ft 8 femal atm but includes high percentage of muscle as I play high level of sport. Any one know is the bmi automatic fail or have I a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kinsellacoon

Lads I passed my physical on may 13 and I've heard nothing since. Does anyone have any clue when I could expect any word?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Meeting sergeant tomorrow anybody any advice ? I take it suit up?

Definitely suit up.
    My sergeant interview was very casual. Lots of questions about what the recruitment process involved 'as it's so different now to when they joined'. Lasted about half an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Dannycinkerry

Mango167 wrote: »
    Have my medical coming up my bmi is 33.7 5ft 8 femal atm but includes high percentage of muscle as I play high level of sport. Any one know is the bmi automatic fail or have I a chance?

I wouldnt worry too much, im 5,10 male and a bmi of 30. I play loads of sport and she didnt take anu notice of it. its the nurse that takes you BMI not the doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 McGDaniel

I wouldnt worry too much, im 5,10 male and a bmi of 30. I play loads of sport and she didnt take anu notice of it. its the nurse that takes you BMI not the doctor.

Did you pass your medical with a BMI of 30?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Can anyone tell me is your meeting with the Super Intendant much different then meeting the Sergent. Is there any prepping I should be doing for this or questions that I could be asked?

My sergeant interview was very informal and took around 20/30 mins.

Superintendent interview was about 3 minutes long, very formal. Asked about what I did in college, what I do for a living and what I do to keep fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jtraffic

Has anyone had any difficulty getting replies from the medical office? I did my medical back in March but was deferred because I failed the eyesight section of the medical. Got lasik surgery and submitted the details of my surgery. Have completed every other stage so just waiting to do my physical but haven't gotten any acknowledgement of the information I sent in from my surgeon confirming my improved eyesight. Have sent several emails but getting no response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

jtraffic wrote:
    Has anyone had any difficulty getting replies from the medical office? I did my medical back in March but was deferred because I failed the eyesight section of the medical. Got lasik surgery and submitted the details of my surgery. Have completed every other stage so just waiting to do my physical but haven't gotten any acknowledgement of the information I sent in from my surgeon confirming my improved eyesight. Have sent several emails but getting no response.

Just ring em. Ring the HRM and ask for the medical department. You'll get Ur answer that way the quickest

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Frankgalvin

Lads I passed my physical on may 13 and I've heard nothing since. Does anyone have any clue when I could expect any word?

Ya im in same boat passed my Physical on May 17th and haven't heard anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Hi all,

My file has been sent to my local Garda station since the 9th of June HRM were able to tell me that.

However, I have still not heard from my local station :( I even rang the district office to speak to the Super to be proactive as possible about it and all they said is expect a date soon for him to meet me.

How long were you waiting for to meet up with your local station between the stages?

Anyone here from the Cork City area and meet up with there local station?

My OOM is low 600s

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

Hi all,

My file has been sent to my local Garda station since the 9th of June HRM were able to tell me that.

However, I have still not heard from my local station :( I even rang the district office to speak to the Super to be proactive as possible about it and all they said is expect a date soon for him to meet me.

How long were you waiting for to meet up with your local station between the stages?

Anyone here from the Cork City area and meet up with there local station?

My OOM is low 600s

Thanks.

it will happen. but considering rest of the posts- this will happen faster if you nudge HR. i was waiting over a month for super/ serg until i call hr and they had no idea but i got a call for both withing a week after another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

ArifI wrote: »
    it will happen. but considering rest of the posts- this will happen faster if you nudge HR. i was waiting over a month for super/ serg until i call hr and they had no idea but i got a call for both withing a week after another.

If I don't hear anything by Thursday this week I will ring HRM and check the status;)

Thanks for that.

Advertisement