Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards recruitment September 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭User16

Don't seem to have received an email yet, wtf?
    That a bad sign? No feedback at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

User16 wrote: »
    Don't seem to have received an email yet, wtf?
    That a bad sign? No feedback at all?
    Is public jobs down or is it just mine?

My public jobs is fine, so is my email...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 GazDublinC

Was absolutely buzzing when I got the result! Congrats to everyone who made it! Anyone know what days and when stage two is until in november? I'm assuming no weekends anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

craftgirl wrote: »
    My son just got his results and he was number 593. He's never thought of being a guard and he has aspergers and social anxiety so I'm wondering does this give him any chance. He's very fit etc but just socially awkward.

Tell him well done for his excellent score.
    I wish him all the best with the rest of his application although there may be some things he may need to consider.

If successful he'll have to complete a competency based interview at a later stage and as a result of his conditions he may be at a disadvantage. I am also unsure if these conditions would rule him medically unfit during the medical and thus you'd probably want to email PAS or An Garda Siochanna for clarification on this matter.

From what I know from family members is that the role of a Garda is extremely social job in the sense were you're meeting with new members of the public on a daily if not hourly basis. This alone may make your son reconsider the role. Would your son be able to stand in front of protesters shouting abuse?

I genuinely do wish your son all the best and if he's serious about the job then he should do as much as he can (join a soccer/gaelic team etc) in order to better develop his social skills and demonstrate that he is capable of working well with others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

No message for me so i assume that's bad news thought I would have got feedback on results to see where I fell for future recruitments..gutted best of luck to all who progressed to phase 2

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dublingarda

Passed!!!

Any of those from previous campaigns remember if it's the exact same test again in the test centre??

I know the last campaign it was the exact Saville test twice

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

Great score, if he does well in stage 2 he will have a good over all placement in the rankings but it all depends on his body language in the interview and maintaining a good level eye contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

Passed!!!

Any of those from previous campaigns remember if it's the exact same test again in the test centre??

I think it has to be the same test. It's verifying you took the test in stage one and not a friend or family member. If the test was different they'd be comparing apples with oranges.

Passed!!!

The test will be of the same format (discovering rules & Cut-e verbal reasoning)

The discovering rules questions will be taken from the same test bank so some may be identical to the online test that you took. I doubt the verbal will be the exact same passage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lmarie2016

Hi Everyone, Congratulations to those who passed-my phone buzzed at 3.30am over here is Australia so have been awake since haha !! I places in the early 1300 delighted as didn't get anywhere near that in 2013. They advised they will let us know dates by the 7 November. Just one quick question and please no rude answers( as someone posted they where travelling from Australia to do the tests in another forum and she got a lot of grief)
    Once I find out my stage 2 date I will be flying home :) as crazy as it may seem but this is something ive always wanted so don't mind forking out the few thousand on flights-
    If successful in stage 2 when do they believe the interviews will take place? As I am going home for Christmas so it would be great if it was December/January??

Any information would be great.. and well done again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭AiB123

Lmarie2016 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, Congratulations to those who passed-my phone buzzed at 3.30am over here is Australia so have been awake since haha !! I places in the early 1300 delighted as didn't get anywhere near that in 2013. They advised they will let us know dates by the 7 November. Just one quick question and please no rude answers( as someone posted they where travelling from Australia to do the tests in another forum and she got a lot of grief)
    Once I find out my stage 2 date I will be flying home :) as crazy as it may seem but this is something ive always wanted so don't mind forking out the few thousand on flights-
    If successful in stage 2 when do they believe the interviews will take place? As I am going home for Christmas so it would be great if it was December/January??

Any information would be great.. and well done again :)

Congrats on getting through. Don't be conscious of what people think, if it's what you want, then absolutely go for it. The numbers would surely be less if we all listened to everyone else and their opinions on joining the Guards.
    I think I saw in an earlier post about interviews in early December, beginning, but correct me if I'm worng.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cjgblm

well done to everyone that passed , i scored in the top 500 and was pretty nervous as this is my first time applying , was just wondering if anyone could help me im having trouble with the study material link i have the latest adobe but its saying the file may not be compatable or may be damaged any help would be great

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    The test will be of the same format (discovering rules & Cut-e verbal reasoning)

The discovering rules questions will be taken from the same test bank so some may be identical to the online test that you took. I doubt the verbal will be the exact same passage.

At least some of the Savile testlet passages were the exact same in both tests in the last campaign. Doesn't make a difference, not like we'll remember the tabs in enough detail to have an advantage and it's just verification.

I'm sick of those godforsaken tests tho. I did the civil service cut-e tests earlier this week so the thought of doing yet another set is about as appealing as trying to police a water meter installation.

I even dreamedabout cut-e tests last night. How feckin' sad is that?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

one bit of advice for anyone worried about the job-sim test is take absolutely everything insofar as names addresses and phone numbers down as quick as possible. Its a big help aswel if between now and then you can come up with some description of shorthand for names and addresses!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 OutCastLV

Hi, a Latvian Fella here..i got placed 1800s, so i guess ill meet you at Assessment center,
    Good luck to all of us !!! :)

I wont get to ring PAS to book my assessment centre appointment until later in the day. Just wondering what are the day's they're offering?

I wont get to ring PAS to book my assessment centre appointment until later in the day. Just wondering what are the day's they're offering?

It's ringing out for me right now.

misslemon wrote: »
    It's ringing out for me right now.

Keep me posted how you get on :)

Cool, got through. It's not quite as free-for-all as we thought, I was told they were currently just booking November 7th.

Guess I'm getting it done nice and early so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

Cool, got through. It's not quite as free-for-all as we thought, I was told they were currently just booking November 7th.

Guess I'm getting it done nice and early so!

Did you ask if you could get a later date?

I didn't because I don't work Mondays so was just really relieved not to have to ask my employer for time off at short notice (we have a two week rule). Plus I'm so nervous about Job sim that getting it done as quick as possible is probably best for me.

All I know is that she said to me they were currently only booking that day. I'm sure someone else will be along soon with more info on how flexible they actually are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

I didn't because I don't work Mondays so was just really relieved not to have to ask my employer for time off at short notice (we have a two week rule). Plus I'm so nervous about Job sim that getting it done as quick as possible is probably best for me.

All I know is that she said to me they were currently only booking that day. I'm sure someone else will be along soon with more info on how flexible they actually are.
    Great, thanks! You are completely right, get it done and out of the way early on, especially if you don't have to take annual leave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 quicksell0710

Hi All. I rang earlier too and was told that they are taking bookings for 7-11th of November. I asked if there will be later dates available and was told to ring them next week as they need to fill these dates first... hope it helps :)

Booked for Friday the 11th.
    Bring it on!!

Anyone receive a booking confirmation email yet?

Anyone receive a booking confirmation email yet?

No, I think they're probably doing them in batches. At the end of the day or when a session is full, something like that.

just rang PAS, Due to the number of email responses going out, not everyone has had their feedback of sucess or lack thereof. maybe I'm out...maybe I'm not. should know by end of today.
    keeping my little candle lit here... others should too.

User16 wrote: »
    just rang PAS, Due to the number of email responses going out, not everyone has had their feedback of sucess or lack thereof. maybe I'm out...maybe I'm not. should know by end of today.
    keeping my little candle lit here... others should too.

Fingers crossed for you, hope it goes your way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Butterfly2323

Made it through to stage 2 with flying colours!!ðŸ˜
    I've booked in for my tests and as I'll be travelling to Dublin I'm just wondering how long do the tests take? I'm at 1.15 so need to know what time train to get home!! Thanks!

Advertisement