Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards recruitment September 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

Made it through to stage 2 with flying colours!!ðŸ˜
    I've booked in for my tests and as I'll be travelling to Dublin I'm just wondering how long do the tests take? I'm at 1.15 so need to know what time train to get home!! Thanks!

I can't remember how long they take, but due to technical difficulties all the sessions on my day overran, so we started 45 min late. No disrespect to the staff at PAS,they're so nice, but the tests aren't exactly run with military precision. So I'd add in a buffer 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ryan1305

I've never done them before but I read it can take up to 3 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Made it through to stage 2 with flying colours!!ðŸ˜
    I've booked in for my tests and as I'll be travelling to Dublin I'm just wondering how long do the tests take? I'm at 1.15 so need to know what time train to get home!! Thanks!

If I recall correctly last time my test was scheduled at 1:15.

The orientation was on at 15:00 and finished at approx 16:15.

You'll be out at 5 at the very very latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Made it though! Just about mind but I'm there so always a chance. Just a question.. It says in the info for stage two that it's a re test of the verbal and abstract reasoning test. Surely it can't be the same test as in same shapes and passage? Does anyone know how it works?

Made it though! Just about mind but I'm there so always a chance. Just a question.. It says in the info for stage two that it's a re test of the verbal and abstract reasoning test. Surely it can't be the same test as in same shapes and passage? Does anyone know how it works?

Congrats! Thrilled for ye!

It might be the same passage and shapes, but if not it'll be close enough. It's just to check it was actually you who completed the unsupervised stage one tests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭User16

thanks a million.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

misslemon wrote: »
    Congrats! Thrilled for ye!

It might be the same passage and shapes, but if not it'll be close enough. It's just to check it was actually you who completed the unsupervised stage one tests.

Thanks a lot for that. Well done to u to. Nice to get a chance at s 2 anyway... I thought they might change the test in s 2 to the five boxes or something like that. When I did the course we did both. Or passages without tabs would be great..
    Thanks again

The stage one tests in the last campaign back in January were made by a different company called Savile. They probably showed you both at the course because they weren't sure if PAS would use Savile or Cut-E.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 TF1992

Booked in for Monday the 7th :)

Job sim is stressing me out , I failed that the last time round </3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

Do you think there is any difference in doing the tests sooner rather then later, would we get results quicker? Since the format has changed, will people be scored based on the people in there group or overall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 wally19

Hi all, I still havnt got my results ? is there anyone I can contact or should I just wait abit long ?

pas told me not 2hrs ago that not everyone has been notified. im waiting too. we should know by today.

Fingers crossed for you, hope it goes your way.

thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Butterfly2323

TF1992 wrote: »
    Booked in for Monday the 7th :)

Job sim is stressing me out , I failed that the last time round </3

Is job sim the same as what we did in round 1 where we had to decide what was the best/worst answer? Like the scenarios?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Is job sim the same as what we did in round 1 where we had to decide what was the best/worst answer? Like the scenarios?

nah they play a short video of you arriving at the scene of an incident and you have to write a report of the incident as quickly as possible. as long as you dont get bogged down and make sure to quickly take down things like phone numbers, names and addresses you shouldnt have any problems! some form of shorthand for names and addresses is a good idea too I just leave out the vowels and I can usually remember them and add them later

Depp wrote: »
    nah they play a short video of you arriving at the scene of an incident and you have to write a report of the incident as quickly as possible. as long as you dont get bogged down and make sure to quickly take down things like phone numbers, names and addresses you shouldnt have any problems! some form of shorthand for names and addresses is a good idea too I just leave out the vowels and I can usually remember them and add them later

I thought that was the report writing part?? It's my first time applying so I'm only going off what they've sent but it's fairly vague!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I thought that was the report writing part?? It's my first time applying so I'm only going off what they've sent but it's fairly vague!!

I think you're right actually I have myself confused! the job sim the one where they give you a scenario and a list of possible actions and you rate them isnt it?

Depp wrote: »
    I think you're right actually I have myself confused! the job sim the one where they give you a scenario and a list of possible actions and you rate them isnt it?

I think that's what I read anyway! But we did something like that in STAGE 1 didn't we?? So I wonder will it be similar enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stage 2 Assessment Centre will comprise the following: [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](a) re-test of the Verbal Comprehension and Abstract Reasoning tests (Repeat of tests from Stage 1 Part B)[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](b) Job Simulation Exercise (Similar to the Assessment Questionnaire in Stage 1)[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](c) Report Writing Exercise (Watching a video and writing a report based on what you have seen)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hope this helps[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Raj08

Hey guys! Congrats to everyone through to stage 2 and best of luck to those still waiting on results.
    Booked in for November 7th for the assessment centre, nervous about the report writing part as I'm not the fastest at writing notes!

• Advertisement

18:08pm..... i got word IM THROUGH.....Yay

Just missed out on the first 2260, but defo in with a chance early next year. Gives me time to get off the fags and shape up for the medical.

Am thrilled. Congrats to everyone else.

User16 wrote: »

Just missed out on the first 2260, but defo in with a chance early next year. Gives me time to get off the fags and shape up for the medical.

Brilliant!!! They didn't half make you sweat though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone know how long we'll be in the assessment center for? Early start time I must say.

Job sim gives you a work based scenario and you rate the responses as to what you think the best thing to do in that situation would be.

Test and induction talk last 3/4 hours -

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

User16 wrote: »

Delighted for you that's great news :) I'm through as well I am sitting mine in two weeks.

Delighted for you that's great news :) I'm through as well I am sitting mine in two weeks.

cheers. best of luck for it:):). you can warn all us that have to do it next spring:o:o

Brilliant!!! They didn't half make you sweat though!

honest to God, when 6pm came I decided it must be Monday if at all.
    i did do a little Carlton dance if Im honest....lol:cool:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5 GenericUser1

Does anyone know what the timings are for the afternoon session before I call as I need to look into transport?

Does anyone know what the timings are for the afternoon session before I call as I need to look into transport?

Mines at 1:15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Just wondering if anyone received their confirmation email?

Advertisement