Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snackbox

• 08-09-2016 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,

I currently have a large craving for southern fried chicken chips. I'm just after moving to Limerick city and looking for any advice on where to get a snack box!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Bar the obvious one of Supermacs you could try Chicken Hut with some of its famous gravy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Gotta agree with jof and being new in town it's something you need to try at least once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Careful.....if you dont like the chicken hut the locals will run you out of town.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I've lived here 9 years and have never eaten in the chicken hut :o

/Runs

Does Enzo's on William St do southern fried chicken?
    Lazio's at the market used to, but they're gone a while, but I think Roberto there was related to someone who runs a chipper on William St.
    Edit: if you've a car, there's one in raheen (court fields) that I'm fairly sure does southern fried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

El Toro don't do southern fried chicken but if you're ever in the mood for bbq this place hits the spot big time.

• Advertisement

dashoonage wrote: »
    Careful.....if you dont like the chicken hut the locals will run you out of town.

10763_simpsons_angry_mob.jpg

But yes, Chicken hut.

"Forks in the baaag you gowl!!!"

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You really need to be drunk to have the true Chicken Hut experience. The alcohol acts as sort of a barrier against the grease. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I've lived here 9 years and have never eaten in the chicken hut :o

/Runs

Does Enzo's on William St do southern fried chicken?
    Lazio's at the market used to, but they're gone a while, but I think Roberto there was related to someone who runs a chipper on William St.
    Edit: if you've a car, there's one in raheen (court fields) that I'm fairly sure does southern fried.

Enzos does lovely deep fried chicken but it doesn't have breadcrumb or batter. Just skin. Nom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I haven't eaten in the Chicken hut in too long. I'm often stopped in traffic on Roches Street with the window open and the smell comes into the car and tickles the nose in a cartoon type way. :D

home-clipart-cartoons-cartoon-15423-of-16481-GWLuXb-clipart.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Freda's takeaway. Best in town. And best value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Kranks oh how i miss your snack boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Any decent places around Castletroy for a snack box? I tried McAris recently, it was grand but nothing special.

Advertisement