Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S&S Non casual contract

Options
  • 08-09-2016 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Im covering a maternity leave on a non casual basis from now until about April and just wondering do I have the same obligation to do S&S as permanent or rpt teachers. Im guessing I do but cant see it clarified anywhere

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ethical

Best thing is to ask your Union.In some schools the Principal will inform you whereas in others there will be nothing said and if you are doing s & s,especially the lunch/break supervision,an extra pair of hands will not be turned away! You will more than likely not be paid if you are doing it.This area is a particular minefield at present,but your Union will guide you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Hello, Im covering a maternity leave on a non casual basis from now until about April and just wondering do I have the same obligation to do S&S as permanent or rpt teachers. Im guessing I do but cant see it clarified anywhere

I don't think you'll find it written anywhere, but usually for maternity leaves you are the teacher you are replacing when it comes to parent teacher meetings, s/s or things like form class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

ethical wrote: »
    Best thing is to ask your Union.In some schools the Principal will inform you whereas in others there will be nothing said and if you are doing s & s,especially the lunch/break supervision,an extra pair of hands will not be turned away! You will more than likely not be paid if you are doing it.This area is a particular minefield at present,but your Union will guide you.

S&S is now part of the salary scale (for TUI) anyway, so you are being paid for it, so the answer is yes.

Advertisement