Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estée Lauder vs smash box contouring pencils

Options
  • 08-09-2016 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi .. Not sure if this is posted correctly ..
    But I'm having problems when blending contouring pencils on top of double wear foundation .. My skin is coming up streaky and patchy .. Plus can see exactly where the pencils were put .. And it takes the base foundation off .. Does anyone else have this problem with the pencils or the double wear and any contouring products on top ? Any help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Boo27 wrote: »
    Hi .. Not sure if this is posted correctly ..
    But I'm having problems when blending contouring pencils on top of double wear foundation .. My skin is coming up streaky and patchy .. Plus can see exactly where the pencils were put .. And it takes the base foundation off .. Does anyone else have this problem with the pencils or the double wear and any contouring products on top ? Any help is greatly appreciated

Have never tried the pencils however the smashbox contour ones are one of the most returned items to Sephora in the US, which suggests many people have issues with them. It might the contour that's the problem and not the DW if you're only having this issue with the Smashbox ones. Maybe try a different brand of contour pencil to see if it works any better. Penneys are doing a set for around €3 I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

The issue could be with the contour pencil but I'd imagine as EL double wear "sets" you should pair it with a contour powder instead of a cream product, they're much easier to work anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

While I don't use contour pencils myself, two things spring to mind frm reading your post
    1 -Are you giving your foundation enough time to dry, to settle on your skin?
    2 - Are you leaving the contour on the skin for a bit before blending it? Contour sticks can dry in quite quickly and be a bugger to blend out the harsh lines, are you blending it out with your brush or sponge as soon as it is applied? This would mean concentrating on each section of the face before moving onto the next part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Also a recent tutorial I've watched suggested that rather than draw a line with the contour pencil, that you dot it on the areas you want to contour.

Advertisement