Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't do enough miles to drive a diesel car?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

ABC101 wrote: »
    The times are a changing... petrol is making a comeback with variable valve timing, turbo and direct injection across all manufacturers etc.

Irish car insurers right now...
    You must have a new car...
    giphy.gif
    But no turbos or variable valve timing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Suzuki have brought out a replacement for their 120 bhp 1.6 petrol, its called petrol booster, 1.4lt, 140bhp, torque increase and almost 50mpg.

The times are a changing... petrol is making a comeback with variable valve timing, turbo and direct injection across all manufacturers etc.

And of course Ford with the impressive Ecoboost engine range.

It is nothing new... BMW has been doing VANOS since 1992, and variable lift since 2001...

I had variable timing in a 05 Skoda... And turbo as well... ;) All in petrol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭ABC101

funny-Donkey-Car1-450x277.jpg

funny-Donkey-Car1-450x277.jpg

It was a bit darker... But congrats of finding an up-to-date picture of me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭ABC101

grogi wrote: »
    Suzuki have brought out a replacement for their 120 bhp 1.6 petrol, its called petrol booster, 1.4lt, 140bhp, torque increase and almost 50mpg.

And of course Ford with the impressive Ecoboost engine range.

It is nothing new... BMW has been doing VANOS since 1992, and variable lift since 2001...

I had variable timing in a 05 Skoda... And turbo as well... ;) All in petrol...

No... I was not referring to the technology being new. I was referring to the New Trend which is going across most manufacturers, which is towards turbo petrol and direct injection with variable valve timing.

In addition older petrol injection would not be the same as more modern petrol injection, as injecting into the inlet port of the suction manifold is outside the combustion chamber.

Modern direct injection is now injecting into the cylinder chamber itself.

Irish car insurers right now...
    You must have a new car...
    giphy.gif
    But no turbos or variable valve timing...

Our cars get quoted in more than 75% cases!

Dacia - old-fashioned, but insureable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Now that everyone has bought diesel cars (myself included) The carbon taxes are going to come thick and fast ever since Renault announced they're phasing Diesel out by 2020, the VW emissions scandal caused this, the regulations are getting tighter and tighter, my next car will hopefully a decent hybrid. I would in my arse by a new diesel now, other manufactures will follow Renault.

This has probably been discussed at length, I didn't read the whole thread.

Advertisement