Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipad wont switch on? Fix, Repair Shop Dublin?

Options
  • 09-09-2016 7:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, my mothers Ipad 2, 16GB won't switch on, can anyone recommend a store in Dublin City center that could try and fix it, Cheaper the better, Moore street any good?

Is there any know DIY fixes?

Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Drone wrote: »
    Hi, my mothers Ipad 2, 16GB won't switch on, can anyone recommend a store in Dublin City center that could try and fix it, Cheaper the better, Moore street any good?

Is there any know DIY fixes?

Thanks in advance!

Could it be that battery is totally dead? Maybe leave it plugin for an hour or so to get some charge, if available test with another cable. If battery has power also try holding the Power and Home button at the same time for about 15 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Yes I'd say it just needs to be rebooted as Nava said. Press & hold the home and power button at the same time until he apple logo shows on the screen. This has always worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Drone

nava wrote: »
    Could it be that battery is totally dead? Maybe leave it plugin for an hour or so to get some charge, if available test with another cable. If battery has power also try holding the Power and Home button at the same time for about 15 seconds.

Thanks for reply, I have tried charging it for 5 hours, but stays at the blinking red on and off fist bar, Also I tried resetting it, I think the battery is gone, Can this be fixed?

misschoo wrote: »
    Yes I'd say it just needs to be rebooted as Nava said. Press & hold the home and power button at the same time until he apple logo shows on the screen. This has always worked for me.

Hi, Thanks, I have tried that but with no joy, But I'll try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Drone wrote: »
    Hi, Thanks, I have tried that but with no joy, But I'll try again.

Try another cable or another plug, maybe for now don't try to charge using a PC/laptop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

I had a similar thing before. Turned out the charger port had gotten blocked with fluff over time. It was a lightning port connection. So jus scooped out the crap with a paper clip and the charger went in ever so slightly further and came back to life after a few mins

Thanks To everyone that replied, I ended up bringing the Ipad to a repair shop, the battery was faulty, to replace the battery was 70 Euro, not sure if this was a good price but jobs a good one!

Advertisement