Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barbour Jacket Re Waxing

• 09-09-2016 8:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone i am wondering about getting my Barbour jacket re waxed. Is there anyone in cork that does them ?. Or do i have to send back to england ?. And what would be the costs of sending back to the UK for it ?.

I know i could re wax it myself but i don't trust myself on the jacket sadly. I have waxed leather jackets no problem before but i don't trust myself on a wax jacket sadly

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I would contact Barbour first as they may have a list of people who they recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Hi everyone i am wondering about getting my Barbour jacket re waxed. Is there anyone in cork that does them ?. Or do i have to send back to england ?. And what would be the costs of sending back to the UK for it ?.

I know i could re wax it myself but i don't trust myself on the jacket sadly. I have waxed leather jackets no problem before but i don't trust myself on a wax jacket sadly

Its easy, trust me. The jacket will look like a candle when you put the wax on and it dries. Just make sure you apply the wax liberally. Once the wax dries you take a hot hairdryer to it, wax melts and your barbour will look good as new.

Youtube for instructions and save yourself some money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Priced it with Barbour they wont 30 pound to 13 pound to ship it back. Then another 15 to send it over. Works out near 80 quid :O. I will order the wax myself now today and give it a go as have a good hairdryer to melt it down anyway.

Thanks everyone i will show some photos of it when done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Yeah, its really pricey. I'd consider it for repairs but re-waxing is simple.

Make sure you get the Barbour wax.

Advertisement