Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel backgammon

• 09-09-2016 9:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭

Wondering does anyone know where I might get my hands on a reasonably good travel backgammon set?

I've done a bit of googling and most of them seem to be leather/suede roll-up ones, which might suit - it's for on a boat, so the pieces/board would need to be "sticky". Magnetic would be best, but they tend to be very plasticky and I'd prefer something a bit "nicer"!

My googling also revealed sets ranging from maybe £70 up to nearly £300 :eek: I'd quite like a nice one, but I ain't payin' that kind of money!!

I've contacted the games shop in Rathmines who said they don't have any in stock but will contact me if they get any - trouble is I really need to get my hands on this in the next couple of weeks if at all possible.

Does anyone know of any other B&M shops around the Dublin area who might have these or be able to source them? Rathmines is the only actual shop I know of.

Thanks in advance for any tips!!

(Mods, not sure if this is the best forum for quick and plentiful answers to a fairly niche question. If you can redirect me to a better location, please do so !!)

Comments

Advertisement