Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Query

Options
  • 09-09-2016 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey Guys,

Hoping to get some advice from an Excel Wizard!

for work, I have to make Power Point presentations from Excel reports, they generally follow the same format "Overview - Analysis - findings etc" and while findings and so on have to be insights, generally the analysis are always the same format

I was wondering if there is a method of creating a template that i can feed my Excel report into... and it spits out the (for instance) 5 sections and the figures

so if i have
    Cats
    Dogs,
    Cows
    Chickens
    Ducks ... every time, the only thing that changes is the figures of each.

is there a way to make a template so that it will spit out all the graphs / tables etc?

apologies if the description is poor, can go into more detail if there is anyone with the insight :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

You can insert charts into PowerPoint and link them to the alues in the sheet. Essentially use the sheet as a data source. Also have a look at Microsoft PowerBI for really great way to do waht you ask. I woud have to see the spreadsheet to understand what exactly you are trying to do.

Advertisement