Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Park, Finglas

• 09-09-2016 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all, I am currently looking to buy a house in Finglas and I have my eye on 1 in Barry Park. I have read a few things on facebook about break-ins and anti-social behaviour, can anyone please tell me if this is true? And if so, does it still go on? Last thing I want is to end up not feeling safe in a house I'm just after getting a mortgage on! I did see a horse in the field but that's about it! I eagerly await your feedback as I am really interested in the house!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Talk to your neighbours. I bought a house this year about two minutes away from there and my neighbours told me everything I needed to know and more. Id say most of the comments about the area is true regarding break ins. It's the surrounding area that I'd be worried about more than that road itself. I won't go into specifics but just google roads in the area and you'll see what is going on. Also the centre around the corner was in the news with it attracting the wrong people to the area and leaving needles in the park.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Don't forget, break ins can happen and do happen quite regularly in plush areas too.

Do you know the area at all?
    Go up some day for a walk and ask people that you see about.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vicks28

Kittie, I am now looking at this area, can you give me any more information? Did you buy, would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kittie123

Vicks28 wrote: »
    Kittie, I am now looking at this area, can you give me any more information? Did you buy, would you recommend?

Hi Vicks, after doing a lot of viewing around the area to see what it was like we decided that it wasn't for us, I don't want to bad mouth an area but we felt it wasn't the best of areas & knew that we'd regret it if we bought there, I would say to you if there is anywhere else that you can buy then definitely do that!

Advertisement