Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bont Ratchet. idea's

Options
  • 09-09-2016 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

I've broken the ratchet on my Bont shoes (standard) but I cannot seem to find anywhere with stock of these except Bont themselves and they want $25 shipping for a $16 small part. Has anyone any ideas where I can find stock of them. I have tried the usual suspects with no success.

I'm thinking as well would another make work ?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

New bike

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

7411.maintenance_5f00_flowchartalbdbs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

New bike

Or maybe have a mass said...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Are they Boa closures, maybe seach for them?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Bont distributor for Ireland and UK seems to be Saddleback. You could try emailing them?

Sorry, on mobile , so hard to post links, I just googled it.

As they are UK, SHipping should be cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I have a pair of sidi ratchets that you are welcome to provided they fit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Thanks for the replies, I have managed a temporary repair for the moment.

Its an older model ratchet and I'm not sure that Saddleback are still the distributors for Bont as they are no longer listed on their site. Stock anywhere seems non existent.

From the look of it I would think a Shimano ratchet may fit. I will take the shoe into the shop tomorrow to make sure. They are pretty easy to order in.

Jnealon, thanks for the offer but the sidi ratchet from my research is slightly wider.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Any pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭nailik

clog wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, I have managed a temporary repair for the moment.

Its an older model ratchet and I'm not sure that Saddleback are still the distributors for Bont as they are no longer listed on their site. Stock anywhere seems non existent.

From the look of it I would think a Shimano ratchet may fit. I will take the shoe into the shop tomorrow to make sure. They are pretty easy to order in.

Jnealon, thanks for the offer but the sidi ratchet from my research is slightly wider.
    I had the same problem - needed a tiny part, Bont wanted crazy money for shipping. I went the Ebay route and got it for half what Bont wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Try jejamescycles.com they seem to stock spares.
    http://www.jejamescycles.com/bontrager-ratcheting-buckle-shoe-part-4.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement