Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings account closed - amount still debited

Options
  • 09-09-2016 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello,

I recently requested for my savings account online to be closed and received confirmation that it would be closed. Hwever, this week my account was debited with the amount I had decided initially. So I right clicked on the transaction and clicked cancel. However, my balance has been deducted by this amount. So I'm not sure where my money has gone and I would like it to return to my current account.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

SusieQCog wrote: »
    Hello,

I recently requested for my savings account online to be closed and received confirmation that it would be closed. Hwever, this week my account was debited with the amount I had decided initially. So I right clicked on the transaction and clicked cancel. However, my balance has been deducted by this amount. So I'm not sure where my money has gone and I would like it to return to my current account.

Thanks for your help
    Hi SusieQCog,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

Regrettably we don’t have account access here to investigate this for you. However if you’d like to contact one of my colleagues in BOI Direct on 0818365365, select option 1 *(star) and option 4 a rep will be happy to look into this for you.

Advisors are available from 8am to Midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm at the weekend.

If we can help with anything else please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Have a good weekend.

Helen 

Advertisement