Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone living in Ballivor?

Options
  • 09-09-2016 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

looking at moving around there, wondering on opinions? everything online is from years ago and im sure its changed since then?

Safe?
    Shops?
    Schools?
    Travel to Dublin time? google maps say a little under an hour?
    Things to do for us adults?
    parks its for dog walking?

any help would be appreciated :):o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hamstercrusher

Hey there, yup live in the area, grew up there, moved out for college and stuff for a good while but moved back with my own family. Its a small village with 3 shops, largest being the local Centra, also a petrol station, two pubs, laundrette, chipper and chinese.

The primary school is relatively new, large and modern. There are a number of playschools and or creches in the village. Also there are a number of Secondary Schools nearby in Trim/Athboy/ Longwood.

The local GAA is very active in the community, there is a new community garden behind the Community Hall. In the community hall there are many activities for kids like Scout, Tae Kwon Do. etc. The community hall also houses a small library and hosts a baby and toddler group.

The ares is relatively safe, some local tikes around but thats about it.

The commute obviously is longer during the winter depends where you are going in town but you can go via the N3 or the N4. Myself, I drive 20mins to Enfield and get the train directly into town.

Can be a little quiet at times in the area, but its a small village but its great for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Hey there, yup live in the area, grew up there, moved out for college and stuff for a good while but moved back with my own family. Its a small village with 3 shops, largest being the local Centra, also a petrol station, two pubs, laundrette, chipper and chinese.

The primary school is relatively new, large and modern. There are a number of playschools and or creches in the village. Also there are a number of Secondary Schools nearby in Trim/Athboy/ Longwood.

The local GAA is very active in the community, there is a new community garden behind the Community Hall. In the community hall there are many activities for kids like Scout, Tae Kwon Do. etc. The community hall also houses a small library and hosts a baby and toddler group.

The ares is relatively safe, some local tikes around but thats about it.

The commute obviously is longer during the winter depends where you are going in town but you can go via the N3 or the N4. Myself, I drive 20mins to Enfield and get the train directly into town.

Can be a little quiet at times in the area, but its a small village but its great for kids.

Thank you!!
    Some beautiful houses are up for sale atm, one of which, id buy this instant if we have the cash, but we wont until we sell!!
    I wonder how long houses stay on the market down there, or i hope something crops up whenever we get the house up here sold!!

I dont work 9-5, im lucky, i work roughly 2-8 so i wont ever really hit that rush traffic.. thank god, which is making the want to move alot better!!

Advertisement