Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Energy Grant - Find Out Year House Built

• 09-09-2016 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi.
    I'm looking into getting some insulation put into our dormer house.
    In order to qualify for the grant the house must be built prior to 2006.
    What kind of proof of year of build do I need to provide or how indeed do I find out the exact year of build?

I bought the house last year. The guy I bought from didn't know exactly when it was built. He bought it in late 2006 but wasn't sure how long it had been built at that stage.
    I have a feeling the build spanned both 2005 and 2006 so just really trying to find out if we're eligible for the grant or not.

Cheers for any guidance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭caesarthechimp

Look at the silver coloured spacer bar between the panes of the double glazing. There should be a date of manufacture there.
    If it says 2005, or earlier, you are good to go.
    If nothing visible there, look at the ESB meter for its date of manufacture.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭gaillimh

Thanks for the reply - have checked the windows previously but no date on them.
    I'll have a look at the esb meter later on. cheers

Advertisement