Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price rip offs in Louth

Options
  • 09-09-2016 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

Was in the centra store in balls Grove yesterday in Drogheda and single bars of chocolate and single packets of sweets were priced between 135 and 155....skittles , dairy milk, yorkies,munchies,bounty etc....what a price rip off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Sounds about right.

Sounds about right or sounds about the usual? Seems to me that a lot of retailers have taken it upon themselves to push prices upward when there is simply no need for them to do so.

A lot of the garage/forecourt retailers are guilty of this.Understand of course that they have bigger overheads etc but there are some huge price differences between them and others that cant be jusified.

The shop(Niall Clarkes?) opposite the Louth hospital one of many of such aided and abetted by Fee's Maxol on the Castletown Road in Dundalk.

Fee was recently selling a pack of kimberley biscuits flash priced on the pack at "SPECIAL €1.50" for €2.65 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Fee was recently selling a pack of kimberley biscuits flash priced on the pack at "SPECIAL €1.50" for €2.65 !!

Just on this point ..... in same shop last week .... kilmeaden cheddar, priced 2.50 ..... came up 3.95!!!!! I wouldn't even had noticed only I was only buying two things and literally took a fiver out of my ashtray rather than my handbag. I thought it was a simple mistake ..... but perhaps not!

I think all Centra's have the same prices and share a lot of products/offers, regardless of their location, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

I think all Centra's have the same prices and share a lot of products/offers, regardless of their location, no?

Probably... any of the centras I have been in past few days appear to be doing same thing... crunchie in centra mornington 155 ... u can get deals in the baskets but if you want to buy a single bar prices have gone way up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Probably... any of the centras I have been in past few days appear to be doing same thing... crunchie in centra mornington 155 ... u can get deals in the baskets but if you want to buy a single bar prices have gone way up.

But have chocolate prices not risen internationally? What price is the crunchie elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

aided and abetted by Fee's Maxol on the Castletown Road in Dundalk.

Totally agree, this shop is soooooo expensive. Used to live near Brodigans Londis on the Quay and it was much better value and better selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

But have chocolate prices not risen internationally? What price is the crunchie elsewhere?

Yes, most bars and snacks are getting smaller for the same price. Folk should buy their snacks in Eurogiant or dealz where you can get multipacks or 3 bars of your choice for €1.50

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Peter File wrote: »
    Yes, most bars and snacks are getting smaller for the same price. Folk should buy their snacks in Eurogiant or dealz where you can get multipacks or 3 bars of your choice for €1.50

I can't allow myself to do this, becuase I don't have the self control to just eat one and leave the rest for other days. If I buy in bulk I eat in bulk :pac:

Advertisement