Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying lump sum off mortgage - procedure

Options
  • 09-09-2016 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I will be looking to pay a lump sum off my mortgage in the coming weeks.

Can you please tell me how do I go about this?  Do I need to contact my local branch or the main BOI mortgages dept?
    And can it all be transferred online to you or will i need to get a bank draft?

And if its got to be a bank draft then must both account holders names be signed on the draft?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi One_of_Shanks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

You can make a lump sum payment to your Mortgage Account through Banking 365 Online by adding your mortgage account as a payee under the 'Bill' option.

Please note, there is a max daily limit of €20,000 for transfers when you receive the payee security code by post or €10,000 if the security code is issued via text message.

If you wish to discuss your options further, please contact our Mortgage Team on 01 6113333 and an Advisor will be happy to help. 

Thanks,

Sharon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Thanks!

You should find out whether your lump sum will reduce the term of the mortgage or if it will reduce the monthly payment and keep the term the same.
    Most banks will default to payment reduction unless instructed in writing to do otherwise.

Advertisement