Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eflow penalty

• 09-09-2016 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi there..
    Ive a question here about a car i bought..ive sold it on 2nd of august and the chap asked for the log book so he can pay tax;
    Meanwhile,he was crossing m50 toll and ive received lots of penalty letters..the guy send the log book but went on him from the 16th of august and now im liable for payment from the 2nd till the 15th..
    He looked like a genuine buyer so thats way i gave him the log book but now is not answering when i call him or text him..
    He gave me his adress,name..should i go to a solicitor or is some other way to deal with this situation?
    Ive contacted department of transport,ive write down a declaration and sent it to them,ive call eflow every 3 days,im in a dispute now but the only way,at the moment,is to pay the amount owned and then to proceed with getting my money back.
    Anyone else in the same situation?
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Why did you give the buyer the reg cert? if you sell your car, you register the new owner with Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gabryel1

Why did you give the buyer the reg cert? if you sell your car, you register the new owner with Shannon.

I know that,the guy ask me for the log book so he can pay the tax in the motortax office so he dont have to wait till goes on him in a week time or so as he had to drive to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

if anyone is doing it this dangerous way, they should get a written dated receipt from the guy for the tax book and take a photo of it with the details filled in.

doesn't help your world of pain OP , sorry.

if anyone is doing it this dangerous way, they should get a written dated receipt from the guy for the tax book and take a photo of it with the details filled in.

I do have a note stating the guy is buying the car from me,the date but no signature..i have an appoitment with a solicitor this days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

gabryel1 wrote:
    Hi there.. Ive a question here about a car i bought..ive sold it on 2nd of august and the chap asked for the log book so he can pay tax; Meanwhile,he was crossing m50 toll and ive received lots of penalty letters..the guy send the log book but went on him from the 16th of august and now im liable for payment from the 2nd till the 15th.. He looked like a genuine buyer so thats way i gave him the log book but now is not answering when i call him or text him.. He gave me his adress,name..should i go to a solicitor or is some other way to deal with this situation? Ive contacted department of transport,ive write down a declaration and sent it to them,ive call eflow every 3 days,im in a dispute now but the only way,at the moment,is to pay the amount owned and then to proceed with getting my money back. Anyone else in the same situation? Thank you

Did you sign and date the log book when you sold it ?

• Advertisement

dev100 wrote: »
    Did you sign and date the log book when you sold it ?

No..i have a written note

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

gabryel1 wrote: »

Expect some penalty points soon!

PrettyBoy wrote:
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation but let it be a lesson to yourself and to anyone else that may be selling selling a car in future to never, ever give the logbook to the buyer. I've sold dozens of cars over the years and the vast majority of people I've sold to have tried to tell me that they should keep the logbook or that they'll post it themselves. Under no circumstances should a buyer be given the logbook by the seller.

Only case is a dealer( proper dealer )

gabryel1 wrote:

Can I ask are you Irish or foreign?

Everyone makes mistakes and hies sight is a great thing but a mistake made is a lesson learnt.

Is this note signed and dated ? And any witnesses to you selling the car on that date ? How did he pay cheque ,bank draft , cash ? Did you put money into a banking institute? Did you cancel insurance policy or change car over on that day ?

You need evidence to prove u sold it that day . With tolls just tell them you sold car on said date and it's not your fault that the car wasnt registered quick enough .... I'd be straight about it you shouldn't have to pay a bill for something you didn't do . I'm sure they deal with this stuff on a daily basis .

Gather your evidence and send it on to whoever requires it

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Check https://www.motortax.ie/PSE to see if the car ownership has been transferred recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you tried calling buyer on another phone? If he answers and doesn't cooperate request a new logbook from Shannon and fill it in with his details with the original date of sale and send it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Lads. The op says the change of ownership was done from the 16th August.

Shannon are not going to issue another rcert to a previous owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭dreoilin

I built up a nice little penalty from eFlow once. Called them and said I was out of the country and my mother was using the car at the time. They said if I set up an account with them they'd waive the fees as a goodwill gesture. Done and done.

Lads. The op says the change of ownership was done from the 16th August.

Shannon are not going to issue another rcert to a previous owner.

Thats correct,ive contacted Shannon,they instruct me to write down a "Declaration" stating the dates the log book should go on the new owner,i had to go to a solicitor,payed €10 so he can stamped it and then send it back to Shannon..
    The car still went on the new owner from 16th.
    Meanwhile,i had to pay toll bridge between 2nd and 16th of august(€128) ,because eflow placed me in a dispute but they told me they cannot assured me how things gonna go down and i might be oblige to pay double when dispute finishes..
    So im still waiting to see..
    This post was about what ive to do,if any of you been in this situation...
    I know i shouldnt give him the log book but he look like a desperate chap for a car so he can go to work,we all need some understanding sometimes..
    But apparently,good deeds are not paid back this days..
    So guys,always send the logbooks..always..

dreoilin wrote: »
    I built up a nice little penalty from eFlow once. Called them and said I was out of the country and my mother was using the car at the time. They said if I set up an account with them they'd waive the fees as a goodwill gesture. Done and done.

Ive tried this,but they told me is not possible because the car went on the new owner which means any next trips will go on my account..
    Paying the outstanding amount was the best decision at that moment.
    Dreoilin,the log book was still on you..so it worked out for you..fairplay

• Registered Users Posts: 30 AranLamb

Contact Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 AranLamb

gabryel1 wrote: »
    Ive tried this,but they told me is not possible because the car went on the new owner which means any next trips will go on my account..
    Paying the outstanding amount was the best decision at that moment.
    Dreoilin,the log book was still on you..so it worked out for you..fairplay

That trick used to work, making the account.

Not anymore I'm afraid, Found out the hard way.

Advertisement