Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best takeaways in Naas/Sallins area?

• 09-09-2016 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for some recommendations having just moved to the area.

We eat everything and anything from time to time so recommendations for Chinese/Indian/Chipper are all welcome. (There's a pizza place very near us so that covers off that requirement :D)

Price not an issue - we don't get many takeaways so far more interested in getting something good quality than something cheap.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

P.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Frank's chipper in Prosperous - best chipper I've ever had anywhere.

The Tigger in Clane is not too bad as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Thai Station in Sallins is lovely, especially the southern Thai lamb curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

sadie06 wrote: »

Ah yes - just across the road from me. Not bad at all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

sadie06 wrote: »

thelawman wrote: »

Above and for Me, Fate Chinese in Naas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Fate is my favourite Chinese. Lemongrass is my favourite Thai. Capri is my favourite chipper. ðŸ·ðŸ·ðŸ·

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Thai station is great.

Indie Spice is good but I always feel violated by the price of the takeaway.

Maharajah is not as fancy as Indie Spice but everything I've got from there has always been good.

Jimmy's on the main Street does great fish and chips.

I don't think there's a good Chinese in Naas. They're all phoning it in at this stage with their rubber chicken..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

Indie Spice is good but I always feel violated by the price .

Are they still doing the Indie Express? Great value for 2 or 3 assuming you like the set option
    ...which we did !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

bduffy wrote: »
    Are they still doing the Indie Express? Great value for 2 or 3 assuming you like the set option
    ...which we did !

My missus eats pineapple on pizza ffs. There isn't a set menu in the world that could cover that type of weirdness :)

To be fair to Indie Spice though, I do have a tendency to order half the menu when getting Indian which will push the price well over the 30 mark for 2 people particularly when paying for rice separately. There is more value to be had across the road without a huge loss in quality but I do mix it up.

The good thing about the Indians vs the Chinese's is that the meat in the Indians is generally recognisable as what you ordered. Worth the extra money alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Been in Naas 20yrs and without doubt Peony Chinese takeaway comes out top every time. Tried them all but they just can't be beaten imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Victoria Garden in Johnstown is the best Chinese by miles, and they deliver to Sallins..!

Otherwise, for pizza, Apache Pizza opposite the church in Naas is miles better than Dominos in Sallins. I can't stand that place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Pizza from Il fico....proper thin based pizza Italian style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭jamfer

Capri Grill in Naas, the original and still the best. Nice pizza, good pasta and great fish and chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I can only speak about Naas

Fish & Chips - Jimmy's

Pizza - Capri Grill or Giulio's

Chinese - Fate or Naas Inn

Burger - Eddie Rockets - Call and Collect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

McDonald's drive through at Tesco extra in monread. 24Hr's, take debit card. Don't even have to get out of the car:D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

Bit late to the party but Aprile's is the best chipper in town. Me and her indoors usually get a doner wrap each and share a battered sausage and chips. Curry sauce essential too

Advertisement