Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2016 Tour of Britain - Stage 6 up Haytor ..no spoilers required

Options
  • 09-09-2016 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭

Its wet , its windy and its hard ....

So who can do it and win on Haytor ..Dan Martin ??

QkioEgY.png

Will use for rest of race

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

just caught the end of the stage earlier. roche looked like he did well today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

neris wrote: »
    just caught the end of the stage earlier. roche looked like he did well today

Yes for a man who had pneumonia 2 weeks ago he did well ....Could have doen better if race fit and not recovering

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Dan Martin didn't seem to have the legs today, Roche went well, as stage winner Poels, looks like Cummings has this race wrapped up now, he does a good TT and has a minute of a lead.

Yes all wrapped up on stage 2

But still TT battle between Dennis, Dumoulin, Cummings & Van Barle shoul be good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

What is with Etixx and not protecting the leaders jersey over a stage win?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    What is with Etixx and not protecting the leaders jersey over a stage win?

Well he popped in a huge way, I think they knew he had no chance up that climb tbh.

Very good TT from Nico

and also from Ryan Mullen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Wiggins 2 & a half minutes down over an 18 minute tt? Why bother entering at all if only as a celebrity?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,337 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

pelevin wrote: »
    Wiggins 2 & a half minutes down over an 18 minute tt? Why bother entering at all if only as a celebrity?

So he could run up the hill imitating froome.
    He always was a bit of an eejit with the mod stuff and whatnot, but he turned into a complete bellend the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

retalivity wrote: »
    So he could run up the hill imitating froome.
    He always was a bit of an eejit with the mod stuff and whatnot, but he turned into a complete bellend the last few years

How dare he have a bit of craic with the spectators. The devil.

• Advertisement

I like Wiggins...always have and always will ...He is a great mimic and he doesn't take it all too seriously

He has personality and in a sport where everyone trotts out the same gibberish all the time I would prefer to hear Wiggo any day....Yes he can be difficult but so can alot of top cyclists/sportsmen... But his interviews/TV appearnces and how he transcends the sport is great

Frooome is a nice reasonable man with of course a killer inscint (just ask the rabbits) but if I had to go on a desert island with either I'd pick Wiggo any day

And I like child like behaviour ...everyone is too seriosu all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

MPFGLB wrote: »

And I like child like behaviour ...everyone is too seriosu all the time

I'm wondering, Will I or won't I? Do I dare? Ah sure, what the hell. . . .

You must love Carlton Kirby so! There's even a site, What Carlton Said devoted to his more unusual outpourings.

There, I said it . . . (Ponders looking into the difficulties of starting a new id for Boards)

pelevin wrote: »
    I'm wondering, Will I or won't I? Do I dare? Ah sure, what the hell. . . .

You must love Carlton Kirby so! There's even a site, What Carlton Said devoted to his more unusual outpourings.

There, I said it . . . (Ponders looking into the difficulties of starting a new id for Boards)

I am not sure i see the connection ...Wiggins and I like to think myself like childlike behaviour but with some sense of intelligence

Better not get me started on my view of Kirby 'humour' ......There may be blood

Advertisement