Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All-new Peugeot 5008 SUV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Hackers

I queried this as well with child seat expert and was told absolutely 100% NOT to do that.

grogi wrote: »
    Just put a book - exp. well regarded yellow pages - inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

The car handbook lists recommended seats. Probably easiest to buy one of them which gives you online options too...,

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cowboyjoe

Cheers for all the advice. So we are actively ooking to get a seat with extra long feet to anchor to the floor.
    I got this response from our Peugeot dealer which implies storage lid is strong enough for car seat, but we probably won't take the risk:

"Unlike on the previous 5008, on the new 5008 this lid has been reinforced in order to be able to support the leg of child seats. Therefore, it is much stronger and not directly comparable to the previous car.”

Note: “The traps have been strengthened to pass the I size standard which requires an effort of 700 DaN in dynamics.”

Hackers wrote: »
    I brought the 5008 to a child seat car expert before purchasing. Legs cannot rest on top of the compartments, they must go to the floor. Was also advised that the one behind passenger seat was not as safe as one behind driver seat as there are ridges in it that might cause the leg to slip in an accident.

Was also advised that the middle seat was fine even though I had concerns over a bit of give in the floor mat.

So for twins I would go with rear seat behind driver and middle seat. Maybe not the most practical but safety is number one. Your local baby shop should be able to recommend an expert to give an opinion, you have what my expert told me but no harm to get a 2nd opinion

You should have tether hooks in your model which is an alternative to leg base I think. Would need purchase of new seats though which would be costly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Got my first service yesterday, time flies. One year with 0 issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Got my first service yesterday, time flies. One year with 0 issues.

Have to get mine serviced as well. Bang on 15k on the nose.

Did you go main dealer? How much did it cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I queried this as well with child seat expert and was told absolutely 100% NOT to do that.

Because?!

Use your own judgement sometimes, not relay on so called experts. Very often their expertise comes from being paid to do something, not actual knowledge. Plus they are covering their ass.

Because?!

I would presume because there is nothing grounding the yellow pages.. surely the book would just dislodge in an incident

lawred2 wrote: »
    I would presume because there is nothing grounding the yellow pages.. surely the book would just dislodge in an incident

By tunnelling through the compartment cover?

By tunnelling through the compartment cover?

Oh hang on, thought you meant sit the leg on the book.. my mistake

Oh hang on, thought you meant sit the leg on the book.. my mistake

No :)

Fill the compartment with something solid - useless books are great cause one can precisely tune their width - so that the cover can rest on it. Close it and use the car seat as normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Because?!

Use your own judgement sometimes, not relay on so called experts. Very often their expertise comes from being paid to do something, not actual knowledge. Plus they are covering their ass.

I sorry, but your suggestion that we listen to some anonymous person on boards who's discredits experienced design and safety engineers.

Engineers that have performed controlled test and meet defined design criteria and standards, to achieve the best safety for you child and family.

Instead you advising using a book.

I am not a mechical engineer but I have used these seats anchors and if the leg has any give at all, it will allow it to release and swing forward completely.

Will a book provide sufficient regidity that will stop this? Will the book compress under pressure, is the book designed to the correct height of the compartment?

Maybe it's not even the downward pressure that is the issue. Maybe the compartment lid is not secure enough and can simple slide out from the top.

My advise would be to listen to the experts, as they do in fact, have the most knowledge and experience on both the seats and cars in question; and is there job (and legal responsibility) to ensure product design standards.

Here's how some of this engineering and safety has advance in cars, as a demonstration, and not a book in sight. (skip to 50s to the crash test)

https://youtu.be/L7o2MB6DuKk

Have to get mine serviced as well. Bang on 15k on the nose.

Did you go main dealer? How much did it cost?

Yes, Bluebell motors, 167 euro and they removed a screw from a tire as well.

When I have my children in a car the aim is to have them as close to being 100% safe as possible.

Doing anything that reduces that % when advised not to by a qualified professional is bordering on madness.

Because?!

Great approach, you can never be too careful. Best of luck with the twins and enjoy!
    cowboyjoe wrote: »
    Cheers for all the advice. So we are actively ooking to get a seat with extra long feet to anchor to the floor.
    I got this response from our Peugeot dealer which implies storage lid is strong enough for car seat, but we probably won't take the risk:

"Unlike on the previous 5008, on the new 5008 this lid has been reinforced in order to be able to support the leg of child seats. Therefore, it is much stronger and not directly comparable to the previous car.”

Note: “The traps have been strengthened to pass the I size standard which requires an effort of 700 DaN in dynamics.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭MarkN

When I have my children in a car the aim is to have them as close to being 100% safe as possible.

Doing anything that reduces that % when advised not to by a qualified professional is bordering on madness.

Do you take their jackets off every time they are in the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭medic112

1.2 auto, first service last week also @14,800 km. Loonams €146 & they washed it, even though i specified for them not too :(

Otherwise excellent service tho from staff there. :)

Yes I do as it happens. They can be left on depending on the thickness of the jacket also....better safe than sorry is my motto. If I am overcautious, I can live with that. Any parent reading this discussion have both views on the compartment issue and can make their own call accordingly as a result.
    Do you take their jackets off every time they are in the car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Yes, Bluebell motors, 167 euro and they removed a screw from a tire as well.

Need to book mine into bluebell in the next week or two. Did you get a recall notice for some software?

1 year on, zero issues and a happy family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 paddymacwacker

Does anyone know if the wipers can be defaulted to automatic mode and if the a/c can also be set to default to mono. I just installed the latest firmware at the weekend but can't see any option to do this.

Does anyone know if the wipers can be defaulted to automatic mode and if the a/c can also be set to default to mono. I just installed the latest firmware at the weekend but can't see any option to do this.

No and no unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Thinking of changing to this from a 2 litre diesel S-Max.

Are you folks happy with the car still?

Thinking 1.6D Allure via PCP - what are the "must-have" options?

* Do need to be budget conscious so strictly must-have!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

I'll just mention it although Im sure you know. The 5008 is a bit smaller than the Smax, having said that it takes three child seats without issue.
    From memory, by the time you add a few extras you might as well just buy the GT-Line. What would I spec up for definite if buying again;
    LED Lights mainly - I think *(get confirmation) that if you spec this up, it changes the nose of the Car to look more like the GT-Line.
    Leather Quilted Napa Seats - I paid for these after market, not the Peugeot ones. Similar look and stitching, really finishes the car.

TBH, I think that's it, but I have to say the overall aesthetics of the GT-Line, with the Diamond Pan Roof etc I think sets the car apart. Still gorgeous when clean and still love the Car. The 1.5/6 Diesel is perfectly adequate also.

What wouldn't I get, Grip Control, absolute gimmick IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Thanks for that Smithy - Very much appreciated.

I agree on the grip control, I have it, used it twice on the snow, didn't notice any difference.
    For sure go for the LED lights, not only they are great, they make the whole front look a lot cooler.
    Get the heated seats as well, they are only about 200euro. Last but not least, the adaptive cruise control, I use it constantly and it's amazing in traffic as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I was looking at these when they first came out, Misses said no as too small and went Galaxy. Not the Galaxy is too big and I would be interested again

I will be going auto. Anyone have the auto and which is best engine for it?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I was looking at these when they first came out, Misses said no as too small and went Galaxy. Not the Galaxy is too big and I would be interested again

I will be going auto. Anyone have the auto and which is best engine for it?

I have old 6-speed auto with the 1.6 BlueHDi. Cannot complain at all, shifts smoothly and fast. Sorry - I only have one complain - there is no room for chip tuning (the AWF6F25 can handle only 250 Nm of torque).

Current 1.5 diesel and 1.2 petrol will come with 8 speed AWF8F35 which handle upto 350Nm, while 1.6 petrol and 2.0 diesel come with stronger AWF8F45... All seem good to be honest...

Pick the engine based on your driving patterns and don't be discouraged by the small capacity of 1.2 - it really is potent enough to handle this car.

I have old 6-speed auto with the 1.6 BlueHDi. Cannot complain at all, shifts smoothly and fast. Sorry - I only have one complain - there is no room for chip tuning (the AWF6F25 can handle only 250 Nm of torque).

Current 1.5 diesel and 1.2 petrol will come with 8 speed AWF8F35 which handle upto 350Nm, while 1.6 petrol and 2.0 diesel come with stronger AWF8F45... All seem good to be honest...

Pick the engine based on your driving patterns and don't be discouraged by the small capacity of 1.2 - it really is potent enough to handle this car.

I am kind of inbetween. I do 20k miles per year but really I wouldn't say I am diesel person. I will test both. Preference would be a PHEV but that doesn't look like coming.

Current Galaxy is diesel but that is only because petrol is not available.

What sort of ltr/100km are people getting out of these?

I am kind of inbetween. I do 20k miles per year but really I wouldn't say I am diesel person. I will test both. Preference would be a PHEV but that doesn't look like coming.

According to the App exactly 6ltr/100km. Seldom stuck in prolonged traffic though.
    I do regret not getting the adaptive CC, and it cant be retro-fitted according to the dealer.
    The recent snow flurry saw me looking to use the 'Snow Mode' with great excitement :D I seen a Lexus 200 stuck getting up a minor hill. I'll take this with ease. I didnt even get as far as the Lexus. Then to my utter disdain as I was reversing back down, an oul Granny, God bless her, boots by me in a Reno Clio, straight up the Hill like it was the middle of July :eek::P

According to the App exactly 6ltr/100km. Seldom stuck in prolonged traffic though.
    I do regret not getting the adaptive CC, and it cant be retro-fitted according to the dealer.
    The recent snow flurry saw me looking to use the 'Snow Mode' with great excitement :D I seen a Lexus 200 stuck getting up a minor hill. I'll take this with ease. I didnt even get as far as the Lexus. Then to my utter disdain as I was reversing back down, an oul Granny, God bless her, boots by me in a Reno Clio, straight up the Hill like it was the middle of July :eek::P

Remind me of the time I bought a "mountain bike" from Halford. I went to go up a slope with some pebbles on it and the wheel came off. Brought it back and the "mountain bike" wasn't for offroad. I told him it was a slope and he said even a pothole and they fall apart.....

I guess with that ltr/100km you have a manual? which engine out of interest?

• Advertisement

Remind me of the time I bought a "mountain bike" from Halford. I went to go up a slope with some pebbles on it and the wheel came off. Brought it back and the "mountain bike" wasn't for offroad. I told him it was a slope and he said even a pothole and they fall apart.....

I guess with that ltr/100km you have a manual? which engine out of interest?
    I just opened the App there, last 9000Km it's reading 6.1L/100. Dont know how accurate it is, Im sure it's there abouts. 1.6 Diesel Auto

To compare our last 5008 (older model 2014, same engine) using the Robotic Auto Manual Thingy was 6.3 over it's lifetime.

I just opened the App there, last 9000Km it's reading 6.1L/100. Dont know how accurate it is, Im sure it's there abouts. 1.6 Diesel Auto

To compare our last 5008 (older model 2014, same engine) using the Robotic Auto Manual Thingy was 6.3 over it's lifetime.

It wasn't same engine. In the old you had DV6C (eHDI, ~115bhp), in the new one DV6FC (BlueHDI, ~120bhp). ;P

Objectively I would go for diesel - it will be much more frugal... I'd say 6l/100km vs 8l/100km for the petrol.

But the perception of diesels among the public starts to be very bad and the resale values might go down...

Objectively I would go for diesel - it will be much more frugal... I'd say 6l/100km vs 8l/100km for the petrol.

But the perception of diesels among the public starts to be very bad and the resale values might go down...

Not a huge fan of diesel myself but my other car is BEV so I am doing at least 50% towards reductions :D

I run at about 8-8.5ltr/100km. The best I have seen is 8 and that was reset the clock and a clean run up and down to Westport.

I'm getting 5.66 l/100 km brim to brim measured over 3,000 km on the 1.5 diesel manual. The app is a little more optimistic, saying 5.2 l/100km. I drive normally - I'm not making a special effort to save fuel.

I have Grip Control and the tyres that come with that would have higher rolling resistance than the standard tyres.

In mainland Europe, people seem to be getting between 7-8 l/100km with the 1.2 petrol.

If you play around with the PCP calculator on the Peugeot website, you'll see slightly higher residuals for the petrol which is cheaper to buy in the first place.

With the 1.6 Petrol I am getting 6.7 on long motorway trips, and about 8.5 in the city. This engine really doesn't like traffic and start and stop. I still would choose it over the diesel, it sounds much better either way :-)

If I remember when they first came out, the interior on the active maybe had loads of switch's but none of them worked....small bit annoying

Is this the same on Allure? do you have to go GT to have all them working

If I remember when they first came out, the interior on the active maybe had loads of switch's but none of them worked....small bit annoying

Is this the same on Allure? do you have to go GT to have all them working

The ones in the middle of the dash? All the ones on the Allure work (the Nav one needs Carplay/Android Auto connected as there's no inbuilt sat nav)

What app?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rocko92

Very interested in sourcing a 5008 in the North or UK but have been told the Irish spec is better (for a change), British models have sat nav extra whereas Irish went for an ungraded infotainment system? Can anyone shed any further light on this. On current pricing the Irish Market also seems almost comparible on prices

• Registered Users Posts: 2 byebyecar

I am looking at selling my 182 5008 1.5L auto GT line. Have an ok price for it from the dealer I purchased it from but I am wondering could I do better privately? Or is it worth the hassle? It was 42.5k new. Looks like it's still a popular enough car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

byebyecar wrote: »
    I am looking at selling my 182 5008 1.5L auto GT line. Have an ok price for it from the dealer I purchased it from but I am wondering could I do better privately? Or is it worth the hassle? It was 42.5k new. Looks like it's still a popular enough car.
    I'd doubt you will. Very few people will pay you what it's worth privately and have no comeback.

It's not impossible but rare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭MarkN

Still has the balance of probably a 3 year warranty so I’d put that on the ad. Stick it up on Carzone for €2,445 / €1,995 more than the dealer is offering and see what happens...

How much you looking for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 byebyecar

Am going to try and get 35k based on similar spec'd 182. There haven't been many of the 1.5L autos for sale over the last 2-3 months, so hard to judge. 191 in the same spec/milage are going for 38-39k.
    How much you looking for it?

Am going to try and get 35k based on similar spec'd 182. There haven't been many of the 1.5L autos for sale over the last 2-3 months, so hard to judge. 191 in the same spec/milage are going for 38-39k.

Call me pessimistic, but you'd need the person paying 35k for a soon 2 year old 5008 in a private sale well examined.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rocko92

Judging by the limited supply of them on the market, your hand is strong. Dealers charging outrageous money on them, if your looking for a trade in you could get a good deal in any garage. You could also trade in at most dealers as the 5008 a good sell on. The value of the 5008 is holding also.

Personally, why wouldn't you put it up on donedeal? You'll offer as much warranty as dealers (three year manufacturer). You'll probably make an extra two grand on it. Only problem is the time involved in meeting people etc. All depends on your context I suppose. Your price of 35k is steep though, based on the Irish market which is inflated. I'd sooner go usedcarsni.co.uk and pick up a better deal up north

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

MarkN wrote: »
    Still has the balance of probably a 3 year warranty so I’d put that on the ad. Stick it up on Carzone for €2,445 / €1,995 more than the dealer is offering and see what happens...

If it was a two litre, you'd sell it in a flash

Advertisement