Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All-new Peugeot 5008 SUV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 paddymacwacker

Anyone had a dashcam fitted using a hard wire kit ? Had mine booked into Halfords today but there is no fuse map and they don't want to fit if they are not sure. Manual that came with car and online have no map and they aren't labelled in the car.

Anyone have any issues like this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭pete6296

Looking to get a 5008 allure 1.5 diesel but wondering what's the best colour.
    Thinking nimbus grey but seen a navy today and it looked good. Simple decisions can prove to be hardest ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

pete6296 wrote: »
    Thinking nimbus grey but seen a navy today and it looked good. Simple decisions can prove to be hardest ones

I'd go for Amazonite if I was buying it again. I have pearlescent white which looks great on the rare occasions that its clean. its supposed to be a nightmare to repair so prob worth avoiding.

Its worth noting that residuals on the petrol look a bit stronger on the Peugeot PCP calculator.

I'd go for Amazonite if I was buying it again. I have pearlescent white which looks great on the rare occasions that its clean. its supposed to be a nightmare to repair so prob worth avoiding.

Its worth noting that residuals on the petrol look a bit stronger on the Peugeot PCP calculator.

Thanks a million. Have a 181 with 52k kms so not sure petrol would suit me. Seen the amazonite, nice but missus prefers the nimbus grey

Thanks a million. Have a 181 with 52k kms so not sure petrol would suit me. Seen the amazonite, nice but missus prefers the nimbus grey

The navy is eyecatching too but might show dirt a bit more. You can't really go wrong with any of the metallic colours - best of luck with the new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭SEORG

In the same boat ourselves at the moment. Most likely getting the GT-Line 1.2 Auto.

The colour is the hardest choice. Leening towards the Emerald Crystal at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rocko92

Have a Nera Black and would really recommend it. Matches well with the black plastic finishes and ties in with the dark tint. Considering the weather,it has stayed looking well. Nimbus grey also very nice. Not a fan of the green tinge in the Amazonite personally

rocko92 wrote: »
    Have a Nera Black and would really recommend it. Matches well with the black plastic finishes and ties in with the dark tint. Considering the weather,it has stayed looking well. Nimbus grey also very nice. Not a fan of the green tinge in the Amazonite personally

Thanks a million. Same opinion, it's either the black or the nimbus grey at this stage. Would you get the black again or a no nimbus grey

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cowboyjoe

We've got the navy "Egyptian blue" and it is still such a class colour. GT version. It caught our eye straight away in dealers when we saw it, more so than any other 5008 colour. But colour is a personal preference I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Time2GetFit

AFAIK, when we went to order in mid November the Egyptian Blue was our preference too but was advised that they have discontinued the colour due to lack of interest. I found this surprising as it’s a quality colour in my opinion!

We were told it is being replaced by the red that is currently available in the 3008 which I also really like but unsure how it would look on the bigger vehicle and would it work as well.

For us it was between Nimbus Grey and the Bianca (Non Metallic) white and ultimately the white was the preference with the Black Diamond Roof and are getting the aluminium exhausts fitted too (its 1.2 Allure). I know many wouldn’t go for a non metallic but we weren’t sold on how the Pearlescent White looked and could be a tricky if it needed any body work repairs. Again colour is very personal but was v impressed with Nimbus Grey also.

Due delivery in next 6 weeks so looking forward to it now!

• Advertisement

AFAIK, when we went to order in mid November the Egyptian Blue was our preference too but was advised that they have discontinued the colour due to lack of interest. I found this surprising as it’s a quality colour in my opinion!

We were told it is being replaced by the red that is currently available in the 3008 which I also really like but unsure how it would look on the bigger vehicle and would it work as well.

For us it was between Nimbus Grey and the Bianca (Non Metallic) white and ultimately the white was the preference with the Black Diamond Roof and are getting the aluminium exhausts fitted too (its 1.2 Allure). I know many wouldn’t go for a non metallic but we weren’t sold on how the Pearlescent White looked and could be a tricky if it needed any body work repairs. Again colour is very personal but was v impressed with Nimbus Grey also.

Due delivery in next 6 weeks so looking forward to it now!

Is there an option for the alu exhausts on the allure. How much for this option. Presume they simply clip in where fake sections are in black plastic of allure.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Time2GetFit

Is there an option for the alu exhausts on the allure. How much for this option. Presume they simply clip in where fake sections are in black plastic of allure.

Yeah I just liked the finish they gave instead of the black. I’d have to check exactly but from memory it was €250 or so.......definitely not more than €300.

If you were going for the Nera Black I would absolutely get the alu exhausts fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rocko92

Thanks a million. Same opinion, it's either the black or the nimbus grey at this stage. Would you get the black again or a no nimbus grey

Yes a big fan of the black. When we looked in Windsor there was a longer wait for the black. Still don't see too many (ours is a 181 so would expect more on the road). I swore I'd never buy black after I had a 09 Passat as it got some polish stains etc l, however with such a new car it's easy to maintain. As other posters have stated though, colour is personal so really your choice. If going GT line black is pointless as you lose the benefit of pearlecent roof.

In relation to the other comments about exhausts. I went and ordered the plastic ones from eBay, also got the wing mirror covers which look really well contrasting the black. The wind deflectors are also very dark so they tie in well overall. Final detail was mud flaps which the garage fitted for free, they're not that big on the 5008 so not that noticeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I know this is a 5008 thread, but does anyone have any info on the 3008 hybrid4? Availability or pricing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

I’ve the 1.2 petrol, version in silver (I’m sure there’s a proper name for it but can’t remember)
    Ive had it 2 years now and love it, really smooth car and feels way faster than a 1.2. If I were to change it, I’d go for an automatic with leather and maybe in time, but for now it ticks all my boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cbb1982

Just bought a 181 5008 having trouble with radio anyone else encounter this? I’m due to visit dealer on Wednesday hopefully get it sorted 🀞🀞

cbb1982 wrote: »
    Just bought a 181 5008 having trouble with radio anyone else encounter this? I’m due to visit dealer on Wednesday hopefully get it sorted ����

Does it keep rebooting?

It is crackling most of time then every so often it won’t cone on but if you stop car and start ignition again it comes on but again crackly

cbb1982 wrote: »
    It is crackling most of time then every so often it won’t cone on but if you stop car and start ignition again it comes on but again crackly

Not one that I've heard of but hopefully it'll be something as simple as a firmware update.

Ask them if your car is due a recall to check the bolts on the spare wheel assembly. It might already have been done but worth asking about (your car might well have been built before March 2018 as its a 181 so it may not apply)

https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/consumers_safety/safety_products/rapex/alerts/?event=viewProduct&reference=A12%2F1895%2F19&lng=en

Thank you I’ll check that recall out too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

used 2litre 5008,s are rare as hens teeth , even the 1.6 litre are holding their value every bit as good as the skoda kodiaq

Test drove a 2L GT the other day, real find to be able to test drive one as hardly anyone chooses the top spec 2L diesel, been a long time since a car impressed me so much.

I however won't be buying the GT, it's not worth the extra cost over the GT line 2L diesel auto and besides I'm actually leaning towards the 1.6 Petrol 180 BHP auto despite not being able to drive it as there are none around in garages

Unfortunately hardly anyone goes for that option either so i don't think I'd be able to test drive it

I really don't do enough miles to justify a diesel, however, i want to buy the one which provides real performance, therefore i would be willing to go with the 2L diesel GT line if i thought the power difference was significantly above the 1.6 petrol.

Both are 180 BHP but obviously you have the torque element in the 2L diesel

The 1.6 L petrol is 3 k cheaper with my trade than the 2L GT line diesel, i am not interested in the 1.5 diesel auto, if I go for a diesel, it will be the 2L GT line, drove the 1.5 diesel manual immediately after the 2L GT ( top spec) and the 2L blew it away

To conclude in simple terms

Would the 1.6 petrol auto GT line be a mad purchase compared to the 2L GT line

Can a 1.6 petrol ever compete with a 2L diesel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Test drove a 2L GT the other day, real find to be able to test drive one as hardly anyone chooses the top spec 2L diesel, been a long time since a car impressed me so much.

I however won't be buying the GT, it's not worth the extra cost over the GT line 2L diesel auto and besides I'm actually leaning towards the 1.6 Petrol 180 BHP auto despite not being able to drive it as there are none around in garages

Unfortunately hardly anyone goes for that option either so i don't think I'd be able to test drive it

I really don't do enough miles to justify a diesel, however, i want to buy the one which provides real performance, therefore i would be willing to go with the 2L diesel GT line if i thought the power difference was significantly above the 1.6 petrol.

Both are 180 BHP but obviously you have the torque element in the 2L diesel

The 1.6 L petrol is 3 k cheaper with my trade than the 2L GT line diesel, i am not interested in the 1.5 diesel auto, if I go for a diesel, it will be the 2L GT line, drove the 1.5 diesel manual immediately after the 2L GT ( top spec) and the 2L blew it away

To conclude in simple terms

Would the 1.6 petrol auto GT line be a mad purchase compared to the 2L GT line

Can a 1.6 petrol ever compete with a 2L diesel?

I have the 1.6 petrol (the 165bhp-6speed one) for the last two years. I will try to sum up.

Consumption: It's going to be at least 3 litres higher than the diesel, especially in morning traffic. On the open road up until the 110-120km/h the consumption with the AAC is around 6.8 to 7.5. At 140km/h (on the speedometer, so around 130 real) the consumption goes up to around 9.

Noise: You won't hear that horrible diesel engine noise (obviously personal preference)

Performance: Personally I have no issues, the car is plenty fast for its size. Enabling the sport mode, keeps the rev higher so you can go a bit more as well. Either way, it's not a car for traffic light racing, there is a lot of mass that needs to be moved.

Tech: I went for nearly everything, adaptive cruise control, grip control, electric boot. I absolutely LOVE the adaptive cruise control, I use it constantly even in traffic. Grip control is useless, but I liked the rims that come with it more. Electric boot is a good to have, makes life bit easier. Also don't bother with the navigation, use your phone to connect to the screen much better.

Overall, the car is fun to drive, the quality is excellent and everyone that has been in or around was very impressed.

Edit: If you are around dublin and want to see the car pm me.

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I have the 1.6 petrol (the 165bhp-6speed one) for the last two years. I will try to sum up.

Consumption: It's going to be at least 3 litres higher than the diesel, especially in morning traffic. On the open road up until the 110-120km/h the consumption with the AAC is around 6.8 to 7.5. At 140km/h (on the speedometer, so around 130 real) the consumption goes up to around 9.

Noise: You won't hear that horrible diesel engine noise (obviously personal preference)

Performance: Personally I have no issues, the car is plenty fast for its size. Enabling the sport mode, keeps the rev higher so you can go a bit more as well. Either way, it's not a car for traffic light racing, there is a lot of mass that needs to be moved.

Tech: I went for nearly everything, adaptive cruise control, grip control, electric boot. I absolutely LOVE the adaptive cruise control, I use it constantly even in traffic. Grip control is useless, but I liked the rims that come with it more. Electric boot is a good to have, makes life bit easier. Also don't bother with the navigation, use your phone to connect to the screen much better.

Overall, the car is fun to drive, the quality is excellent and everyone that has been in or around was very impressed.

Edit: If you are around dublin and want to see the car pm me.

That's extremely generous of you, i might just have to accept the offer

Did you test drive any other options before choosing the 1. 6 petrol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

That's extremely generous of you, i might just have to accept the offer

Did you test drive any other options before choosing the 1. 6 petrol?

I tried the 1.2 petrol and the 1.5 diesel. I would have gone with the 1.2 petrol to be honest if it would support adaptive cruise control, but I am really not regretting getting the 1.6 (well a bit for the consumption but ok.). I didn't like the diesel.

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I tried the 1.2 petrol and the 1.5 diesel. I would have gone with the 1.2 petrol to be honest if it would support adaptive cruise control, but I am really not regretting getting the 1.6 (well a bit for the consumption but ok.). I didn't like the diesel.

Was told by two separate dealers in the past few days that the 1.6 petrol is currently unavailable

Would be interested in test driving the 1.2 petrol in an automatic, was said earlier in this thread that the 1.2 is unavailable in automatic, perhaps this has changed?

Was told by two separate dealers in the past few days that the 1.6 petrol is currently unavailable

Would be interested in test driving the 1.2 petrol in an automatic, was said earlier in this thread that the 1.2 is unavailable in automatic, perhaps this has changed?

Its definitely available in 1.2 automatic - Bluebell Motor Company have three new in stock. Its a nice 8 speed auto box too, made by Aisin but programmed by Peugeot.

Its definitely available in 1.2 automatic - Bluebell Motor Company have three new in stock. Its a nice 8 speed auto box too, made by Aisin but programmed by Peugeot.

Have you driven that model?

Have you driven that model?

Yes, its very similar to the diesel, especially in automatic form. Nicer at cruising speeds though as its quieter than the diesel. I suspect that you'd need to change gear a bit more in the manual petrol compared with the diesel even though there's lots of low end torque in the petrol so it may not be necessary. I don't know how the petrol would compare with the diesel when fully loaded. They've the same power output but the extra torque of the diesel might make it feel more capable.

• Advertisement

The 1. 2 petrol is not available in GT, GT line is the top spec available

On a different topic sorry.
    Has anyone got Android Auto to work wireless in 5008.
    Thanks

On a different topic sorry.
    Has anyone got Android Auto to work wireless in 5008.
    Thanks

It isn't standard but there's a workaround. Its a bit fiddly and I haven't tried it so can't vouch for it:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/paid-software/android-3-0-proxy-gateway-android-auto-t3813163

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

Possibly considering one of these if the finance gods shine on me. Coming from a Prius I'm conscious of suddenly spending a lot more on petrol than I'm used to (although it's an older Prius so not a efficient). The model I'm considering is the Allure 1.2 petrol automatic - does anyone on here have that model and if so what are the running costs of it roughly? From reading online I see mention of 36mpg which strikes me as low and would mean I'd be lucky to get 500 miles from the tank.

The car is really impressive though so if I could iron out the running costs I'd be more inclined to pull the trigger. The diesel is out of my price range unfortunately.

chabsey wrote: »
    Possibly considering one of these if the finance gods shine on me. Coming from a Prius I'm conscious of suddenly spending a lot more on petrol than I'm used to (although it's an older Prius so not a efficient). The model I'm considering is the Allure 1.2 petrol automatic - does anyone on here have that model and if so what are the running costs of it roughly? From reading online I see mention of 36mpg which strikes me as low and would mean I'd be lucky to get 500 miles from the tank.

The car is really impressive though so if I could iron out the running costs I'd be more inclined to pull the trigger. The diesel is out of my price range unfortunately.

7.75l/100km brim to brim here on rural backroads - that’s 36mpg in old money. Lovely engine and really smooth 8 speed auto box though and the difference in annual running costs between 36 mpg and, say, 45 mpg wouldn’t be huge for an average annual mileage. My previous diesel did 45 mpg for the same driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭PaulRyan97

7.75l/100km brim to brim here on rural backroads - that’s 36mpg in old money. Lovely engine and really smooth 8 speed auto box though and the difference in annual running costs between 36 mpg and, say, 45 mpg wouldn’t be huge for an average annual mileage. My previous diesel did 45 mpg for the same driving.

If he's coming from a Prius it will be a bit more noticeable. Even the older models would get you ~55mpg (5.1L/100km). Could be looking at an extra 250L of petrol a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    If he's coming from a Prius it will be a bit more noticeable. Even the older models would get you ~55mpg (5.1L/100km). Could be looking at an extra 250L of petrol a year.

Depends on the time of year but 50-55 would be normal enough alright. I think an extra 250 a year sounds about right. Also have been considering a diesel grand picasso which i think would give closer MPGs to the Prius. Thing is though, the 5008 looks a lot nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

chabsey wrote: »
    Depends on the time of year but 50-55 would be normal enough alright. I think an extra 250 a year sounds about right. Also have been considering a diesel grand picasso which i think would give closer MPGs to the Prius. Thing is though, the 5008 looks a lot nicer.

25 quid a month thereabouts at todays prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I went into Peugeot in Sandyford yesterday to look at ordering a new face lift 5008. We want manual 1.2 petrol Allure with some extras so they are saying we are looking at March delivery. Seems like a long time considering our Skoda Superb(with extras) we bought new a few years ago only took 3 months.

Anyway I had a drive and it seemed pretty good. A couple of minor things was the size of the steering wheel and handling seemed a bit sluggish at speeds less than 20km/h, maybe just takes some getting used to. They didn't have any more info on the face lift model that I couldn't find online, seems purely cosmetic unless you're looking at the GT line specs like night vision. That's okay though because the price isn't much higher and the pictures I've seen of the face lift exterior look quite nice(imo). They didn't have updated spec / price lists though which I found strange because you can only order the face lift model right now. I might email Peugeot Ireland directly and see what they say. Not going to order anything until after the budget next week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Burnham10

Has anyone got details on the facelift model price changes and impact of new VRT rates? I can't get the dealership on the phone, and they had told me they should have that inflation on 02 November. Thank you.

Burnham10 wrote: »
    Has anyone got details on the facelift model price changes and impact of new VRT rates? I can't get the dealership on the phone, and they had told me they should have that inflation on 02 November. Thank you.

I've ordered a facelift 1.2 petrol allure for delivery in Jan/Feb. The official spec/pricing isn't released yet, I've been told should be within the next 2 weeks. The figure I was given was up to 3.5k more than the previous 1.2 petrol allure. 1k for the facelift and 2.5k for the vrt related changes. I've been told the 2.5k could be higher but more likely to be lower. It all very much depends on the spec they decide on for the Irish market. The amount of extra options is going to be dramatically reduced compared to previous model which had something like 30 options, new model only 5-10 and they will be mostly cosmetic not affecting the weight/emissions of the car. All this is coming from the dealer I'm dealing with who is getting it from Peugeot Ireland so I'm taking it with a grain of salt until I see the official spec. I'm due a call from the dealer once the financials have been finalised but I'll be keeping an eye on peugeot.ie for when they release the facelift spec/price list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

I've ordered a facelift 1.2 petrol allure for delivery in Jan/Feb. The official spec/pricing isn't released yet, I've been told should be within the next 2 weeks. The figure I was given was up to 3.5k more than the previous 1.2 petrol allure. 1k for the facelift and 2.5k for the vrt related changes. I've been told the 2.5k could be higher but more likely to be lower. It all very much depends on the spec they decide on for the Irish market. The amount of extra options is going to be dramatically reduced compared to previous model which had something like 30 options, new model only 5-10 and they will be mostly cosmetic not affecting the weight/emissions of the car. All this is coming from the dealer I'm dealing with who is getting it from Peugeot Ireland so I'm taking it with a grain of salt until I see the official spec. I'm due a call from the dealer once the financials have been finalised but I'll be keeping an eye on peugeot.ie for when they release the facelift spec/price list

That a car hit hard by the WLTP rules - 1.2 petrol auto is 26% VRT but the diesel auto is only 18% so its likely the petrol will cost more to buy... could see a swing back to diesel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Can anyone recommend where to get a hitch fitted to one of these at a decent price? Apparently it needs a removable one and I am getting quoted big prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Birka

Can anyone recommend where to get a hitch fitted to one of these at a decent price? Apparently it needs a removable one and I am getting quoted big prices

How much are you being quoted? I was quoted €750 from a main dealer, matching the factory fit price. Its a Westfalia removable unit - very neat. I bought a similar unit from the UK for £280 shipped. It might need a main dealer visit to update the car's systems once it's fitted.

The 2021 prices are now up on the Peugeot Ireland website. As an example of the price increases, the 5008 1.2 Allure automatic (petrol) has gone up from €36,050 to €40,935 plus metallic & delivery. The 5008 1.5 Allure manual (diesel) has gone up from €35,540 to €37,995 again not including metallic & delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Birka wrote: »
    How much are you being quoted? I was quoted €750 from a main dealer, matching the factory fit price. Its a Westfalia removable unit - very neat. I bought a similar unit from the UK for £280 shipped. It might need a main dealer visit to update the car's systems once it's fitted.

750 also from main dealer, they said they could get a guy to do it for €660 though.

I'd have no idea how to for one unfortunately, so looks like the money is going to have to be big

The 2021 prices are now up on the Peugeot Ireland website. As an example of the price increases, the 5008 1.2 Allure automatic (petrol) has gone up from €36,050 to €40,935 plus metallic & delivery. The 5008 1.5 Allure manual (diesel) has gone up from €35,540 to €37,995 again not including metallic & delivery.

Not seeing it on peugeot.ie, got a link?

750 also from main dealer, they said they could get a guy to do it for €660 though.

I'd have no idea how to for one unfortunately, so looks like the money is going to have to be big

Main dealer fit gives some peace of mind in terms of warranty especially where modern electronic systems are concerned. A removable hitch is a must in my book as it’s a cleaner look and doesn’t interfere with reversing sensors.

Wow that's nearly a 4k vrt increase for the automatic if you take out the 1k for the facelift price increase. The manual allure 1.2 petrol that I've ordered works out just under 2k vrt increase which isn't as bad as I was expecting. Looks like the pcp apr has gone back up to 4.9% though. Any idea why the automatic has higher emissions?

Full spec/price list released now

Confirms what the dealer had been saying to me that there will be very few options and anything that adds weight will be quite expensive. Also a lot of options not available on the Allure 1.2 PureTech 130bhp Manual as it is already quite close to the next VRT band. I wanted the electric tailgate but dealer tells me that Peugeot Ireland can fit it after it arrives in Ireland and will work out a lot cheaper VRT wise than having it factory fitted

• Advertisement
Advertisement