Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All-new Peugeot 5008 SUV

1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Full spec/price list released now

Confirms what the dealer had been saying to me that there will be very few options and anything that adds weight will be quite expensive. Also a lot of options not available on the Allure 1.2 PureTech 130bhp Manual as it is already quite close to the next VRT band. I wanted the electric tailgate but dealer tells me that Peugeot Ireland can fit it after it arrives in Ireland and will work out a lot cheaper VRT wise than having it factory fitted

No GT-Line spec, just goes from Allure straight to the full GT trim. Discontinued I wonder?

Edit: I see the Allure spec sheet is similar to what the GT-Line was (and in fact adds Navigation) No 1.6 petrol engine though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

elbyrneo wrote: »
    No GT-Line spec, just goes from Allure straight to the full GT trim. Discontinued I wonder?

Edit: I see the Allure spec sheet is similar to what the GT-Line was (and in fact adds Navigation) No 1.6 petrol engine though?

Yeah the Allure is quite well specced which makes the facelift + VRT price increase that bit more palatable. To be honest the GT doesn't seem worth it at all, it's mostly cosmetic with a few driver assistance features. I would assume a 1.6 petrol engine would push the price up a massive amount due to VRT and there would be no demand for it. Also I find it amazing that there is nearly 8k between the manual 1.2 Allure and auto 1.2 GT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

Yeah the Allure is quite well specced which makes the facelift + VRT price increase that bit more palatable. To be honest the GT doesn't seem worth it at all, it's mostly cosmetic with a few driver assistance features. I would assume a 1.6 petrol engine would push the price up a massive amount due to VRT and there would be no demand for it. Also I find it amazing that there is nearly 8k between the manual 1.2 Allure and auto 1.2 GT

You have to buy GT spec to get a car with adaptive cruise. Also the PHEV should be almost cheaper than the 1.2 auto but doesn’t seem to be on the list now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Birka

Casati wrote: »
    You have to buy GT spec to get a car with adaptive cruise. Also the PHEV should be almost cheaper than the 1.2 auto but doesn’t seem to be on the list now

There's no PHEV on this generation 5008 - maybe the next one.

No spare wheel included now. Hopefully its possible to retrofit as a can of foam just doesn't do the trick a lot of the time.

Birka wrote: »
    There's no PHEV on this generation 5008 - maybe the next one.

No spare wheel included now. Hopefully its possible to retrofit as a can of foam just doesn't do the trick a lot of the time.

Ah yeah that's just the 3008 I was thinking of

I was told this as well, I just presumed I could buy a space saver spare wheel and there would be room under the boot floor for it?

I was told this as well, I just presumed I could buy a space saver spare wheel and there would be room under the boot floor for it?

You should be able to as I'd say that it was removed for emissions reasons but I'd get the dealer to fit it as part of a deal - there's a winch system which is a bit fiddly as some of it lives beside the tailgate rather than directly over the spare wheel housing. The kit includes a plastic holder for the various tools as well as a key for the winch. The plastic holder lives inside the spare wheel dish so make sure that you get that too, rather than having stuff loose in the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

Hi. I'm researching 2020 or 2021 5008 automatics. If one is on a motorway with an active or allure, and traffic in front slows, would your car slow down to avoid colliding with the car in front? Or would there still be a collision if your mind was elsewhere but the brakes are automatically applied to decelerate? Would really appreciate if someone could let me know as I'm after a 7 seater with the former safety feature. Thanks. William

william wrote: »
    Hi. I'm researching 2020 or 2021 5008 automatics. If one is on a motorway with an active or allure, and traffic in front slows, would your car slow down to avoid colliding with the car in front? Or would there still be a collision if your mind was elsewhere but the brakes are automatically applied to decelerate? Would really appreciate if someone could let me know as I'm after a 7 seater with the former safety feature. Thanks. William

You need adaptive cruise control which is a €390 optional extra. That'll mean a factory order and an additional wait before delivery. The automatic emergency braking feature standard on the car will work to minimise the impact but is unlikely to stop the car completely in time to avoid an impact.

• Advertisement

You need adaptive cruise control which is a €390 optional extra. That'll mean a factory order and an additional wait before delivery. The automatic emergency braking feature standard on the car will work to minimise the impact but is unlikely to stop the car completely in time to avoid an impact.
    Thanks for clarifying that. Very helpful. Think I might just get a dashcam which alerts to possible frontal collisions. Seen too many happening on the m50.

william wrote: »
    Thanks for clarifying that. Very helpful. Think I might just get a dashcam which alerts to possible frontal collisions. Seen too many happening on the m50.

That's already a standard feature, it is on my 2021 manual Allure spec anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I am wondering if anyone has had to deal with parts. My car is in the garage for an in theory chain tensioner replacement. It's now 7weeks, and they are still waiting a part. They did give me a replacement car, but it's very excessive. They claim it's due to brexit they can't move parts fast around.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

I have a 192 GT automatic. The highest spec. I wanted to trade it in for the same again but the spec seems to have changed alot. I've been told by 2 garages I can't get a
    2 litres in this country.
    Has anyone bought a new one recently ?

shot2go wrote: »
    I have a 192 GT automatic. The highest spec. I wanted to trade it in for the same again but the spec seems to have changed alot. I've been told by 2 garages I can't get a
    2 litres in this country.
    Has anyone bought a new one recently ?

It's all down to the VRT changes so they don't want to sell a 2 litre because it will be huge money even if people are willing to pay it. On the upside your 192 GT automatic should be worth a bit more now in the second hand market

It's all down to the VRT changes so they don't want to sell a 2 litre because it will be huge money even if people are willing to pay it. On the upside your 192 GT automatic should be worth a bit more now in the second hand market

I don't mind paying for it but they don't want to sell me one 😂

I'm waiting since January on a trade in price for mine. I waited 6 months for the one I have now to arrive in the country so I wanted to have a new one ordered and ready for July this year but no one is getting back to me.

I'm seriously thinking of getting the new kia sorrento instead now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

I don't mind paying for it but they don't want to sell me one ��

I'm waiting since January on a trade in price for mine. I waited 6 months for the one I have now to arrive in the country so I wanted to have a new one ordered and ready for July this year but no one is getting back to me.

Why dont you just keep what you have? You must be losing a fortune changing like that.

The 2 litre does seem to be available again - it wasn't when the facelift was launched. Peugeot are listing the new model 5008 2 litre GT on their 1st March pricelist for €53,120 plus delivery, metallic etc. Its tax Band D so €420 motor tax.

The 2 litre does seem to be available again - it wasn't when the facelift was launched. Peugeot are listing the new model 5008 2 litre GT on their 1st March pricelist for €53,120 plus delivery, metallic etc. Its tax Band D so €420 motor tax.

I did contact peugeot who told me it was available here but for some reason garages don't want to order it or even give me a price for one. I had the same issue with my first one, I had to go to a different county to buy it because the local peugeot dealer made so many excuses.
    I taught it would be a easy swap and straight forward but they are not making it easy.

€53000 is not bad but I think they have made the sunroof an extra now. My current one was €52000 but included all the nice extras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭fabsoul

I did contact peugeot who told me it was available here but for some reason garages don't want to order it or even give me a price for one. I had the same issue with my first one, I had to go to a different county to buy it because the local peugeot dealer made so many excuses.
    I taught it would be a easy swap and straight forward but they are not making it easy.

€53000 is not bad but I think they have made the sunroof an extra now. My current one was €52000 but included all the nice extras.

Did you try Slattery as they were the only dealer that got back to me when I when to buy a new peugeot.

https://www.slatterysgarage.ie/

I don't mind paying for it but they don't want to sell me one 😂

Did you look at Nobbyoncars on YouTube? Mark just did a review on the Sorento PHEV and it looks savage - would be just over 50k. I think it would be a nice step up from a 5008, even a 2.0 GT

• Advertisement

Casati wrote: »
    Did you look at Nobbyoncars on YouTube? Mark just did a review on the Sorento PHEV and it looks savage - would be just over 50k. I think it would be a nice step up from a 5008, even a 2.0 GT

Thanks im going to look at it now.

That's already a standard feature, it is on my 2021 manual Allure spec anyway

Thanks for the reply. Just to update. Purchased a 1.5 diesel active auto. And it has the frontal collision warning. Cruise control is as simple as one sets the speed and it stays at that. Not adaptive to cars in front. All the above is good enough for my needs. Looking forward to driving it more now when lockdown finishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Anyone know how to turn off the sound alert that the SatNav gives when a Speed Zone is close by? I recently connected to the three year TomTom sub that comes with the car and am now getting the annoying beep every time I come near a Speed Zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

With some time already passed by, I wanted to ask how did the 1.6 petrol engines worked out for folks in here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Has anyone got the new model 5008 Allure and are the roof rails not on them anymore?

Have a 3008 Allure and thinking of upgrading to the 5008 Allure. I see a few nice extras have been added like keyless entry but it doesn't look like they have roof rails.

Yes it has them, not sure the exact term for the style though, solid perhaps

Lovely cheers. Losing the roof rails would have been a big loss for me. Can't believe how much cars have gone up since I last bought new in 2019, second hand included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Would anyone have a link to Peugeot's list of recommended phones for Android Auto compatibility? Googling here but no joy.

Also, is MirrorLink and Android Auto the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭pete6296

Hi

Looking at 2022 peugeot 5008 allure.

Can't decide on colour, what is the best colour. Currently have a 201 nimbus grey 5008

I think the Black looks fantastic in the 5008. Especially after the facelift.

• Advertisement

The facelift black, especially from the front with the sabre-tooth running lights, is one of the best looking cars on the road today.

If black is not your thing the grey looks classy too.

Thanks, black seems to be the best so far. We were looking at cumulus grey or nimbus grey and then my wife said what about black! Not many in dealerships to see what colour looks like in the flesh.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

My wife picked Celebes Blue colour for her 3008 and I have to say I really like it

https://www.carscoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Peugeot-5008-b.jpg

Have the Celebes Blue 5008 myself and quite happy with it. I've seen a few red 5008s around and I really like them too. Not a fan of the black, I think chrome highlights on black looks tacky. That's not specific to Peugeot, don't even like a BMW/Mercedes with chrome hightlights on black. When getting the 5008 I queried about getting the black pack but the dealer said it's not available in Ireland

Went to a dealer today and seen black, red and nimbus grey. She likes the black while I think nimbus grey looks well.

The black is a ripped marine in jackboots. The grey is a sharp, expertly tailored suit. White is like some sort of disfigured stormtrooper. Copper (brown!) is marmite. Red and blue are red and blue.

Don't ask about performance! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

I've been quoted just over 20k to trade my 181 3008 gt diesel, with 40k on the clock for a new 5008 allure diesel.

Anyone make a similar trade, or have an idea if it is a decent price?

Got a quote of 27.5k for a 192 3008 1.2l petrol allure. Similar mileage. I'd say you could do better.

Post edited by Jofspring on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,499 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I got quoted €30k for a 191 3008 GT Line petrol with 13k on the clock from a non-Peugeot dealership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭feelings

Anyone have their "leather" seats cracking and peeling in parts of the seat? Car is just at the three year mark and couldn't believe that the drivers seat is so badly cut up and cracking in places. Car has less than 50k km on it.

Its a known issue among owners although Peugeot haven't officially acknowledged it. I was told that it was my fault for not sitting straight in the seat but its clearly an issue with the material used.

Yeah I see owners in UK getting the seat covered replaced. Anyone have any joy here?

For anyone interested - dealer sent pics off to Peugeot and have agreed to replace it under warranty.

Anyone know what the service interval is on a 2/3/5008, from 2017?

Advertisement